2013-2014 Season Ticket Renewals

GoArmySports

All STH's prices are going to go up by at least 1.37 percent due to the deal that the team reached with the CIty of Newark.  Mine seem to have gone from $22 to $23.12, so I'm not complaining.  I would love to see the new pricing tiers as I was considering moving lower in the balconies and getting the $24 from this year's pricing plan.

Just renewed and paid in full. Such a beyatch now that my brother won't be fronting the money and allowing me to pay him back but luckily I've been saving up. May just sell my Ranger/Penguins games next season or something, but renewing is pretty much automatic for me anyway so I'll make it work.

My seats went from $24 per game to $26 ($26.18 if you factor in their shipping fees). I honestly don't mind as long as the (closer to) center ice STH in the upper level also see a price increase. And also helps if face value goes up, but I fully expect that.

Here's what I chose (based on '13-'14 being my 6th season):

Value

• $200 F/B Card

Player Events

• Team BBQ
  • Open Practice

Team Events

• Owner's Reception
  • Hockey 101 (potentially forgot to check this one but don't really care)

Experience (top 3)

1. 16-person suite
  2. President's suite (which I won this year)
  3. Ice Cream suite (which I won last year)

Just renewed and paid in full. Such a beyatch now that my brother won't be fronting the money and allowing me to pay him back but luckily I've been saving up. May just sell my Ranger/Penguins games next season or something, but renewing is pretty much automatic for me anyway so I'll make it work.

My seats went from $24 per game to $26 ($26.18 if you factor in their shipping fees). I honestly don't mind as long as the (closer to) center ice STH in the upper level also see a price increase. And also helps if face value goes up, but I fully expect that.

I thought you had the frozen prices lol...I guess that only lasts so long too.

I have to pay 176 bucks more then last years invoice. So my 2 seats went up 2 bucks a game.

Colin, why do you give them the money a month in advance? This stuff has always been one of my biggest pet peeves, they don't need the money from us in April when the season doesn't even start to till September. It's a joke.

Edited by Satans Hockey

Here's what I chose (based on '13-'14 being my 6th season):

Value

• $200 F/B Card

Player Events

• Team BBQ
  • Open Practice

Team Events

• Owner's Reception
  • Hockey 101 (potentially forgot to check this one but don't really care)

Experience (top 3)

1. 16-person suite
  2. President's suite (which I won this year)
  3. Ice Cream suite (which I won last year)

You have tix in the 100s? Just curious. I really wanted to get season tix this year, but with the shortened season and compacted sched, it made it a bit tough for me to find another person or two to purchase a second seat. Next season I should be(fingers crossed) solvent enough to put all my free money towards this, lol. I'm just trying to get an idea of what the cheapest sections are priced at.

I thought you had the frozen prices lol...I guess that only lasts so long too.

No, just had a special price from having been a STH before they made the uppers all one price point. I used to pay $22 but a few years ago they bumped to $24. Now they bump again, but each of my bumps has gone up equal to or less than the bump that face value and other upper STH get. So hopefully both of those groups also see a small bump so that I can maintain my "advantage" (aka ability to compete when reselling)

I have to pay 191 bucks more then last years invoice.

Colin, why do you give them the money a month in advance? This stuff has always been one of my biggest pet peeves, they don't need the money from us in April when the season doesn't even start to till September. It's a joke.

I hope you haven't been paying later and missing out on the early renewal bonuses in previous years. Check this out http://devils.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=87298

In my view, if you don't pay by 3/7 (or relatively soon) then you might as well do they 3-month or 12-month payment plans because you're missing out on your chance to get the early renewal prizes. Paying on 4/5 means you'll miss out on the prizes but still have paid 100% up front. That doesn't really make sense to me. I know I'll be paying and I have the cash so I might as well enter to win some sick prizes. Plus, the sooner you pay, the better your "Experience" prize is (the prizes you rank 1-10). I figure I must be one of the first 100 to have paid in full, so I'm practically guaranteed one of my top 3 Experience prizes.

You have tix in the 100s? Just curious. I really wanted to get season tix this year, but with the shortened season and compacted sched, it made it a bit tough for me to find another person or two to purchase a second seat. Next season I should be(fingers crossed) solvent enough to put all my free money towards this, lol. I'm just trying to get an idea of what the cheapest sections are priced at.

Nope, I'm in the 200's, but I have a special price in 226 because when I got mine in 2008-2009 each section in the upper level was a different price (mine was $22). They've since made all uppers, except the very corners, the same price. So, to help me resell since I'm in the corners and thus most buyers perceive my seats as being lower value than the middle, the team gives me a better price so long as I keep my same seats. If you were to buy seats next to mine, you'd be paying like $31 a piece because all upper level seats are now 1 price point.

So basically, if you go for the upper level, you might as well pick center ice or the attack-side because it's all going to be the same price. That's why I'm pretty much the only remaining STH in 226. But really, the balconies behind Marty's net are cheaper and lower to the ice. So most people choose that over the upper level. I recommend speaking to a rep either over the phone or in person at a game.

I don't think the sooner you pay matters for the experience anymore, or did they bring that part back?

It does.. Here's a link to the page and I've quoted the top part below: http://devils.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=87295

Unique Bonuses

Your priority order for your “Experience” bonuses will be based on the date you renew online or the date your invoice is received via mail. Once you have renewed, fill out your “Value”, “Access” and “Experience” selections.

Edited by Colin226

No, just had a special price from having been a STH before they made the uppers all one price point. I used to pay $22 but a few years ago they bumped to $24. Now they bump again, but each of my bumps has gone up equal to or less than the bump that face value and other upper STH get. So hopefully both of those groups also see a small bump so that I can maintain my "advantage" (aka ability to compete when reselling)

I hope you haven't been paying later and missing out on the early renewal bonuses in previous years. Check this out http://devils.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=87298

In my view, if you don't pay by 3/7 (or relatively soon) then you might as well do they 3-month or 12-month payment plans because you're missing out on your chance to get the early renewal prizes. Paying on 4/5 means you'll miss out on the prizes but still have paid 100% up front. That doesn't really make sense to me. I know I'll be paying and I have the cash so I might as well enter to win some sick prizes. Plus, the sooner you pay, the better your "Experience" prize is (the prizes you rank 1-10). I figure I must be one of the first 100 to have paid in full, so I'm practically guaranteed one of my top 3 Experience prizes.

I read the thing wrong, I thought you just had to renew before the deadline so yeah it makes sense for you.

That being said I always do the monthly plan that they offer that doesn't have any bs financing fee. I know I'm in the miniority but these bonuses mean nothing to me and I'm not interested in any of them so I always opt to not give them my money until I have to. I still believe that the ticket money shouldn't be due until late July.

I really like my current seats but I end up selling almost all the regular season games anyway. HDTV has spoiled me and I'd rather save the money for the playoffs.

I read the thing wrong, I thought you just had to renew before the deadline so yeah it makes sense for you.

That being said I always do the monthly plan that they offer that doesn't have any bs financing fee. I know I'm in the miniority but these bonuses mean nothing to me and I'm not interested in any of them so I always opt to not give them my money until I have to. I still believe that the ticket money shouldn't be due until late July.

I really like my current seats but I end up selling almost all the regular season games anyway. HDTV has spoiled me and I'd rather save the money for the playoffs.

No worries, it's always a little confusing.. Just an FYI - looks like both the 3-month and 12-month plans now have financing fees (of 1% and 2% respectively).. Maybe they are trying to get back some of that 2% they gave STH to leave their money with the team lol

My renewal invoice shows full price for my seats. Shouldn't it show the balance from the money I have left in there from this being a truncated season?

That's a great point. Someone should ask tonight at the game because this would really help me out. I'm assuming that they're having people pay in full for STH renewals and then using credit from the lockout for the playoffs, but that's not really how it should have worked.

My renewal invoice shows full price for my seats. Shouldn't it show the balance from the money I have left in there from this being a truncated season?

You always have to call and make them put it in over the phone when it comes to season tickets, otherwise they just bump it toward the playoff invoice I suppose.  I'm probably just using my credit on the playoffs and not paying a dime for the first two rounds anyway :P

Nope, I'm in the 200's, but I have a special price in 226 because when I got mine in 2008-2009 each section in the upper level was a different price (mine was $22). They've since made all uppers, except the very corners, the same price. So, to help me resell since I'm in the corners and thus most buyers perceive my seats as being lower value than the middle, the team gives me a better price so long as I keep my same seats. If you were to buy seats next to mine, you'd be paying like $31 a piece because all upper level seats are now 1 price point.

So basically, if you go for the upper level, you might as well pick center ice or the attack-side because it's all going to be the same price. That's why I'm pretty much the only remaining STH in 226. But really, the balconies behind Marty's net are cheaper and lower to the ice. So most people choose that over the upper level. I recommend speaking to a rep either over the phone or in person at a game.

I'm not a fan of sitting behind the net, it gives you a weird perspective of the game. The spots to be are always center ice to the attack twice corner, which should be something like 229-233 and then on the other side it's 208-212 up top. My Father has seats in sec 5 and even that is a bit far into the corner for my liking. They're nice seats and a decent value for lower bowl, but you lose so much of what's happening along the boards from the far blue line to the corner.

No worries, it's always a little confusing.. Just an FYI - looks like both the 3-month and 12-month plans now have financing fees (of 1% and 2% respectively).. Maybe they are trying to get back some of that 2% they gave STH to leave their money with the team lol

That's a great point. Someone should ask tonight at the game because this would really help me out. I'm assuming that they're having people pay in full for STH renewals and then using credit from the lockout for the playoffs, but that's not really how it should have worked.

That would/does piss me off. It's not financing, they don't give you the tickets and then you pay. You pay, then they give you the tickets. It's a straight fee applied that they try to soften by making you feel like you are getting something above and beyond having to not pay until just before they send you the product. Ya know, like everything else you've ever bought.

Edited by ATLL765

What a fvcking joke that is. They always had a plan without a financing fee from what I can remember. Looks like I'll be paying on the deadline date in full but I'm going to call and complain about that.

Edited by Satans Hockey

What a fvcking joke that is. They always had a plan without a financing fee from what I can remember. Looks like I'll be paying on the deadline date in full but I'm going to call and complain about that.

Where is the pic of JVB smiling during the kovy press conference when you need it?

You always have to call and make them put it in over the phone when it comes to season tickets, otherwise they just bump it toward the playoff invoice I suppose.  I'm probably just using my credit on the playoffs and not paying a dime for the first two rounds anyway :P

Well, if that's really the deal -- that they money will be applied to the playoffs -- I'm actually fine with that. Just made me a little nervous to see that there's no mention of it anywhere on my account page (as far as I can tell).

If you want the credit applied you have to call as stated already. I did it today and it was taken care of pretty quickly. Not sure I can swing the playoffs with twins on the way so I had them apply the entire credit to the seasons invoice.

Any clue if they can do it after you authorize payment? I'm not really concerned but if we miss the playoffs then they'll have held my money interest free for a year when next season's renewal come up

Any clue if they can do it after you authorize payment? I'm not really concerned but if we miss the playoffs then they'll have held my money interest free for a year when next season's renewal come up

Not 100% sure but from what my rep said it might be a possibility. Great point about what happens if they miss the playoffs. Then the money just sits for another year.