Florida panthers vs NJ Devils

caron14

If kovy is out for awhile i doubt we score a PP until hes back

Now this is completely overreacting. The PP today didn't score with him on it either. The next few weeks has a good possibility to suck but nothing is certain yet. This will be a good gut check for the devils.

Deboer just said kovy will be out at least a short time per TG and Chere

I hope the devils doctors use their Hollywood Upstairs Medical College degrees to good use on kovy. We need him back ASAP!

I don't think any magic shot's going to fix this one.  You don't need a PHD to tell it was a serious injury with the way he was holding his shoulder.  He led the team in playoff scoring with a bad back, if something's severe enough to knock him out and then have Pete laying the groundwork in the postgame for not having him a while, then forget seeing him till May if we're lucky.

If they hadn't **** the bed so many times this last month, they could at least have a comfortable enough lead on a playoff spot where you could just coast in and hope to get Kovy back sometime in the first round.  Of course this could be a 'months' long injury where it won't matter anyway.

Edited by NJDevs4978

I don't think any magic shot's going to fix this one. You don't need a PHD to tell it was a serious injury with the way he was holding his shoulder. He led the team in playoff scoring with a bad back, if something's severe enough to knock him out then forget seeing him till May if we're lucky.

If they hadn't **** the bed so many times this last month, they could at least have a comfortable enough lead on a playoff spot where you could just coast in and hope to get Kovy back sometime in the first round. Of course this could be a 'months' long injury where it won't matter anyway.

I was just trying to inject some humor in a pretty ba situation lol.

Honestly I think he will be out minimum two weeks but probably closer to four to six.

I was just trying to inject some humor in a pretty ba situation lol.

Honestly I think he will be out minimum two weeks but probably closer to four to six.

At this point I'd sign for 2-4 and pray we get Zubrus back fast enough to where we could at least compensate for a month if Marty can stay out of the rocking chair and stop giving us Moose puckhandling flashbacks :P

Edited by NJDevs4978

Injuries to your best player sometimes gells a team more. Look at Ottawa...

Sad to see kovy get hurt, sucks, but the world isn't over and we still have hockey to be played

This is how I feel. I'm at least willing to wait and see a few games before hitting the panic button.

I know this is off topic but we all root for the same team in the arena lets act like we care for eachother outside of the arena too. Tonight I saw eratic driving by several cars leaving parking lots as I was exiting the arena and I literally saw an old couple who had their young grandchild with them put in serious danger because of stupid teen drivers. A little patience can go a long way. We've already had one tragic accident after a game this year let's all try and prevent another one.

I know this is off topic but we all root for the same team in the arena lets act like we care for eachother outside of the arena too. Tonight I saw eratic driving by several cars leaving parking lots as I was exiting the arena and I literally saw an old couple who had their young grandchild with them put in serious danger because of stupid teen drivers. A little patience can go a long way. We've already had one tragic accident after a game this year let's all try and prevent another one.

"But I need to answer my text!!!"

Injuries to your best player sometimes gells a team more. Look at Ottawa... 

Sad to see kovy get hurt, sucks, but the world isn't over and we still have hockey to be played 

Or the Penguins without Malkin/Letang.  

Thing is, we were bad without Marty and Zubrus so I'm not sure how optomistic I can be if they're without Kovy for even the rest of the regular season.

Or the Penguins without Malkin/Letang.  

Thing is, we were bad without Marty and Zubrus so I'm not sure how optomistic I can be if they're without Kovy for even the rest of the regular season.

Our bad play had a lot to do with who was in net. While we'll suffer offensively we've still got some offense.

Worst day of my life... I went to ottawa this weeked 7 hours of driving having awesome ticket.... And the one i came to see is likely gonna miss the game! I cant tell you how crap i feel. I still hope he an play but i dont like my chance... Hope i can do the warmup anything i just want to see him so badly

Luckily they don't use him right, so it softens the blow.

I'm sure that him shooting 6% at even strength is because he plays at right wing.  he'd be back up around 17% if they used him right.

It won't hurt NJ at even strength that Kovalchuk is out (besides replacing the minutes which won't be easy), but on special teams, those will both suffer.

Edited by Triumph

I'm sure that him shooting 6% at even strength is because he plays at right wing.  he'd be back up around 17% if they used him right.

It won't hurt NJ at even strength that Kovalchuk is out (besides replacing the minutes which won't be easy), but on special teams, those will both suffer.

RW definitely has an effect on his shooting %.   It's going to be a disaster on the kill because unless there was a recent slump, he was running around even.   Which is remarkable with some of the goaltending/defensively play we've gotten.    He's gotten legitmately good at it.

I don't understand why you keep downplaying the importance if playing in your natural position. If you'd seen Kovys interviews after the horror-season from hell and what he said about having to play RW... It truly boggles the mind why anyone would sign one of the best snipers in the world, pay him 9-10 million a year, and then make him play out if position.

I don't understand why you keep downplaying the importance if playing in your natural position. If you'd seen Kovys interviews after the horror-season from hell and what he said about having to play RW... It truly boggles the mind why anyone would sign one of the best snipers in the world, pay him 9-10 million a year, and then make him play out if position.

He has also said quite the opposite after having a good season on RW (ie last year). He encouraged Ovechkin to stick with it early in the season.

Edited by Marshall

Iam also as concerned as anyone else I was there as soon as I saw him go down and not get up i almost sh!t my pants... There's no doubt about it that he is a HUGE part of this team with everything he does ... But we are all fans of the "team" he is just one player on it... We survived (kinda)without Marty for the past month they are not going to just call it quits and throw I'm the towel now because kovy is hurt... They're a team everyone else is going to have to step up and play some better hockey. We shouldn't have to be in a situation to where we lose one guy and the entire season is just screwed over it. As I said I know his importance here (obviously) but geesh let's try to have some faith here fellas... Zubrus where are you... :/

Iam also as concerned as anyone else I was there as soon as I saw him go down and not get up i almost sh!t my pants... There's no doubt about it that he is a HUGE part of this team with everything he does ... But we are all fans of the "team" he is just one player on it... We survived (kinda)without Marty for the past month they are not going to just call it quits and throw I'm the towel now because kovy is hurt... They're a team everyone else is going to have to step up and play some better hockey. We shouldn't have to be in a situation to where we lose one guy and the entire season is just screwed over it. As I said I know his importance here (obviously) but geesh let's try to have some faith here fellas... Zubrus where are you... :/

This team needs 20 more points (16 games left) to be secure and "surviving" like they did (8 points in 13 games) without Marty would most likely mean missing the playoffs.