Will Lou use any amnesty buyouts?

Jerzey

A new GM....  yeah, that's not short sighted much.

So, seriously -- who woudl you like as our new GM?  Really, I'd like to know.  Everyone who is calling for Lou's head - let's hear who you want to replace him so we can put this all into context.

Go - post who -- go gogogogogogogogogo!!

There's really no need for an amnesty buy out, since the Devils are not going to be a cap team. Plain buyouts of guys kike Hedberg make more sense.

You get two amnesty buyouts over the next two offseasons, unless

1. Lou buys out 3 players over the next 2 offseasons

2. The Devils become a team near the cap floor

Might as well just use the amnesty buyout to clear the cap hit. Especially if it's someone like Volchenkov who would be on the cap for 6 more years after a buy out.

I don't know if you can blame Chris for the failings in Lowell/Albany over the past few seasons.  The Devils don't put anything into their minor league clubs, and clearly view them as simply feeders for the NHL team, when necessary.  I don't think he has much to work with down there by way of money.  Albany has at least been competitive with virtually no offensive talent on that team this season.

That being said, there is no way JVB should just hand him the job when Lou retires (which seems like what is being set up to happen).  The best candidate should get that job, regardless of who it is or where they are coming from.