Jagr?

SS#4-Life

Thought Jags looked great with the Flyers.. slow, yes, but he's so skilled and very smart. With Patty they would be a huge threat

If it's a trade that makes sense where the Devils don't get raped, it's a no-brain’er. The guys got 24 points in 29 games this season, and 54 points in 73 last year. (so it's not like he's just a product of Dallas)

Do we have a slight advantage based on Nieuwendyk, and the fact that Jagr enjoys the metro-area? -possibly. But Lou was never the type to mortgage the future, and I'd gather there are going to be other teams willing to overpay for JJ.

EDIT: The Devils have shown a propensity for giving seniors a shot, so the "age factor" matters little.. and the fans poking fun were the same ones doing cartwheels when we acquired Arnott, Shanahan, Sykora, etc.

I love these guys, but do the Devils really need to sign them?

..to sign them for a full year? -no. To rent him for 14 games???

Edited by Beezer34

I would prefer this team to get younger rather then older. We are already one of the oldest (if not the oldest) teams in the NHL.

Someone like a Mike Cammalleri would be a great fit on this team. Young, a beast in the playoffs and could actually fit in our top six (or really on any top six.) Also presumably with the Flames going to be active at the deadline he might be easy to get. (Not sure if cheap but I doubt Cammalleri be an expensive option to be had)

Could we trade with Carolina and bring in Rod Brind'Amour?      Get Stevens out there too...    and then turn back the clock to ~1995.

Hold on, I'll post this on B/R and then it will be legit.

'Hot Rod and Great Scott!  Devils deals land time machine'

Edited by aylbert

I would prefer this team to get younger rather then older. We are already one of the oldest (if not the oldest) teams in the NHL.

Someone like a Mike Cammalleri would be a great fit on this team. Young, a beast in the playoffs and could actually fit in our top six (or really on any top six.) Also presumably with the Flames going to be active at the deadline he might be easy to get. (Not sure if cheap but I doubt Cammalleri be an expensive option to be had)

Young? He's 31.