Iginla officially traded to Pittsburgh

SterioDesign

Lou, see if you can move Bryce to the Pens. They seem to want every captain in the NHL and this could be our chance!

There isn't a shot in hell that the rags beat the pens in a series. Look at how they have matched up against each other the last couple seasons including this one. Pens completely dominate the rags. I think it's a systems thing. The rags just don't match up well against the pens. I actually think I the devs are healthy they would challenge the pens. Our system works really well against them.

There isn't a shot in hell that the rags beat the pens in a series. Look at how they have matched up against each other the last couple seasons including this one. Pens completely dominate the rags. I think it's a systems thing. The rags just don't match up well against the pens. I actually think I the devs are healthy they would challenge the pens. Our system works really well against them.

the rangers don't match up well against anyone. They can beat cruddy teams like Ottawa and Washington in 7 games but anyone actually good, they can't bc of their style and lack of possession even if they have as much talent 

Iginla's not what he was 2 years ago.  I mean, playing with Crosby will likely mask that - he won't have to be the Jarome he was in Calgary - but he's definitely over the hill.  It's the luxury you have when you've got a Crosby to be able to stick this kind of player beside him.  Brenden Morrow is definitely less than what he was 2 years ago.  And Douglas Murray is even worse.  I'm not convinced these moves are all that great, but at least Pittsburgh gave up a 1st, at least one 2nd, maybe a 3rd, and three prospects, for the right to get all these guys.

Still, I can't believe Calgary didn't get one of Pittsburgh's bigger prospects.  I know he's a rental with an NTC and maybe teams have noticed he's no longer Jarome F-ing Iginla but you've got to do better than 2 dudes who project to be 3rd liners and a 1st round pick.

EDIT:  Yeah, Hanowski can go UFA, but he has to wait until August 15th to do so.  That's very dangerous for a player not guaranteed an NHL contract.

Edited by Triumph

Apparently one of the prospects Calgary got (Hankowski) can go UFA after this season so Calgary's incompetence is just astounding

What do you expect from an organization that nearly gave up draft picks for the ability to lose O'Reilly on waivers? How Feaster still has a job is beyond me.

I am absolutely astounded by the fact that Calgary couldn't get one of the top 5 prospects from the Pens in this deal. 

After seeing this, maybe Uncle Lou can pry Camalleri or Tanguay away at the deadline for some smelling salts, an old wooden Koho from 1992, and a Red Alert T-shirt from the 2009 playoffs (size XXXL of course). 

I am absolutely astounded by the fact that Calgary couldn't get one of the top 5 prospects from the Pens in this deal. 

After seeing this, maybe Uncle Lou can pry Camalleri or Tanguay away at the deadline for some smelling salts, an old wooden Koho from 1992, and a Red Alert T-shirt from the 2009 playoffs (size XXXL of course). 

i HUGE no to Cammalleri, HUUUUUUUGGGGEEEEE NO

Wow, love the Pittsburgh depth.   They are going to be very tough to beat.

Looks like the Calgary firesale has begun. Why do I have a feeling J Bo is coming to Philly?

I hope so, that will knock Philly out of the playoffs for the duration of his contract.  Because he sucks so bad.

Edited by MantaRay

This made me laugh out loud...thank you.  Pretty sure that is Lou's first position in every trade proposal conversation.  Next deal sweetener are the WHITE OUT t-shirts from the late 90's, still size XXXL.