2013 Miami Dolphins Thread

Daniel

That was fantastic. GREAT win boys!!

Started off horrible, but turned out to be a pretty productive day on both sides of the ball. Alive with a HUGE game @ Pittsburgh next week.

This, a ton of times this.

For all the sh!t that's gone down this year, for us to be in the wild card hunt near the end says a lot to the team's fortitude.  Hopefully we can keep it rolling and rattle off some wins.  I feel a Lamar Miller Breakout game coming soon.

The second to last line there- did I read that correctly?

My thoughts with Tannehill remind me of this exchange from Animal House:

Otter: He can't do that to our pledges.

Boon: Only we can do that to our pledges.

So I'm listening to Francessa, responding to a caller's point that Tannehill is similar statistically to Luck, that Tannehill is only an average QB.  Even though Francessa is more generous with Tannehill than I am here, I still find myself getting infuriated. 

I guess it's the same as CR never passing up on an opportunity to bash Belichik, but attacking a non-Patriots fan for saying he cheated in the Super Bowl against the Rams (or at least I'm pretty sure CR would do that). 

Or maybe I just need an army of shrinks to tell me exactly what's going on. 

So I'm listening to Francessa, responding to a caller's point that Tannehill is similar statistically to Luck, that Tannehill is only an average QB.  Even though Francessa is more generous with Tannehill than I am here, I still find myself getting infuriated. 

I guess it's the same as CR never passing up on an opportunity to bash Belichik, but attacking a non-Patriots fan for saying he cheated in the Super Bowl against the Rams (or at least I'm pretty sure CR would do that). 

Spygate is what it is.  I don't get caught up in it.  Some people don't think it's a big deal, some people do, some people have let it go, some people haven't, some people have said other teams were doing similar things, some say that doesn't make it right. 

As much as I get on him, do I appreciate what he's done for the Patriots (who had some good runs in the past, but never anything sustained)?  Of course.  Do I wonder what would've happened if Bledsoe had never gotten hurt?  (Belichick's head-coaching career had been pretty shaky to that point, though the Browns moving clearly screwed up his last year in Cleveland.)  You bet.   

So I'm listening to Francessa, responding to a caller's point that Tannehill is similar statistically to Luck, that Tannehill is only an average QB. Even though Francessa is more generous with Tannehill than I am here, I still find myself getting infuriated.

Haha I hear ya. Its like you picking on your little sister or brother, but if someone else picks on them, you unleash hell lol. I heard that caller call in to Francesa to defend Tannehill, and I was annoyed at Francesa's flippant attitude towards Tannehill myself. Francesa says 'oh the Jets let Tannehill come in and throw for 300 and he's not even that good'. Really Mike? That's his fourth 300-yard game this year, so I'd say he's doing something right. Its obvious he needs to work on that deep ball, but if he ever gets that down, watch out. The bottom line is Tannehill has progressed to this point from where he was last year, and even from where he was a month ago (notice less fumbles, taking less sacks, and heightened awareness of when to escape and use his legs recently). All this kid needs to do is work on the deep ball accuracy, and his accuracy on some of the touch throws (the one to Clay on the 4th and 1 in the end zone HAS to be hit every time) and we could have something special. But he needs to work on that stuff EVERY DAY this offseason so he can be ready to take the next step in year 3.

Maddog, anywhere fun to go to watch Phins games reasonably close to Short HIlls, since I'll be at my parents' house on Sunday? I guess there's Miami Mike's in East Hanover, but I was there a while ago and remember not loving it.

I don't know of anywhere off the top of my head in the Short Hills area- I have Directv so I haven't been to a bar to watch a Fins game since 2004 lol. Miami Mike's is probably your best bet, unless anyone else has a suggestion or two.

It's not Fin-specific, but Sun Tavern in Roselle Park is a solid football spot.  That's the usual for Crasher and myself. 

Truth...we'll watch anything that's not Giant or Jet related :P

How come NO ONE has mentioned the last pitch that Ben threw went FORWARD.....I was livid and screaming at that when it happened!! Least the football Gods stepped in and he was out of bounds (maybe a lil karma for Tomlin's garbage last week too :P )

Absolutely GINORMOUS HUMONGOUS BIG win!!! Although until I saw Brown had stepped out of bounds, I nearly just keeled over and died. I mean if they actually lost on that my brain would've exploded lol.

At Slatterys I was lying on the floor before they said he went out of bounds.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

How come NO ONE has mentioned the last pitch that Ben threw went FORWARD.....I was livid and screaming at that when it happened!! Least the football Gods stepped in and he was out of bounds (maybe a lil karma for Tomlin's garbage last week too :P )

I'm guessing if Brown hadn't stepped out, they would've reviewed that (they review all scoring plays anyway) and they would've seen the forward lateral by Roethlisberger, but I know I missed it live because I was too busy yelling at anyone in a whit jersey to tackle the guy with the ball. Then when Brown got loose, well, I lost all color in my face and almost puked lol.

According to Mando, Ross told Ireland his job is safe, and also Incognito made his first tweet since he was suspended (tweeted #finsup).

Interesting that this comes on the heels of Wells meeting with Incognito and Martin for the second time each, and after a game was an inch of close to an meltdown of epic proportions. Add to that the season is far from over and could still be a disaster, when Ross would have full cover to clean house.

I'm guessing that Ross sniffs that Martin's story is horsesh!t, and may very well have been told that Wells feels the same. That, and I think the past couple of weeks has convinced Ross he has a franchise QB, which, if you believe that, you have to credit Ireland for drafting him.

Of course, Mando has been wrong before, but this is one you look really stupid being wrong about. We'll see.

According to Mando, Ross told Ireland his job is safe, and also Incognito made his first tweet since he was suspended (tweeted #finsup).

Interesting that this comes on the heels of Wells meeting with Incognito and Martin for the second time each, and after a game was an inch of close to an meltdown of epic proportions. Add to that the season is far from over and could still be a disaster, when Ross would have full cover to clean house.

I'm guessing that Ross sniffs that Martin's story is horsesh!t, and may very well have been told that Wells feels the same. That, and I think the past couple of weeks has convinced Ross he has a franchise QB, which, if you believe that, you have to credit Ireland for drafting him.

Of course, Mando has been wrong before, but this is one you look really stupid being wrong about. We'll see.

Yeah I don't see what's to gain by assuring Ireland his job is safe with 3 games still to go and help needed. Even if Ross intends to bring Ireland back regardless of what happens in those 3 games, there's nothing whatsoever to gain at all by telling that to anyone.

I just watched it. I think the play would have stood.

Knowing they type of breaks we get with officiating, (I still remember that disaster against Pittsburgh in 2010 where we strip-sacked Roethlisberger and recovered the fumble for a TD, only to have it ruled not a fumble upon video review... Cost us big-time that year, fvcking Gene Steratore) it wouldn't have shocked me if it did- which is why I'm so grateful Brown stepped out of bounds. But it was pretty plain to see, to me anyway, that Ben threw that ball forward.

Dungy thinks you guys are going to take the wildcard spot from us. Should be interesting. I was cheering for Pitt on that final play.

Our schedule is certainly easier the remainder of the season, especially since Gronk went down with that injury.

Of course, the Dolphins just can't help themselves but to choke marvelously.

Pats-Dolphins will probably come down to the 4th quarter, at which point, really depends what Brady & Co are able to do...all but 2 of the Pats' games this year were decided by 10 points or less, and I would expect the same this week.  The defense, which is back to getting sliced and diced by Jason Campbell-types, can't be counted on to hold the game when needed, so the guess here is that the Pats will have to put 30+ on the board to have a chance.  Dolphins scored over 30 points for the first time in the 2013 season yesterday, but I'm expecting them to do it again. 

If the Dolphins win, call me crazy, but I think they have a legit shot at the division title...Pats are going to lose in Baltimore, and though I think the Pats SHOULD beat Buffalo at home, if they lose two in a row, I can't rule out a loss there.  It will be tough, bit it COULD happen.  Pats really need to find a way to get this done...at they very least, it should wrap up the #3 seed, and keep them in the hunt for the #2 (Bengals sched is a bitch...at Pitt and Balt at home in two of their remaining three...Balt has to show it can actually win a big road game this year though (1-5 so far), instead of being a home-field wonder).