GDT: Alert: Domestic Violence Showdown Gio VS Gio (Mtl @ NJ). 3/16/13

Devil Fan

In two weeks if they don't progress you might as well change the channel to baseball because it will be all over.

They'll probably be right around where they are right now if they tread water.   The East is awful.   Are the Isles going to finish strong, or two teams from the SE finish in front of us?   If these things don't happen and we do nothing but tread water, we probably still won't miss.

They'll probably be right around where they are right now if they tread water.   The East is awful.   Are the Isles going to finish strong, or two teams from the SE finish in front of us?   If these things don't happen and we do nothing but tread water, we probably still won't miss.

It's entirely plausible that two teams below us could heat up. As Devils fans, we know first hand that teams who appear out of it can make serious runs. The trade deadline is coming up and some teams could as a means to get over the hump. Lou, I don't think he'll do much of anything.

It's entirely plausible that two teams below us could heat up. As Devils fans, we know first hand that teams who appear out of it can make serious runs. The trade deadline is coming up and some teams could as a means to get over the hump. Lou, I don't think he'll do much of anything.

It's also possible injuries eventually catch up to Ottawa, and Toronto keeps up their expected swoon and teams actually fall behind us, in spite of our own issues.  But I'm still expecting the cutoff number to be fairly high, it usually winds up higher than it's projected to be after half the season.  11-8 sounds about right as to what the bare minimum we need to go is.

It's also possible injuries eventually catch up to Ottawa, and Toronto keeps up their expected swoon and teams actually fall behind us, in spite of our own issues.  But I'm still expecting the cutoff number to be fairly high, it usually winds up higher than it's projected to be after half the season.  11-8 sounds about right as to what the bare minimum we need to go is.

I thought 6 over NHL .500 going in.   It may be less in the end.   Right now it's 50/51 points to get in.   Rangers and Isles are both at 50, rounded up.

Having to hear Nordique Nation chants for most of the night made me hate tonight even more. I wish they wouldn't do group sales with these people

I'm actually suprised to hear this. I was at the game last year they attended, surrounded by blue, and I had an absolute blast with them. They're there to chear the home team and show they can support an NHL franchise. I wasn't there last night so I can't fully say they did the same this year but I was happy to join in their chants last year because they were joining in ours supporting the Devils.

When I found out they were visiting this year I was actually a bit upset I didn't know earlier to arrange to make it to the game.

I was amongst the Nordique nation too and they were pretty funny to talk with and to their credit did cheer for the Devils over the Canadiens. Wish they stopped with the wave though lol

The bryce salvador must die guy was getting on everyones nerves. Really wishing your captain death? Come on.

I was amongst the Nordique nation too and they were pretty funny to talk with and to their credit did cheer for the Devils over the Canadiens. Wish they stopped with the wave though lol

The bryce salvador must die guy was getting on everyones nerves. Really wishing your captain death? Come on.

Good to know the idiocy's spreading :rolleyes:

Ok, just wanted to make sure I wasn't the only one that enjoyed them. If I had the choice and knew they were coming I'd actually opt to sit in a section with them. As far as the wave...by the time they started doing it last season I was already a few beers in so it was amusing lol

Edited by Coorslight

Well, Zidlicky cost us at least a point, maybe two. Although, the offense didn't help matters by only scoring one goal (again). I actually thought NJ played a very good game considering this was the third game in four nights. I thought Larsson and Greene did a good job against the Pacioretty line. Just one of those games where the opposing goalie comes up big (again). I do agree with Deboer; it was definitely a gutsy effort considering the fatigue. If we play more games like that, we'll win more than we lose. Unfortunately, it feels like I've been saying that a lot lately

Edited by SMantzas

They didnt play that bad. Thought Price had a tremendous game, his rebound control was incredible.

You and I must have been watching different games. Except for a few minutes here and there when the Devils seemed to suddenly remember they were supposed to be playing a hockey game, this was one of the worst games I've seen them play this season. I'd have a pretty hard time recalling a game where the shot totals were less of a reflection of the game played. From where I was sitting, the Devs were a step slow pretty much all night, had a ridiculously tough time completing a pass, and had VERY few quality shots on goal. If you send soft shots directly at the crest on Price's jersey, he's gonna stop that shot. Every time. He'll take that all night, every night. And he did, last night.

Ok, just wanted to make sure I wasn't the only one that enjoyed them. If I had the choice and knew they were coming I'd actually opt to sit in a section with them. As far as the wave...by the time they started doing it last season I as already a few beers in so it was amusing lol

You're definitely not the only one who enjoys them. A bunch of them were in our section last night, and my wife and I both (separately) told them how much we loved it when they show up.

I'll actually be skipping next years game when I know they are coming. They were beyond annoying to me. I'd rather have those seats filled with Devils fans.

Obviously in the best of all possible worlds it would be great if every seat would be filled with Devils fans, but it's awfully hard for me to see how anybody can complain about a busload of people coming in to cheer their guts out for MY team. I think they rock. Whenever they eventually get a team, I'll be disappointed that's they won't be coming around any more. Edited by Brick Pig

You and I must have been watching different games. Except for a few minutes here and there when the Devils seemed to suddenly remember they were supposed to be playing a hockey game, this was one of the worst games I've seen them play this season. I'd have a pretty hard time recalling a game where the shot totals were less of a reflection of the game played. From where I was sitting, the Devs were a step slow pretty much all night, had a ridiculously tough time completing a pass, and had VERY few quality shots on goal. If you send soft shots directly at the crest on Price's jersey, he's gonna stop that shot. Every time. He'll take that all night, every night. And he did, last night.

You're definitely not the only one who enjoys them. A bunch of them were in our section last night, and my wife and I both (separately) told them how much we loved it when they show up.

Obviously in the best of all possible worlds it would be great if every seat would be filled with Devils fans, but it's awfully hard for me to see how anybody can complain about a busload of people coming in to cheer their guts out for MY team. I think they rock. Whenever they eventually get a team, I'll be disappointed that's they won't be coming around any more.

Must have been a different game then. Devils didnt have a lot of jump but they played the game they wanted to play. They pretty much shutdown Montreal all night except for a few breakdowns. We didnt capitalize on our chances and Price was very strong. His rebound control was perfect. I wasn't mad at all after the game it was just one of those games where both teams were even.

I had no problem with the Nordiques Nation, saw most of them rooting for the Devils... On the flipside, never knew how irritating Habs fans could be, holy jeez... Can't even imagine having to deal with them on a regular basis. They're exactly what you'd expect a gloating French person to be when they're up in a game, and they were like that at 1-0 in the 1st. I could see them being more frustrating and annoying than the Rangers fans we usually deal with if we saw them regularly, which I'm glad we don't... Even the sober ones were as obnoxious and in your face as some of the blackout-drunk Flyers fans are when they're winning.

Edited by DJ Eco

SMantzas, on 17 Mar 2013 - 12:03, said:

Well, Zidlicky cost us at least a point, maybe two. Although, the offense didn't help matters by only scoring one goal (again). I actually thought NJ played a very good game considering this was the third game in four nights. I thought Larsson and Greene did a good job against the Pacioretty line. Just one of those games where the opposing goalie comes up big (again). I do agree with Deboer; it was definitely a gutsy effort considering the fatigue. If we play more games like that, we'll win more than we lose. Unfortunately, it feels like I've been saying that a lot lately

Larsson turned the puck over badly 3 or 4 times in the defensive zone. If you blame Zids for his turnover, because it led to a goal, you can't praise Larsson, who turned it over more, just because his turnovers got saved by the goalie.

Edited by Devils731

Larsson turned the puck over badly 3 or 4 times in the defensive zone. If you blame Zids for his turnover, because it led to a goal, you can't praise Larsson, who turned it over more, just because his turnovers got saved by the goalie.

i never praised Larsson lol if you look at most of my Larsson's related posts im REALLY sceptical that he was worth our 4th pick.