Jussi Jokinen To Be Put on Waivers

TheMazz

I think grabbing jokinen would be a huge move. But what's this Tallinder deal you guys are talking abouy

I think grabbing jokinen would be a huge move. But what's this Tallinder deal you guys are talking about

I think grabbing jokinen would be a huge move. But what's this Tallinder deal you guys are talking about

Good point by @bassmanfloyd: The #NJDevils already have 50 contracts so they'd have to move someone if they wanted to claim Jokinen.

https://twitter.com/ToddCordell/status/316575428804476928

By my count, the #NJDevils have the 16th waiver claim. So half the league will get a stab at Jokinen before they could.

https://twitter.com/ToddCordell/status/316573878463918080

Edited by Coorslight

I think grabbing jokinen would be a huge move. But what's this Tallinder deal you guys are talking abouy

It's just a hypothetical. The consensus by fans to my knowledge has basically been all season that a defenseman should be moved for a forward and Tallinder is the most expendable one we have.

Also the Devils need to waive someone as well? OK then goodbye Barch, Pesonen or Kostopolous

Edited by TheMazz

there's no way we land him, out of 16 teams in front some will pick him up for sure.

In a perfect world...if we DO land him. I'd love to see these lines:

Joki-Lokti-Kovy

Elias-Zajac-Clarkson

Zubrus-Henrique-D'Agostini

Poni-Carter-Bernier

Baby Gio and YaYo would become your extras at center and LW respectively. That depth we would have suddenly becomes unreal.

Edited by TheMazz

Well we could use the shootout help. That's for sure.

Still though a Tallinder + Jokinen deal couldn't have been accomplished? I hope this isn't "sounds too good to be true" situation.

Carolina's looking to shed payroll next year. Taking back Tallinder doesn't help that.

Carolina's looking to shed payroll next year. Taking back Tallinder doesn't help that.

This gives them the cap space to add a contract for next year, though.  Tallinder would be a great fit there, I'd really hate to deal him given that we're currently using 4 guys substantially worse than him.