Iginla officially traded to Pittsburgh

SterioDesign

wowww cant believe this actually happened.  i consider the bruins to be the favs in the east.

..unless igilna just totally disrupts the team's chemistry and they fall to the bottom... :wink2:

EDIT: fvck, i thought you guys were kidding about him going to the pens... 

now its official on NHL.com too. fuuuuuck!

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=662496&navid=nhl:topheads

Edited by Onddeck

That's a worse return than the one from Boston.

How the hell can the Penguins fit Crosby, Malkin, Letang, Neal, Morrow, and now Iginla under the cap?  Absolute nonsense.

Not their full cap is couting for morrow and iggy... Sigh.... This is terrible

Seems like a solid return for the Flames. They get a 1st in a solid draft, Agostino has been nearly a point-per-game winger for Yale through his junior year and can go to the AHL next year, and Hanowski seems to have had a productive 4 year career for St. Cloud State and will go pro.

It may not seem like enough for a star player like Iginla but Calgary only had 1/4 season of him at age 35 to trade. I think it's solid for both teams.

So Pitt will win the cup and then have to shed all kinds of cap space therefore making them crappy again so they can tank again and score great draft picks. The cycle repeats.

Except not really, not next year at least.  Morrow, Murray and Iginla walk, and they're right back to where they were at the start of this season.  No big UFAs, not next year at least.

And if they implode in the first round again it means nothing.

Unlikely. I think Malkin signs with the Devils after 13-14. Make it happen, Lou!

Kunitz - Crosby - Iginla

Morrow -Malkin - Neal

Strong Bottom 6

Strong Top-4

Relatively strong Goaltending

Give em the damn cup already, fvck.  Playoffs would just be a formality, wow.

I think the only team that could beat Pittsburgh is Chicago.

Just when we try to convince ourselves that Lou made incredible moves picking up players for not much... Shero adds morrow and iginla to a team on a crazy streak even without malkin and leang.... Sigh...

Of course for all we know we could make it farther than them this year, who knows but it seems unlikely

So Pitt will win the cup and then have to shed all kinds of cap space therefore making them crappy again so they can tank again and score great draft picks. The cycle repeats.

Worst comes to worst they will simply traded some players and get good draft picks... Not a bad problem to have