2013 Miami Dolphins Thread

Daniel

If there was any way the Jets and Fins could possibly both lose next week, they'd find a way.  At this point it looks like we're headed for the Steelers coming out of nowhere for the last playoff spot anyway.

Wow they nearly pulled a Baltimore-Denver from the playoffs, but Wallace dropped a catchable ball.  If he's going to ***** then he'd better catch those.

tannehill is Unitas compared to the garbage in green you're going to see next week. I would take Tannehill on my team right now. Tannehill is at least improving off a week one, he has some idea of how to read a defense and hit a receiver in stride.

tannehill will one day be an above average QB. Geno will be on special teams or in the CFL

Edited by '7'

Was not tannehill who lost the game. Stop wit the bs on tannehill consistently by you. I hate the dolphins but this wasnt in him his numbers were good for this game.

It is most certainly on him. The defense did its job. Hey Tanny, hit a wide open Mike Wallace like friggin Geno Smith probably could. Or convert for a TD when the defense gives you the ball on the other team'a 20. Or maybe get a first down at an opportune time.

Once again the other team and the defense gives this absolute loser of a QB a chance to win, and once again he blows it. Why is it that very QB turns into John Elway against this team. It's because our QB can't close the friggin deal in a tough game.

That's the worst thing is our useless GM will probably look back when this team has another 7-9 year, but think a turn around is coming because we lost a lot of those games by only a few points. Maybe if we had a QB with a pair, we might have won those games.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Edited by Daniel

How did the defense do its job when they were up three and gave up the game-winning drive?

Th defense gave Tannehill the ball on the Panthers 20 and he did nothing. He could have put the game away there. The defense did it's job when Tannehill threw that pick in the opening drive. Bottom line, the defense gave Tannehill a chance to win, and he did nothing. Alex Smith wins this game if he's the QB.

This has happened in at least three games, against the Ravens, the Bucs and Bills.

That last catch on Wallace not tannehill. He dropped it. You played the best defense in the league and came from a dam catch of winning.

It Tannehill could have thrown it to an open part of the field where Wallace didn't have to twist and turn. Or he could have hit him when wide open in the second quarter. He's lucky enough that Wallace caught two badly undertrown balls.

He sucks, big time.

Defense didnt stop that 4th and 10! And then you win. But no they didnt do its job right there. That nice throw to wallace at the end. Wallace dropped it and have the game there. Your first blame is tannehill and it isnt always accurate.

A franchise QB, or even an ok QB wins that game for the Phins. He is neither. He could have scored more than 20 points at home when Newton was struggling for much of the game.

Tanny, go home with the millions you're stealing from us and enjoy your hot wife. Please don't be the latest QB that brings this team further into irrelevance.

Daniel, sorry bud but you are delusional. And I can say that after watching a full game. Don't have time for a long post right now, but blaming any QB when your team cant run for two yards is silly...for starters.

Hmmm, maybe we can't run the ball because nobody fears the passing game.

No one doesn't. Defense failed to stop them on the down that mattered the most in that game. Tannehill couldn't do much more then he did. You have a hate for him that won't recede so whatever. Your in denial about it but whatever.

There's not much point in going back and forth.

My hate for him will recede when he starts winning. Geno Smith is just as good in that department. Matt Moore with the Phins is better in that department, and when he was playing for a really bad team.

He put up nfl numbers today. Considering they just played the best dam defense in the league. They faired well being one catch or defensive stop from a win.

Correction, Mike Wallace bailed him out of two bad throws, which made it look like he had NFL numbers.

Hope you're not rubbing it in.

Honestly, from what I saw on Red Zone I had just assumed Miami won. The Raven game ended early so I didn't catch any of the other 1pm game endings. I am stunned they lost. Just saw the highlights on NBC Pergamum show. Wow

Alright some extended thoughts now that I have the time...

The Dolphins are a pretty good team. A certain poster here wants to blame everything on the QB, which is crazy. Tannehill was very solid today. He has the tools to be a very good quarterback in this league. But no matter who you are, you need help. And Miami has absolutely no run game. That's asking a lot for any NFL QB when you can't get 2-3 yards at all. And as far as your point above, Daniel, not being able to run has nothing to do with teams not fearing Tanny. Did you see the Panthers bringing anyone extra into the box daring the Dolphins to throw? It didn't really happen. 

A lot of so called stud young QBs are struggling around the NFL. So I think your expectations are ridiculous anyway. And he isn't surrounded by tons of talent either. They need to improve their o-line, get healthy and continue to delvelop Ryan.

One main thing I saw was not just a QB who is more fully developed, but also a head coach. Joe Philbin is Ron Rivera before his revelation. You had one coach going for it on 4th down on his team's side of the field minutes into the 3rd quarter, and of course the smart 4th and 10 call not to punt. And then you had Philbin who punted in every short yardage situation, and then up 3 on 4th and 2 or 3...decides to attempt a field goal. In the NFL the difference between 3 and 6 isn't that big, especially with that much time left on the clock. There is no reason to attempt a field goal. Get aggressive and go for it. And that isn't even taking into account where they were on the field. Trying a 53 yard kick where a miss would put the Panthers on the 43...makes that an absolute atrocious call. Just atrocious.

Should I bother bringing up...the insane prevent defense by the Dolphins with 8 seconds left. They were in hail mary defense with 8 seconds left. That allowed LaFell to catch a short pass and run 30 yards easily putting them in field goal range. Just way too much time to be doing that. 

This isn't gloating. It's just bringing up things to combat Daniel's insane claims that all the problems fall on Tannehill. The Panthers were there. It takes a bit of time developing a QB, and coaching has a sh!tload to do with wins and losses in the NFL. The Saints are the perfect example here. And I like to think the Panthers are too. Ron Rivera has finally figured it out. And in this case he realized punting did nothing in that situation with 2:20 left. You don't capitalize on a 4th down, big deal. You try and get a 3-and-out, and you'll be down 6. Still a one score game. If they get a first down, it's over either way --punt or turnover on downs. The difference is if you go for it and miss, a coach most likely plays it conservative and runs it 3 times and takes the points. You punt it and Miami probably realizes that they can't end the game on a 1st down by just running it 3 times. They probably call their best play-action plays with a pass-run option for Tanny. 

That's what Rivera learned this year. Don't force a team to do something or they'll do it. Trying to go from 3 to 6 points..you just tell the Panthers exactly what they have to do to win. Miami plays every game to the wire. That's a very good thing. Those games will turn soon. But it's an offensive league with the rules slanted towards the offense. You give an offense enough chances, they will burn you. So as a coach, you have to minimize those chances.

Tannehill was mic'd up loudly, and I noticed it to that "GO GO" was always a run, and "Go" was a pass. Very strange. It does make defenses go offside quite a bit. And I was wondering why the Panthers were biting on play-action passes after there was a "Go" at the line.

On another note, the Dolphins exposed a lot of the Panthers weaknesses that have been masked a bit the past few weeks. They can't run the ball at all. All their rushing is done by Cam. And their secondary is susceptible to the big play over and over, if there is no pass rush. Johnson being out hurt big time. It was clear that Miami copied a lot from NE's playbook and what worked last week against the Panthers. Some of it worked, but they don't have the personnel to be as successful. 

Edited by devilsrule33

Alright some extended thoughts now that I have the time...

The Dolphins are a pretty good team. A certain poster here wants to blame everything on the QB, which is crazy. Tannehill was very solid today. He has the tools to be a very good quarterback in this league. But no matter who you are, you need help. And Miami has absolutely no run game. That's asking a lot for any NFL QB when you can't get 2-3 yards at all. And as far as your point above, Daniel, not being able to run has nothing to do with teams not fearing Tanny. Did you see the Panthers bringing anyone extra into the box daring the Dolphins to throw? It didn't really happen.

A lot of so called stud young QBs are struggling around the NFL. So I think your expectations are ridiculous anyway. And he isn't surrounded by tons of talent either. They need to improve their o-line, get healthy and continue to delvelop Ryan.

One main thing I saw was not just a QB who is more fully developed, but also a head coach. Joe Philbin is Ron Rivera before his revelation. You had one coach going for it on 4th down on his team's side of the field minutes into the 3rd quarter, and of course the smart 4th and 10 call not to punt. And then you had Philbin who punted in every short yardage situation, and then up 3 on 4th and 2 or 3...decides to attempt a field goal. In the NFL the difference between 3 and 6 isn't that big, especially with that much time left on the clock. There is no reason to attempt a field goal. Get aggressive and go for it. And that isn't even taking into account where they were on the field. Trying a 53 yard kick where a miss would put the Panthers on the 43...makes that an absolute atrocious call. Just atrocious.

Should I bother bringing up...the insane prevent defense by the Dolphins with 8 seconds left. They were in hail mary defense with 8 seconds left. That allowed LaFell to catch a short pass and run 30 yards easily putting them in field goal range. Just way too much time to be doing that.

This isn't gloating. It's just bringing up things to combat Daniel's insane claims that all the problems fall on Tannehill. The Panthers were there. It takes a bit of time developing a QB, and coaching has a sh!tload to do with wins and losses in the NFL. The Saints are the perfect example here. And I like to think the Panthers are too. Ron Rivera has finally figured it out. And in this case he realized punting did nothing in that situation with 2:20 left. You don't capitalize on a 4th down, big deal. You try and get a 3-and-out, and you'll be down 6. Still a one score game. If they get a first down, it's over either way, punt or turnover and downs. The difference is if you go for it and miss, a coach most likely plays it conservative and runs it 3 times and takes the points. You punt it and Miami probably realizes that they can't end the game on a 1st down by just running it 3 times. They probably call their best play-action plays with a pass-run option for Tanny.

That's what Rivera learned this year. Don't force a team to do something or they'll do it. Trying to go from 3 to 6 points..you just tell the Panthers exactly what they have to do to win. Miami plays every game to the wire. That's a very good thing. Those games will turn soon.

Tannehill was mic'd up loudly, and I noticed it to that "GO GO" was always a run, and "Go" was a pass. Very strange. It does make defenses go offside quite a bit. And I was wondering why the Panthers were biting on play-action passes after there was a "Go" at the line.

On another note, the Dolphins exposed a lot of the Panthers weaknesses that have been maxed a bit the past few weeks. They can't run the ball at all. All their rushing is done by Cam. And their secondary is susceptible to the big play over and over, if there is no pass rush. Johnson being out hurt big time. It was clear that Miami copied a lot from NE's playbook and what worked last week against the Panthers. Some of it worked, but they don't have the personnel to be as successful.

They changed up the go, go-go call this game.