All trade deadline talks & rumours

SterioDesign

Sabres' PominFAIL provides a list of teams he's willing to be traded to

Just to elaborate, Pominville was actually asked to provide a list of 6-8 teams he does NOT want to go to. If we're not in that list of teams he's scared of (can't imagine why we would be), we're fair game. I would imagine Islanders, Calgary, Phoenix, etc., calibur teams might be on that list?

I expect Lou to stand pat on Wednesday without making any moves. And he'd probably be right in doing so. All we need at this point is for our players to remain healthy. That's been enough of a struggle this year!

blaming injuries is an excuse, the only fair injury excuse we have is Brodeur and because Moose played beyond terrible. Some teams have lost bigger parts than we did and were still winning.

if youre losing game cause you lose zubrus, its a clear statement that you have no depth.

blaming injuries is an excuse, the only fair injury excuse we have is Brodeur and because Moose played beyond terrible. Some teams have lost bigger parts than we did and were still winning.

if youre losing game cause you lose zubrus, its a clear statement that you have no depth.

We have no forward depth and, more importantly, no ability to sustain an injury to a top 6 forward without seeing a significant drop off in our scoring output.  This was blatantly apparent once Parise left and nobody (Semin) was brought in to try and replace his production.  Getting Loktionov has helped, but the fact that they have gotten nothing out of Josefson and Tedenby this year is killer.

Throw everything and go in for Bug Joe T! I guess that only happens in NHL13.

Byfuglien I'm hearing may be a trade chip. He can play D and play forward.

id fvcking love Big Buff in NJ, fvcking love it

It would be awesome to get Big Buff, he'd instantly become a fan favorite, and he'd be a pretty good fit. I can't see Winnipeg moving him until the offseason though, no way they trade him with a shot at the playoffs/division.

I would like to see Tallinder + Clarkson moved, but that won't happen with Lou as GM. Those 2 could defeintly bring back some higher picks. To be quite honest I want Clarkson back at nothing higher than 3M. He is way too streaky and ineffective at times to make anything more.

For next year I would like the framework of the roster to be like this. And trading these 2 doesn't mean we can't make the playoffs this year and compete. I mean its not like Clarkson is playing crazy but other GMs will pay for his services.

Trade Tallinder for a 2nd + 5th and Clarkson for a 1st + 6th. Regher, Leopold, and Jay Bo have been getting big returns.

Who do we honestly believe is expendable?  Aside from the simple EVERYONE is expendable for the right offer.  That "for the right offer" is a pretty big caveat :evil: with Lou.

Clarkson isn't expendable - maybe he's being asked to play above his actual role - if he falls flat now and again that does not make him expendable.  Do you see how it creates a hole trying to fill a hole?  Lou does not do that until there are additional complications justifying the move.  Anyone know any rumors about Clarkson's locker room behavior that would justify moving him?  I've heard nothing, so don't expect him to be moved. Someone will have to ask for him and over-pay substantially.  He is not on the block.

As an outside GM I'd want Fayne.  I'd want Tallinder.  I'd want Bernier.  You wouldn't give me Henrique. i don't want Zajac because he's probably redundant or a luxury item on most teams that can afford the acquisition (have the spare parts and $$).  I don't see the obvious trade -- but I bet someone can here.

It's hard to read through these threads for the real ideas. :evil:  I don't believe in day dreaming.. but understand something's gotta get you through.