Expect Brodeur to start against the Canes

ZeroGravityFat

Sure we have a snow storm coming, but the sky is parting and the sun is shining over Newark:

Expect Martin Brodeur (back) to participate in at least part of the Devils' practice later this morning.

BREAKING: #Brodeur confirms he will start tomorrow night against #Carolina.

Edited by ZeroGravityFat

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't expect him to PLAY any time soon -- but expect him to practice  start in at the Canes - he'll be hurling some great Quebecois insults form the bench - just you wait!  :uni:

"uhhnnn uhnn uhnn -- osti d'kalisse de pourris! huunh huunnh!"

"pute a cinq cennes!  Oui!  Oui vous, ma jolie jeune fille-homme"

Edited by Pepperkorn

Don't expect him to PLAY any time soon -- but expect him to practice  :uni:

Not even that...expect him to "participate" (exact quote) in the practice.

He may be out there building a fort out of ice shavings or something, for all we know.

hahahah guys guys check out what i made. that's great marty, kinda busy here.

if there is one thing i know about the devils, it's that if a person is day to day, we are fvcked for a month, and if brodeur is going to try out for practice, he's good to go and can even start tomorrow night. 

Edited by ZeroGravityFat

Great news. I would think if he starts practicing today, we're targeting the Florida game Saturday for the return.

Probably an accurate timetable...with someone his age though I still worry about a re-tweak or a setback. That's why I think they've babied him so much to this point. Marty of 10 or even 6-7 years ago probably misses 3-4 games max

Probably an accurate timetable...with someone his age though I still worry about a re-tweak or a setback. That's why I think they've babied him so much to this point. Marty of 10 or even 6-7 years ago probably misses 3-4 games max

Yeah they've been overly cautious, no doubt, and rightfully so. But there's always a chance of a setback with someone Marty's age, especially with the back. We just have to hope for the best.

funny thing is, lately - moose hasn't been the problem.

.926 save% in his last four, no more than two goals allowed in those games.  Crazy to ask any more than that from a 39-year-old who wasn't expected to play nearly as often as he has.

Great that Brodeur may be coming back, but sadly, I'm now viewing this season and next as his farewell tour, where we'll get some memorable games and runs, coupled with some injuries and some tough moments too.  I know he keeps himself in phenomenal shape, no way he could have played for so damned long and for so many games if he didn't, but even the Brodeurs can outrun time for only so long.  Hopefully, he finds a way to win 36 games or more before his deal's up (getting to 700), looks reasonably good doing it, keeps the sad moments to a minimum, then calls it quits.  Then Ranger fans can point out that of the 700 or so wins, 300 of them came by shootout, and in the other 400, Brodeur only faced 12 shots or less per game, because of da trap.   

I know Hedberg looks awful in the shootout, but he's strangely one of the most successful goalies in them.  Maybe his awful technique is such a surprise that shooters choke. :lol:

Yea I've seen those numbers too...just this year, for us...he's looked awful