Devils trade for Matt D'Agostini (STL)

Marshall

From Hockey's Future: "D'Agostini doesn't excel in any one particular facet of the game, but he is always in the middle of the action and seems to make a key contribution and key moments of the game. He uses his speed to find open areas on the ice and create scoring opportunities. He also has good overall vision and anticipation -- he understands what his assignment is before he steps on the ice. D’Agostini plays a very technically sound, smart brand of hockey."

Definitely seems like he fits the mold of a Devils' player

not a fan of throwing picks around for guys that we'll likely let walk in the summer but wtv... Lou has a win now mentality so let's get this done

Hes a RFA, really no risk of him walking if we want to keep him.

Edited by Zubie#8

not a fan of throwing picks around for guys that we'll likely let walk in the summer but wtv... Lou has a win now mentality so let's get this done

What are the chances a 5th rounder even plays an NHL game? And how do you know Lou has no intentions of re-signing him? I'm sick of this "HFBoards" mentality that picks are gold. D'agostini is a legit NHL player who has some offensive ability. Aren't you the one complaining we don't score enough?

Top News

Devils trade the entire 2013 draft to Buffalo in exchange for a conditional outdoor game. More to follow

But seriously, will we have any picks this year?!? Lol

Edit: All picks are for 2015. Sounds good to me

Edited by Colin226

well i watched him play a lot cause he was playing for montreal... he had good moments and bad moments... more bad ones though

And the year after he left he put in 21 goals. But you're so terribly quick on making up your mind on how good a young, developing player is that you'll ignore that nugget of truth.

Great move imo. Very low risk and it's not for any of this year's picks. Hell, it's not even for any of next year's picks haha. Could turn into another steal for us and even if it doesn't, oh well.

Poni-Loktionov-Kovalchuk

Elias-Zajac-Clarkson

Zubrus-Henrique-D'Agostini

Carter-Gio/JJ-Bernier

How sweet is that?

Swap Zubrus with Poni and I like it! Poni destroyed that first line for the last few weeks.

EDIT: I just hope this trade wasnt meant for replacing Poni, hopefully hes healthy soon.

Edited by Zubie#8

Swap Zubrus with Poni and I like it! Poni destroyed that first line for the last few weeks.

EDIT: I just hope this trade wasnt meant for replacing Poni, hopefully hes healthy soon.

He's out on the ice for practice 

Devils just starting to take ice for practice. Alexei Ponikarovsky (lower-body) back on the ice today after missing last night's game.