GDT: Moose VS Buffalo (Devils VS Sabres) 3/7/13

Devil Fan

Clarkson has the attitude and energy to be a great captain.. But we are, excuse me were a defensive team.. So I usually agree with our captain being a defensivemen.. But who's crazy idea was it to make Bryce our captain.. Overall the decisions made since the Parise exit have blown my mind..

Decisions such as? All we've done this year is make a couple very small trades, not sign Darche, lose Butler on waivers and claimed Kostopolous. I mean, if you want to blame our bad play on Deboer's coaching decisions, then maybe you have a point, but I don't see the awful decisions that the org has made since July.

@TGfireandice

Larsson said he felt he was playing "good.". "It feels good so far, so it's kind of disappointing (to sit)."

Yea, that sounds like a young kid who just had his confidence shot again. Great job PDB.

He's played fine defensively. Maybe you'd like to see a few more points from him, but I don't get sitting him.

He's played fine defensively. Maybe you'd like to see a few more points from him, but I don't get sitting him.

Larsson doesn't play the PP and he has the fewest O Zone starts of any defenseman in the league. He's fine offensively, just doesnt get a chance to show off his skills. 

Salvador- should be benched, but we know that won't happen because of a certain letter

Zidlicky- whether you like him or not, you cant deny his offensive/PP skill. we saw this vs Toronto

Greene- probably our best overall dman and should stay in 

Larsson doesn't play the PP and he has the fewest O Zone starts of any defenseman in the league. He's fine offensively, just doesnt get a chance to show off his skills. 

Salvador- should be benched, but we know that won't happen because of a certain letter

Zidlicky- whether you like him or not, you cant deny his offensive/PP skill. we saw this vs Toronto

Greene- probably our best overall dman and should stay in 

This. ^^

When I said Clarkson before for captain I am basing on his pure energy.  Forget the goals scored or not scored.. He is always full of energy, not putting up with peoples sh!t.. People look up to that and feed off it, vs the non verbal leader we have now.. We should just paint his face white and call him Salvador the Mime..

@TGfireandice

Larsson said he felt he was playing "good.". "It feels good so far, so it's kind of disappointing (to sit)."

Yea, that sounds like a young kid who just had his confidence shot again. Great job PDB.

exactly.. it doesn't seem like he needs or wants a break.  great.

the guy is arguably our best defensive d man and its not like any other skater has been putting up great numbers, so what is it about Larsson that leads to him getting sat??

LOL, Larssons a big boy he'll get over it. good to hear he's upset.   pair him up with sal or volch and then tell me he's our best D-man, PLEASE, he's not quite there yet. the kids been good but A.Greene has been helping him a bunch.  obviously Sals not getting sat, and its volch's turn out of the doghouse . hopefully volch and sal get 3rd pairing under the excuse of we need more offensive flow.

I've always been a supporter of PDB but sitting Fayne and Larsson tonight is really making me question whether or not I am slowly turning on him. I know they can't sit Salvador because of the C, and I know they have 8 healthy D but seriously, WTF? Fayne gets screwed because Salvador sucks and Larsson who has been playing solid on their most consistent pair gets benched?!

With that said I have a strange feeling the Devils will "luck" their way to a win tonight. But sitting Fayne and Larsson is going to kill them if it becomes a regular thing.

I hope Henrique runs Miller tonight.

I guess this is the reason Harrold is in. He's our savior on the PP......oh boy......

http://www.nj.com/devils/index.ssf/2013/03/devils_changes_on_defense_no_r.html#incart_special-report

Harrold IS actually good on the PP though.  Problem is it doesn't really matter who you put in if you're just going to run the same goofy system with everyone starting on their non-shooting side, and wasting forty seconds circling around to their shooting side.  When they finally ditched the nonsense on the last PP the other night, bang they scored.

Harrold IS actually good on the PP though.  Problem is it doesn't really matter who you put in if you're just going to run the same goofy system with everyone starting on their non-shooting side, and wasting forty seconds circling around to their shooting side.  When they finally ditched the nonsense on the last PP the other night, bang they scored.

They ditched that several games ago and hadn't scored.  And with it, they had one of the best shooting rates in the league.