GDT: Moose VS Buffalo (Devils VS Sabres) 3/7/13

Devil Fan

heatley, 2013 5th to new jersey for tallinder, josefson, urbom, 2013 2nd and 2013 4th' - other teams in mix boston and jets

heatley not making trip to nashville

did u ever think we would have a player signed for 15 seasons???

heatley zajac kovy - make it happen louuu

Did you actually hear that somewhere? Because it sounds like a bit much to be giving up for Heatley and a 5th.

TG:

"DeBoer said he picked Clarkson in shootout because he's been good on it and he thought other teams might not scout his shootout moves."

Interesting, I knew there had to be a specific reason for that

How much do they have to scout?  I think Clarkson has only done the forward to backhand move in any shootout. :lol:

Awesome win. Glad to see the guys didn't let their lack of puck luck and finishing get to them and kept going hard to take the game into OT and then win it. Moose finally came up with the big saves he needed. Hopefully this gives them some momentum and confidence and carries over. Fun one to be at as well. Fans were really into it with every near miss and the excitement when they finally won was pretty awesome.

Hedberg played well.  That's the most important thing.  Offense will come and go (mostly go, it seems).  This wasn't a great game - was worse than the first Buffalo game, I think - but other than Salvador being his usual terrible self, there wasn't much wrong with this one either.

Liked what I saw out of Kostopoulos too - slid right on to that Carter-Gionta line and did not look out of place at all.

Hedberg played well.  That's the most important thing.  Offense will come and go (mostly go, it seems).  This wasn't a great game - was worse than the first Buffalo game, I think - but other than Salvador being his usual terrible self, there wasn't much wrong with this one either.

Liked what I saw out of Kostopoulos too - slid right on to that Carter-Gionta line and did not look out of place at all.

I like Kostopoulos as well. Brought some energy, made a few nice passes, didn't really do anything noticeably bad. Definitely an upgrade to the 4th line.

Also, I just want to say how much I loved that Miller got to come in to take the loss tonight. Just made it that much sweeter. Did anyone else notice that once he came in Henrique was pretty much out there CONSTANTLY? I loved it. He was buzzing as well, thought he was gonna get the winner in OT. Loved seeing Zajac get fired up and getting into it with Ennis as well. Maybe this is just what they needed to get their swagger back a bit.

Also also, Salvador needs to fvcking go. He was literally the ONLY minus player tonight. Unsurprisingly, he's been on the ice for more goals against than anyone on the Devils by a wide margin (31). Kovy is 2nd with 23. That's awful for anyone, but for a captain it's just inexcusable.

One final note, I thought Zids looked really good tonight. Seemed like he was always on the ice and always making things happen. Really seems to have stepped it up lately.

I literally feel like I just had a 100 pound weight lifted off of my chest. Wow. I'll take it lol.

I felt like Boudreau and the Caps in the second episode of 24/7 after they finally broke their eight-game losing streak or whatever the hell it was.

That's actually a great way to describe it Has. I almost danced a jig when Elias scored the shootout winner lol.

Yeahhh that's a lot. 2 picks and 2 top prospects for a player who hasn't been playing up to a big contract? Eh, I feel we'd give up less or get more.

It was also reported by @HockeyInsiderr however I'm not sure how reliable he is. For whatever reason it's now trending all over twitter. Apparently ALSO Heatley said on KFAN FM 100.3 in Minny has said that Heatley has waived his NMC as well. The rumored deal that I've seen pop up is Heatley & 5th to devils for Tallinder, Urbom, 2nd & 4th. JJ would not be apart of this. All that said I don't know if I'd trade Urbom for such a deal...sub Burlon however (who to me is less proven but with the same amount of potential) and I would do it.

Edited by TheMazz

It was also reported by @HockeyInsiderr however I'm not sure how reliable he is. For whatever reason it's now trending all over twitter. Apparently ALSO Heatley said on KFAN FM 100.3 in Minny has said that Heatley has waived his NMC as well. The rumored deal that I've seen pop up is Heatley & 5th to devils for Tallinder, Urbom, 2nd & 4th. JJ would not be apart of this. All that said I don't know if I'd trade Urbom for such a deal...sub Burlon however (who to me is less proven but with the same amount of potential) and I would do it.

If hockeyinsiderr is the source, we won't be seeing Dany Heatley in a Devils jersey. He pretty much got outed as a kid making stuff up. 

If hockeyinsiderr is the source, we won't be seeing Dany Heatley in a Devils jersey. He pretty much got outed as a kid making stuff up. 

Looked around over at HF for any more tidbits on this as possible (since it's gaining steam over there as well)  Apparently it was started before HI reported on it.

These "third party" sources have let us down many times before. I think since it gained ground it should be a wide-speculated rumor. Let's wait until Hadrek, Bobby Mac or Dreger say anything (if anything) about it.

Looked around over at HF for any more tidbits on this as possible (since it's gaining steam over there as well)  Apparently it was started before HI reported on it.

These "third party" sources have let us down many times before. I think since it gained ground it should be a wide-speculated rumor. Let's wait until Hadrek, Bobby Mac or Dreger say anything (if anything) about it.

Yeah, those are the guys I trust. And they seem silent on it. 

Am I the only one who read this thread after the game to laugh at SMT3?

You didn't disappoint, dicknose. Go shove your hands back down your pants and fvck off.

Yeah... these game day threads make the suicidal / homicidal / fire DeBoer people on twitter seem tame. Really turns me off from even wanting to post in the GDT's anymore. Does anyone here just sit back, watch the game, hope for the Devils to win, and analyze it after as well? Probably unhealthy for you guys to go off the deep end every time DeBoer makes a personnel decision you do not like or we get scored on. We're not NHL coaches or GM's for a reason. I understand being critical but damn.

Am I the only one who read this thread after the game to laugh at SMT3?

You didn't disappoint, dicknose. Go shove your hands back down your pants and fvck off.

He thrives when the Devils are losing, contributes nothing when they are winning, pretty sad really.

EDIT: I thought Zidlicky had another really strong game, also loved what Harrold brought, but man he does not like to shoot at all.

Edited by Zubie#8