GDT: Moose VS Buffalo (Devils VS Sabres) 3/7/13

Devil Fan

Dude why the hell is Poni on the first line?

Whatever. Please fire this coach after next season. 2.5 seasons will be enough.

Can't get any worse.

Stop the fvcking puck or get the hell off the ice Hedberg.

Every game is a MUST WIN FROM HERE ON OUT!

You want barch or the greek? Kovy better start hitting the back of the net

Tonight would be a hell of a night to break out of this nightmarish slump. I am a bartender in Western, NY and its well known to my patrons that I am a Devils fan....I'd like to avoid the 930ish to 2 am ball busting. More importantly I'd like the Devils to just win a freaking game!

isn't EVERYONE in W NY

Salvador not sitting is absolutely ridiculous. Was such a fvcking mistake to give him the C, glad i was really vocal about it and not on that bandwagon 

i guess so, to me Fayne and Larsson are the only untouchable Ds that we have. It's like open house for scouts "pick wtv you want on our d tnight"

Who did you want as captain?

This team is a god damn mess.

Dude why the hell is Poni on the first line?

Whatever. Please fire this coach after next season. 2.5 seasons will be enough.

Can't get any worse.

Stop the fvcking puck or get the hell off the ice Hedberg.

Every game is a MUST WIN FROM HERE ON OUT!

Ugh, you're the worst. Such a downer, this is what everyone that I really dislike in my section sounds like all game, even during the good stretches of our season.

Edited by DJ Eco

i would have went with 3 A

i know the guys respect Bryce and everything. But how can a team really listen to a guy trying to pump his team between periods in the locker room when they are down 3-0 and quite possibly the 3 goals are his fault?

i mean it must be happening all the time, he may not be a vocal captain, then those captain are "lead by example kinda guy".... well.....

Ugh, you're the worst. Such a downer, this is what everyone that I really dislike in my section sounds like all game, even during the good stretches of our season.

i honestly would've went Kovy/ Zajac or 3A over Sal for sure.  Do you really think Sal was our best option?

I know he's good in the lockeroom, but by giving the C to a player that isn't good, we've put ourselves in an awkward position when we cant sit him for multiple games

Mark it:  Devils will have a 3-0 lead after two and end up losing 4-3...

...in regulation.

[ducks]

P.S.  Let's go Devils?

Edited by NJCroMag

You know -- I'm not saying I know a THING here... I didn't have any obvious favorite - not even Kovalchuk.

but for all the reasons we've come up with for picking Salvadore -- you can make an argument for, and I would have picked, Clarkson.

ESPECIALLY because the guy leading Bryce is gone and the guy leading Clarkson is behind the bench. Sal is mentorless - and the guy meant to mentor him is probably giving him too much leeway. Stevens -- DUDE?  Have you not been following the team these past few years.  I mean watching objectively?  Can ya HELP Sal?  He's NOT you and does NOT need space.  Call Larry -- just cll Larry OK and make him be real with you.  This just  barnie.gif I can't watch this anymore... I just can't...  **sobsob**

Moose hasn't been himself lately but I remember how good he can play. It is important when players, because they all do, go through slumps, to believe in them and make sure they know they are backed. I hope for Moose's sake he plays a hell of a game tonight and New Jersey can score more than 1 goal for him.

So many fans are the "what have you done for me lately?" type of people, and Moose has played well for NJ and been a real team guy since he got here. It seriously pisses me off when people boo him when he is having a tough game(s) just because his jersey doesn't say "Brodeur" on it. Reality check: Brodeur is a future all start that holds records that no one might be able to beat for generations of hockey players. Don't fvcking be surprised when his backup or a young kid doesn't play to his level or step out of a slump as easily as he can. Brodeur is also going to retire soon, so welcome, newer generation NJ fans, to a preview of goalie woes. /rant :soap:

In conclusion, LGD :dizzy:  and Lets Go  :moose: . Anti- :3soow: people can eat dicks. Though I am a fan, shut Ryan Miller's bitch ass up. I'm really disappointed that P. O. S. Kaleta is out on a suspension. 

i would have went with 3 A

i know the guys respect Bryce and everything. But how can a team really listen to a guy trying to pump his team between periods in the locker room when they are down 3-0 and quite possibly the 3 goals are his fault?

i mean it must be happening all the time, he may not be a vocal captain, then those captain are "lead by example kinda guy".... well.....

3A would've definitely been interesting, maybe a great idea actually. At the time, I still had the memories of the playoffs on my mind, and Salvador was most definitely a leader both with his play and intensity. I was unfortunately on the Salvador bandwagon when it came time to appoint the captain. Unfortunately, it wasn't the right move.

Fayne hasn't been that good lately, but Larsson? Him and Greene have been WAY better than sal or tallinder. Don't get that

Fayne hasn't been that good lately cause they keep jerking him in and out of the lineup. And he had the Sal anchor around his neck Tuesday. I really don't get why our most reliable defenseman last year has suddenly fallen out of favor this year - and one of our few under 30s to boot.

Edited by NJDevs4978

3A would've definitely been interesting, maybe a great idea actually. At the time, I still had the memories of the playoffs on my mind, and Salvador was most definitely a leader both with his play and intensity. I was unfortunately on the Salvador bandwagon when it came time to appoint the captain. Unfortunately, it wasn't the right move.

I just didn't get it. Why give the C to a guy who's gone in a couple years, we all know if it's 3, it'll be atrociously ugly.  He's too slow, thus why he and Volch are fine on the PK but awful 5on5.

Fayne hasn't been that good lately cause they keep jerking him in and out of the lineup. And he had the Sal anchor around his neck Tuesday. I really don't get why our most reliable defenseman last year has suddenly fallen out of favor this year - and one of our few under 30s to boot.

He hasn't fallen out of favor.  The Devils just have to get all 8 guys in the lineup.  The only people who haven't been a healthy scratch are Salvador, Zidlicky, and Greene.

Clarkson has the attitude and energy to be a great captain.. But we are, excuse me were a defensive team.. So I usually agree with our captain being a defensivemen.. But who's crazy idea was it to make Bryce our captain.. Overall the decisions made since the Parise exit have blown my mind..

Clarkson has the attitude and energy to be a great captain.. But we are, excuse me were a defensive team.. So I usually agree with our captain being a defensivemen.. But who's crazy idea was it to make Bryce our captain.. Overall the decisions made since the Parise exit have blown my mind..

Usually the players and coaches pick the captain.  While the Devils still stress defense than a lot of other teams in their philosophy, they still have had Parise, Langs and Elias as the previous three captains.  All of our captains have been forwards since the lockout up until this year.  I really do not think the position of the player makes a big difference or any at all.

I understand in hind-sight why people think we should've picked Clarkson as our captain. However, half the people on this board thought his last year's numbers were a fluke, and the other half may have called for him to get traded 2-3 years ago or at some point.

If Lou appointed Clarkson captain, and he doesn't get the points and production during the start of this year that he did, we'd all be arguing that Lou appointed Clarkson captain too impulsively after what was a fluke-ish year. We're seeing right now that everyone's numbers have slowed down to a stand-still. I agree that Salvador has been playing pretty badly, but if anyone but Bernier or Carter were captain right now, he'd be coming under fire during a month like this, especially Kovalchuk or Zajac.

I understand in hind-sight why people think we should've picked Clarkson as our captain. However, half the people on this board thought his last year's numbers were a fluke, and the other half may have called for him to get traded 2-3 years ago or at some point.

If Lou appointed Clarkson captain, and he doesn't get the points and production during the start of this year that he did, we'd all be arguing that Lou appointed Clarkson captain too impulsively after what was a fluke-ish year. We're seeing right now that everyone's numbers have slowed down to a stand-still. I agree that Salvador has been playing pretty badly, but if anyone but Bernier or Carter were captain right now, he'd be coming under fire during a month like this, especially Kovalchuk or Zajac.

Ahhhhh -now that you've put all that thought into rebuking the thought - BUT....I did not say Clarkson should be our Captain... far from it. 

I said that based upon the only criteria we all can collectively come up with for Salvadore's appointment, (aside from not being a defenceman) Clarkson would have been a better choice than Sal.

and the vote of confidence from the Sabres.. <_<

West NY! You wrote West New York, not Upstate!! No one calls

Rochester west NY - unless they are familiar with TRUE upstate NY. I'm

impressed.

and: more snow = more booze. I lived in Bismarck - I know these things :wink2:

Did I write "west" NY? Oops. Might have had my phone correct a typo there....anyway I'd love to blame the snow for drinking but for me personally it tends to be the same wherever I go!

Btw- looks like I said western..lived here for 2 years now, originally from the ADKs. Go Devils. Please win!

Edited by Dev in Roch

He hasn't fallen out of favor. The Devils just have to get all 8 guys in the lineup. The only people who haven't been a healthy scratch are Salvador, Zidlicky, and Greene.

Fayne's 25 years old give or take a year, and he was the top-pairing defenseman for a playoff team. He's not a guy you bench to get everyone else playing time in a short season when playoff hopes are dying on the vine by the day. This 8-D merry go round continues to be ridiculous.

I love the rationale from the staff about getting fresh legs in the lineup, really? Then why haven't your two oldest defensemen sat yet and why is your 39-year old goalie playing five games in one calendar week?