Merrill

Daniel

Well he ain't getting the bonuses here, that's for sure.  That was sort of an issue with Larsson too till the last minute.  

I don't think they would draft him if they were worried about that kind of stuff. He fell to the 2nd rd for his 'personal reasons', and NJ gave him a chance. That should be worth something to him. Once he makes up his mind on going pro or not (which I assume he will), he should be signed quickly. 

This is standard for pretty much all Devils college prospects, so I'm not worried about it. 

Merrill isn't hitting any bonuses anyway.   The 3 guys drafted in front of Larsson all got paid the same he did.  Landeskog is probably the only one that hit a bonus.   The bonuses ain't there to be hit, they're there to be dead cap space

Larsson would have hit an ice time bonus for sure.  

The fact that one guy did do it fairly recently, and had teams falling over him very publicly like women swooning over The Bachelor on ABC make it more likely that others will choose to go that route imo.  If nobody else does it in the next five years (and as Tri points out, they still have to sign a regular ELC so it'll be a 'few' years before they see real money) then fine, obviously it's not going to become commonplace.

It happened once recently, so unless it doesn't happen again for 5 years, you'll assume it's a trend and not an anomaly? That's an absurd assumption.

Merrill isn't hitting any bonuses anyway. The 3 guys drafted in front of Larsson all got paid the same he did. Landeskog is probably the only one that hit a bonus. The bonuses ain't there to be hit, they're there to be dead cap space

Larsson would have hit an ice time bonus for sure.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Edited by Daniel