Iginla officially traded to Pittsburgh

SterioDesign

We all know by now that he was scratched tnight in calgary but they just said on tv they were waiting for the bruins games to end to announce the deal.

Waiting for confirmation now...

We all know by now that he was scratched tnight in calgary but they just said on tv they were waiting for the bruins games to end to announce the deal.

Waiting for confirmation now...

Edit: confirmed per aaronward_nhl

Edited by SterioDesign

@HackswithHaggs: It's Russian prospect Alex Khokhlachev (who B's offered for Brenden Morrow), Matt Bartkowski & a 1st round pick for Iginla. #BruinsTalk

That's a pretty weak return. Best thing is the first, and when trading a player like iggy u need to get roster players. Kholhlachev isn't bad but he isn't a stud and would probably just be a third liner next year. This is why the "here's my list" bs from players is crap. It seems like it completely handcuffs the gms.

That's a pretty weak return. Best thing is the first, and when trading a player like iggy u need to get roster players. Kholhlachev isn't bad but he isn't a stud and would probably just be a third liner next year. This is why the "here's my list" bs from players is crap. It seems like it completely handcuffs the gms.

Apparently the first is conditional and only if he resign in boston

These type of trades build on my respect for Shane Doan. That guy has been with one organization since he entered the NHL and although there have been trade rumors and UFA signings around about him he still chooses to stick with his club instead of anchoring himself to a team that has a good chance of getting him a cup ring.

These type of trades build on my respect for Shane Doan. That guy has been with one organization since he entered the NHL and although there have been trade rumors and UFA signings around about him he still chooses to stick with his club instead of anchoring himself to a team that has a good chance of getting him a cup ring.

It goes both ways though... You work hard all you life to win a cup and iggy gave everything he had to calgary, he deserves a chance at least, im sure he'll retire a flames.

Also kovalchuk kinda did that joining us lol i hope your respect him

Edited by SterioDesign

It goes both ways though... You work hard all you life to win a cup and iggy gave everything he had to calgary, he deserves a chance at least, im sure he'll retire a flames.

Also kovalchuk kinda did that joining us lol i hope your respect him

I'm not criticizing Iginla. He's in the twilight of his career. But it takes a player of strong character to stay with a team that pretty much has zero chance of winning a cup while you're there.

I just hate the whole "list" thing. You wanna leave fine, but let us get the most for when we trade you. Let us explore all options. Don't just says these 5 teams are the only teams ill go to. Yeah he wants to go to a good team but he is a UFA in a few months anyway. These NTC's and no shows to camp etc are getting out of control

I just hate the whole "list" thing. You wanna leave fine, but let us get the most for when we trade you. Let us explore all options. Don't just says these 5 teams are the only teams ill go to. Yeah he wants to go to a good team but he is a UFA in a few months anyway. These NTC's and no shows to camp etc are getting out of control

Yah espacially since those guys are usually going to contender so youll likely get a very low pick

I also think in some sort of indirect way it creates an imbalance of talent since most players always want to go to the same 5 or 6 teams.