RUMOR: Devils interested in Dany Heatley?

puckrock

No. Neither of those are the source of this allegeded rumor. It was heard on a sports radio network in Minny. (KFAN) and has slowly snowballed after. But neither this hockeyinsiderr guy or DevilsInsiders are the origin for this. In fact Todd Cordell of HockeyBuzz said through his twitter that while he doesn't put too much into this it was started by originally by KFAN.

I wouldn't trust Todd as a credible source either.

And I accidentally started the Tallinder traded rumor from last night.

Friends of mine from Buffalo texted me saying Rob Ray said on MSG-Buffalo Tal had been pulled from warm-ups as part of a trade... my bad.

I heard it at the game too, but from an older gentleman. 

But back to the issue at hand.  Heatley won't yield that much for the Wild, certainly not Zajac, and probably not much more than a mid-level prospect and mid-round draft pick.  He's likely going to be amnestied next season, so they might as well get something useful for him while the getting is good.

In any event, I wonder if the Wild would take Salvador off our hands.  Buddies with Parise, and he lives around there. 

Holy crap... this is how rumors get out of hand.

The joke was Zajac for Malkin....   but now we are throwing in Zajac for Heatley?     

But now that you mention it... Parise would be good for us. 

I'm hearing Parise is sent packing back to NJ to play with Zajac...   we are sending Sal, Tal, Volch and you guessed it Claude Vilgrain back to Minny.

gallery_186_14_2374.jpg

Holy crap... this is how rumors get out of hand.

The joke was Zajac for Malkin....   but now we are throwing in Zajac for Heatley?     

But now that you mention it... Parise would be good for us. 

I'm hearing Parise is sent packing back to NJ to play with Zajac...   we are sending Sal, Tal, Volch and you guessed it Claude Vilgrain back to Minny.

gallery_186_14_2374.jpg

lol I can only wish that was true.  I still remember the Haitian Sensation after all these years.

This doesn't sounds Lou like to trade for someone who's career is toast like Heatley's. Makes no sense. It has Rolston 2.0 written all over it. I don't care if the guy was best man at Kovy's wedding, I think he sucks. I'd be VERY upset if we trade anything beyond a bag of pucks for something as bad as Heatley.

This doesn't sounds Lou like to trade for someone who's career is toast like Heatley's. Makes no sense. It has Rolston 2.0 written all over it. I don't care if the guy was best man at Kovy's wedding, I think he sucks. I'd be VERY upset if we trade anything beyond a bag of pucks for something as bad as Heatley.

Didn't a lot of people say Zid's career was toast before Lou made the move to get him?  IDK about this trade but if it is for spare parts I do not mind it.  Though giving up the 2nd rounder would be a bummer.

Did anyone actually hear the report on KFAN?

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with a girl who heard this on KFAN at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

Trade the useless turd, Bryce Salvador, and have the Wild hold a mill or two of Heatley's cap hit.

Did anyone actually hear the report on KFAN?

Of course not, because either A: it doesn't exist or B: it's disappeared forever because it's not true.  Part of the joy of reporting radio rumors is that radio stations, imo, tend to be less reputable than print or TV journalists.  The crux of the story is that Heatley is not with his teammates on the plane to Nashville, something which would certainly be out there if it were true, by now.

Trade the useless turd, Bryce Salvador, and have the Wild hold a mill or two of Heatley's cap hit.

With that... does Minny still pay that salary, or do they just the paper hit?       I don't think we are worried about cap hits this year.

Minny is within 1.2mm of the actual cap;   and could add 2.5mm today or 5.3mm at the deadline.

Meanwhile, NJ is 12mm actual cap free, we could add 23mm right now, or 49.5mm at the deadline.  

With that... does Minny still pay that salary, or do they just the paper hit?       I don't think we are worried about cap hits this year.

Minny is within 1.2mm of the actual cap;   and could add 2.5mm today or 5.3mm at the deadline.

Meanwhile, NJ is 12mm actual cap free, we could add 23mm right now, or 49.5mm at the deadline.  

Malkin and Crosby to NJ for Tallinder and Teddy, mark it down. We got the cap space, it could work.

• Like 1

Didn't a lot of people say Zid's career was toast before Lou made the move to get him?  IDK about this trade but if it is for spare parts I do not mind it.  Though giving up the 2nd rounder would be a bummer.

True, but Zid was someone that was said we tried to acquire earlier and had been following somewhat closely. Lemaire had coached him as well, so that helped our decision and Zidlicky as an offensive d-man, brings something to the table no one else does. Heatley doesn't.

We also didn't trade anything worth as much as either Tallinder or Urbom on their own. Foster might actually have been the best piece in that deal. We gave a 2nd, along with Veilleux and Palmieri. Foster and the 2nd are probably the biggest pieces of that trade.

True, but Zid was someone that was said we tried to acquire earlier and had been following somewhat closely. Lemaire had coached him as well, so that helped our decision and Zidlicky as an offensive d-man, brings something to the table no one else does. Heatley doesn't.

We also didn't trade anything worth as much as either Tallinder or Urbom on their own. Foster might actually have been the best piece in that deal. We gave a 2nd, along with Veilleux and Palmieri. Foster and the 2nd are probably the biggest pieces of that trade.

We dont score enough goal... like him or not heatley is a sniper