RUMOR: Devils interested in Dany Heatley?

puckrock

It's not his fairy tale. He didn't originally start the rumor but he did report it along with a few others. None of the big guns yet so it's speculation right now. Although it's picked up MORE traction from yesterday since details....hardcore details of what this proposed deal would most likely include

I've read the sticking point is with the prospect. Minny wants Matteau. If lou gives them Tally/Matteau/1st for Heatley/2nd then his arse needs to go!

It's not his fairy tale. He didn't originally start the rumor but he did report it along with a few others. None of the big guns yet so it's speculation right now. Although it's picked up MORE traction from yesterday since details....hardcore details of what this proposed deal would most likely include

Ok but he's repeating it a lot like all of these other bullsh!t people. Let it die already. It's not even worthy of being deemed speculation. It's a waste of time.

I've read the sticking point is with the prospect. Minny wants Matteau. If lou gives them Tally/Matteau/1st for Heatley/2nd then his arse needs to go!

If it's a first I wouldn't do it. But if it's Tally/Teddy and whatever non first pick then Lou should pull the trigger.

Ok but he's repeating it a lot like all of these other bullsh!t people. Let it die already. It's not even worthy of being deemed speculation. It's a waste of time.

Chill, Yo! We're just having fun there, Buzz Killington!

Only way I'm doing Tally/Matteau/1st is for Heatley and the Gooch.

Chill, Yo! We're just having fun there, Buzz Killington!

Only way I'm doing Tally/Matteau/1st is for Heatley and the Gooch.

I just don't get why anyone would take anything from Єklund (2.3% accurate), HockeyInsiderr, Incarcerated Bob, etc. seriously and then feel the need to spam it all over the board and twitter. It's one thing to discuss hypotheticals for the fun of it, but this keeps popping up with people taking it seriously. I'm not trying to be a dick but if I see one more person post this on twitter I'm going to do a mass unfollow.

I just don't get why anyone would take anything from Єklund (2.3% accurate), HockeyInsiderr, Incarcerated Bob, etc. seriously and then feel the need to spam it all over the board and twitter. It's one thing to discuss hypotheticals for the fun of it, but this keeps popping up with people taking it seriously. I'm not trying to be a dick but if I see one more person post this on twitter I'm going to do a mass unfollow.

By no means im saying that Єklund (2.3% accurate) is totally legit or anything and guys like incarcerated bob or wtv.... But they did broke some news from time to time, people will simply deny or ignore it when they do lol

I get what you're saying, but with the current makeup of the roster, the recent losing streak and Tallinder being out of the lineup any news, rumor or otherwise, is something we'll bite on right now.

By no means im saying that Єklund (2.3% accurate) is totally legit or anything and guys like incarcerated bob or wtv.... But they did broke some news from time to time, people will simply deny or ignore it when they do lol

A lot of these guys, especially Incarcerated Bob, make vague educated guesses so that they can twist their words around later to make it seem like they called something.

Єklund (2.3% accurate) breaks news every so often.  He called Richards to LA after the Carter trade broke.  But the other guys have no sources at all.

A lot of these guys, especially Incarcerated Bob, make vague educated guesses so that they can twist their words around later to make it seem like they called something.

This exactly. Look at some of the crap he pulls at the deadline. Nothing but vague things like "hearing Toronto might make a move." And people eat it up.

I just don't get why anyone would take anything from Єklund (2.3% accurate), HockeyInsiderr, Incarcerated Bob, etc. seriously and then feel the need to spam it all over the board

Fairly certain I put "RUMOR" in the thread title.

It's a discussion board. If you don't want to talk or read about it, then don't click on it.

• Like 1

Fairly certain I put "RUMOR" in the thread title.

It's a discussion board. If you don't want to talk or read about it, then don't click on it.

You weren't the first one to post it on here. Also, obviously I knew not to take it seriously....as should have anyone who read the package that the Devils would be giving up.

Don't tell me how to view the fvcking forum, I was just making sure any new posters who aren't aware of Єklund (2.3% accurate) and other sh!t knew not to take it seriously. Now go disappear off the forum for awhile until another bullsh!t thing comes up to post.

You weren't the first one to post it on here. Also, obviously I knew not to take it seriously....as should have anyone who read the package that the Devils would be giving up.

Don't tell me how to view the fvcking forum, I was just making sure any new posters who aren't aware of Єklund (2.3% accurate) and other sh!t knew not to take it seriously. Now go disappear off the forum for awhile until another bullsh!t thing comes up to post.

Dont tell others what to do? :noclue:

(C&Ping my HF post on this because he holds weight here.)

Tallinder and Tedenby are expendable assets. If Minny would except an offer of just Tallinder and Teddy (or even Urbom) I think that would be worth doing. It's not like Heatley is locked up for a 3-4 year 7.5 million dollar deal. It's only one year so it really won't sting THAT bad. (Especially since the Devils DO have the 9th most amount of cap space in the entire league...or something like that haha)

I'm not too sure what Heaters value is anymore. Would Tallinder + Urbom or Teddy get it done? or does a pick NEED to be added? Trust me...Urbom is a good defensive prospect but will never get any playing time up on the Devils due to our depth at the position. We also have Merrill, Burlon, Gelinas as well. It's expendable parts (and one bad contract for that matter) for a scoring winger that would help us out on the top six but who also has a "bad contract".

Makes sense for both sides as well considering the Wild need D.

Do it Lou.

Dont tell others what to do? :noclue:

But this isn't even a goddamn rumor. Some a$$hole fan made it up and now all these people are consuming it. It wasn't even believable at all. I mean if you are going to create a fake rumor, at least make it believable, put some fvcking effort in.

Sometimes I wonder about all the new members that have come to this forum over the years. I try to be positive but I feel the quality has really gone down the larger this place gets.

But but but you're not Mr. Perfect either. You roasted me last year for saying $40 tickets are not expensive for the NHL playoffs and threatened to leave the forum because it was insensitive to say such things. But lately you have been wishing ill thoughts on Gary Bettman and now you are lambasting people on a rumor thread that pops up all the time on this forum, that's a little insensitive in my opinion, so it goes both ways.

Of course its a BS rumor, of course it was going to be posted here, of course people are going to eat it up. No need to start a hissy fit. You do good work on this forum so I hope you are not going anywhere, even if new users are a little crazy.

Edited by Zubie#8

But but but you're not Mr. Perfect either. You roasted me last year for saying $40 tickets are not expensive for the NHL playoffs and threatened to leave the forum because it was insensitive to say such things. But lately you have been wishing ill thoughts on Gary Bettman and now you are lambasting people on a rumor thread that pops up all the time on this forum, that's a little insensitive in my opinion, so it goes both ways.

Of course its a BS rumor, of course it was going to be posted here, of course people are going to eat it up. No need to start a hissy fit. You do good work on this forum so I hope you are not going anywhere, even if new users are a little crazy.

I said due to my situation (work for sh!tty pay and health of family which has gotten worse and sapped more $, sidenote: thanks god!) I couldn't pay that much for tickets and you and a bunch of others implied I wasn't a real fan. That is where the whole problem started. With all the sh!t I've already been through/seen I wonder why I haven't pulled the trigger on myself yet.

Yeah, if bad sh!t has to happen to people in the world than I wish it happened to corporate snakes like Bettman than my friends who have died. I guess you can say I am a very angry, depressed person.

We need to clarify what is a rumor. To me a rumor is when a credentialed reporter says that they've heard something and there is a link to back it up. Otherwise it's mindless speculation which would be fine if it was created in a proposal thread, not a rumor thread. People throw the word rumor around way too much these days. Sites like mlbtraderumors have perfected this.

ToUhM.gif