All trade deadline talks & rumours

SterioDesign

. You laugh- you just know this a$$hole will score his first goal of the season against us. You can book that sh!t.

He'd have to not score for another three weeks.  He'll probably wind up scoring one of the Pittsburgh games as they finally beat those clowns without Crosby :rolleyes:

Edited by NJDevs4978

Sucks that's he's on the Rangers 'cause I actually like Clowe a lot. He has had no puck luck this year - check out the amount of shots on goal he's responsible for. He'll score some goals for the Rangers, without question... and he can be a real beast in the playoffs. Kinda like Zubrus level but with more offensive touch around the net.

I'm hoping the Devils can sign him as a UFA this summer when they let Poni walk. He'd be a serious upgrade.

Edited by insanity_gallops

Will be very interesting to see what Carolina does.  Next year they have $6 million in cap space with only 17 players signed.  Even assuming Ryan Murphy is on the team next year, he's a little above the average cap hit for one of the five players they need to fill the roster. 

I look at the roster, and they'll have to dump at least one quality player, either in a trade or by amensty, to have enough cap breathing space next year.  Perhaps some quality for quantity move. 

EDIT:  Vancouver is going to be in a world of pain next year.  $1.37 million in cap space with seven unfilled roster spots.

Edited by Daniel

When is the last time deadline day actually lived up to the hype? Heck Kovy was traded a month before the deadline.

2008 - Hossa, Campbell, Huet, Federov, B. Richards, Salvador, Stuart, Foote.  And while Kovalchuk was moved a month before the deadline, it was really only a week and a half in actual NHL time.

The idea of running a deadline show is pretty stupid, but people will complain about how boring they are and watch them anyway.

i think the good plan is to wait for the summer, some good teams will have to make sacrifices and have to let good UFA's go maybe so then its time to make them offers

They literally just used that logic while talking about the Senators on TSN

I really want something to happen with us today. IDK what but something to say, "we need a change to spark our team"

Edited by jagknife

Or ya stole it from them :thumbsup:

hey, we need some drama on here today, right? haha

I just read somewhere that Kovy has declared that he wish he was a Ranger... he would have receive better medical treatment...

alala...

i think the good plan is to wait for the summer, some good teams will have to make sacrifices and have to let good UFA's go maybe so then its time to make them offers

It's a tough call.  The closer it gets to the time you have to get under the cap (opening of training camp?), the more desperate a team is to dump salary, and, the lower the return.  If we assume that the Canucks have to get rid of Luongo one way or the other, they would probably get the most out of him by trading him sooner rather than later.

I guess you could look at the flip side though, in that a bad team will not be desperate to make a move now, but might become more interested in the off season, which will increase the number of buyers.  An example would be Tampa as a possible destination for Luongo.

I'm disapointed in the Clowe return. I expected more. As Tri says earlier 2nd round picks aren't worth that much. The trade was clearly about dumping a player only.

Clowe scouting report: Takes stupid penalties. Hes pressing as a UFA and is not meshing with the team. He's also been very unlucky as he has no goals despite near 50 shots. I wouldn't be surprised to see him suddenly become effective in NY but he'll never recreate his lofty point totals from 2 or 3 years ago. Think Brandon Prust.