All trade deadline talks & rumours

SterioDesign

'I have to admit it's comical that Pominville and freaking Martin Erat went for king's ransom prices while Gaborik basically fetches back a dissapointing center and an injured forward (Dorsett isn't even playing this year) as the centerpieces.

The question is this: are Ranger fans mad about this trade, or are they doing their typical spin job about how awesome the guys they got back are?

what do you mean Dorsett isnt even playing this year? he's averaging around 17min a game and played 24 games?

he's supposedly out for the year, he hasn't played since March 3.  He's actually better than I thought (I confused him with Jared Boll, who is awful).

Tedenby's not coming back, but this idea that you can have too many players post-trade deadline is absurd.  The Devils a week ago played Tim Sestito and Stephen Gionta as their 3rd and 4th line centers.  Now we pick up one guy and we've got too many forwards?  Depth is critical, and the Devils don't have it at the minor league level.  Kostopoulos can fill in on a 3rd line in a pinch, but he shouldn't go anywhere near the top 2.  

As for the D, I can think of at least 4 years in the last 10 where the Devils rolled with 8 D, and another (last year) where they had 7 + a guy who was injured and returned for the playoffs.

Relax dude.  My point was, with a roster limit of 23, and an ability to dress only 20 per night (including the 2 goalies), how can you have 17 forwards and 8 D?  That's why I don't see Teddy and Josefson coming back up, barring someone else getting sent down and/or released.    

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMsrE-9CLFg

:thumbsup:

The question is this: are Ranger fans mad about this trade, or are they doing their typical spin job about how awesome the guys they got back are?

Oh they mad. Read a few pages of the thread on hfboards, it's worth it.

Not to mention that one Ranger board poster thought they could get Zetterberg for Gaborik and Del Zotto.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

And that's all you had to say...rather than your self righteous tirade about an opinion that I didn't even have.

You claimed the Devils had too many forwards.  You never made any mention of where you thought any might go, or that you thought that the roster was 23 players.  How am I supposed to know you don't know that?

But, on a slightly different topic, I feel quite bad for Luongo.  The guy just wants to play, seems to value pride over money.  Gave a great and kinda sad presser today.

"My contract sucks, I'd scrap it if I could"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jB_ogtIzLkY

I hope he gets bought out and gets a chance to play somewhere.

Edited by Devilsfan118

You claimed the Devils had too many forwards.  You never made any mention of where you thought any might go, or that you thought that the roster was 23 players.  How am I supposed to know you don't know that?

I am going to end it with this...I was commenting on proposed lines of another poster and stated that we had 5 lines without counting 2 players that he had left out.  I then said I didn't think Teddy and Josefson would be called back up because of the # of F's we currently have (not knowing the roster limit can exceed 23 after the deadline). 

If you don't think that's too many forwards, even without a roster limit, that's fine.  It's your opinion, but it doesn't automatically make my statement "absurd."  The reason people jump down your throat all the time is the absolute air of superiority you seem to feel you have when communicating your opinion.   

But, on a slightly different topic, I feel quite bad for Luongo.  The guy just wants to play, seems to value pride over money.  Gave a great and kinda sad presser today.

"My contract sucks, I'd scrap it if I could"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jB_ogtIzLkY

I hope he gets bought out and gets a chance to play somewhere.

My heart goes out to him ...and that remaining 47 million or whatever it is he is gonna make.  Not sure how he gets out of bed in the morning.

I'm disapointed in the Clowe return. I expected more. As Tri says earlier 2nd round picks aren't worth that much. The trade was clearly about dumping a player only.

Clowe scouting report: Takes stupid penalties. Hes pressing as a UFA and is not meshing with the team. He's also been very unlucky as he has no goals despite near 50 shots. I wouldn't be surprised to see him suddenly become effective in NY but he'll never recreate his lofty point totals from 2 or 3 years ago. Think Brandon Prust.

Clowe, 3 points already(1 goal 2 assists) in the first 12 minutes of the PENS vs RAGS game tonight.

Let me just recap.... Rangers traded dubinsky + anisimov + erixon + 1st for Nash... Then traded Gaborik for brassard + dorsett + moore + 6th.... Dubinsky > dorsett, anisomov > brassard, erixon > moore... 1st > 6th.... So they traded their depth to get a top scorer... Struggle with their depth and then traded their 2nd best scorers to get worst depth than they had... They could have just fired Tortz and they would have been fine

Clowe now has a goal and three assists.  Brassard also has a goal.  Rangers have a lot of energy tonight from the new guys.

Let me just recap.... Rangers traded dubinsky + anisimov + erixon + 1st for Nash... Then traded Gaborik for brassard + dorsett + moore + 6th.... Dubinsky > dorsett, anisomov > brassard, erixon > moore... 1st > 6th.... So they traded their depth to get a top scorer... Struggle with their depth and then traded their 2nd best scorers to get worst depth than they had... They could have just fired Tortz and they would have been fine

Keep this handy when they end up firing Torts.

Sather must have dirt on people.

I am going to end it with this...I was commenting on proposed lines of another poster and stated that we had 5 lines without counting 2 players that he had left out.  I then said I didn't think Teddy and Josefson would be called back up because of the # of F's we currently have (not knowing the roster limit can exceed 23 after the deadline). 

If you don't think that's too many forwards, even without a roster limit, that's fine.  It's your opinion, but it doesn't automatically make my statement "absurd."  The reason people jump down your throat all the time is the absolute air of superiority you seem to feel you have when communicating your opinion.   

You didn't know the rule, you didn't mention the normal rule in the post so that I didn't know what you were talking about, and now I'm the one who has the problem.  Gotcha.  

I'm tired of being told what my problem is. I figured you knew that rule, and I was wrong.  Mea culpa on that.

I'm tired of being told what my problem is. I figured you knew that rule, and I was wrong.  Mea culpa on that.

At the risk of repeating myself and im saying this absolutely peacefully i swear....

But if you keep on getting called out on a specific matter and that youre tired of being told what your problem is..........

Wellllll maybe its time to look yourself in a mirror and change it....

I repeat, this is a peaceful message for the sake of everyones involved in those useless fights fueld by that specific matter.

At the risk of repeating myself and im saying this absolutely peacefully i swear....

But if you keep on getting called out on a specific matter and that youre tired of being told what your problem is..........

I repeat, this is a peaceful message for the sake of everyones involved in those useless fights fueld by that specific matter.

You should try out your own advice. I say this absolutely peacefully, I swear.

No, look.  Chuck made a post.  I responded, perhaps too brusquely, but there it is.  He defended his point.  I explained to him that he didn't know a rule and that's why he was confused about what Lou was doing - everything's cool.  Then he got all bent out of shape and called me self-righteous.  He could've just left it there.  But he, like everyone else now, feels compelled to lecture me.

I'm not changing.  If DM wants to throw me off the board, fine, I'll go.  I like this board and the posters on it and I think there's a lot of hockey knowledge and passion here.  There are people who I've disagreed with for years.  One day you'll understand that you're a lot like me in this respect and that's why we fight.