All trade deadline talks & rumours

SterioDesign

I sense a trolling attempt a lot more than someone really trying to help here. Lol

Not trolling, just (a bit snarkily) pointing out that you rub a lot of people the wrong way similar to how Triumph does, so maybe you're not the best person to be condescendingly lecturing others about how to act around here.

But I shouldn't have said anything because I really have no involvement in this argument. Carry on.

No, look.  Chuck made a post.  I responded, perhaps too brusquely, but there it is.  He defended his point.  I explained to him that he didn't know a rule and that's why he was confused about what Lou was doing - everything's cool.  Then he got all bent out of shape and called me self-righteous.  He could've just left it there.  But he, like everyone else now, feels compelled to lecture me.

I'm not changing.  If DM wants to throw me off the board, fine, I'll go.  I like this board and the posters on it and I think there's a lot of hockey knowledge and passion here.  There are people who I've disagreed with for years.  One day you'll understand that you're a lot like me in this respect and that's why we fight.

Well i understand the situation that happened of course and its not about fighting for your own opinion like you said im the same way im gonna fight hard to make my point. I'd never tell you or suggest (or to anyone by that matter) to stop being opiniated and argue to prove a point... With you its about the attitude and arrogance that youre doing it with. You can bring the same points and knowledge without being arrogant and trying to make the other guy feels like a retard every time. Just my 2 cents

Not trolling, just (a bit snarkily) pointing out that you rub a lot of people the wrong way similar to how Triumph does, so maybe you're not the best person to be condescendingly lecturing others about how to act around here.

But I shouldn't have said anything because I really have no involvement in this argument. Carry on.

Well i can totally agree that i can piss people off with some of my arguments that im throwing here and there but my arguments are pissing people off, its never about my way of interacting with others as if im disrespecting others.

Well i can totally agree that i can piss people off with some of my arguments that im throwing here and there but my arguments are pissing people off, its never about my way of interacting with others as if im disrespecting others.

I don't think you (or Triumph for that matter) go around with ill-intentions but there have definitely been times where you came off that way. We all come off a bit harsher than we mean to sometimes because we're all passionate about hockey. That's part of what keeps the forum interesting. But the repeated arguments that tend to revolve around the same people get old, and I think we all know who those people are. Like Triumph said, DM can kick out anybody who crosses the line, and I think we should leave it to him to decide if that's the case with anybody. All the "you should change the way you post" talk is a bunch of crock, coming from either side.

Anyway I'm sorry for further derailing the thread when I said I wouldn't. I am trying to think of something on-topic to say but now that the deadline is over, most of the trade discussion had died down anyway. I guess what I can say is that seeing all the Rangers' new players scoring tonight made me want to puke.

Quite frankly, I just don't understand why the hell CBJ would make that trade.  Unless they are planning on turning Gaborik into another package later.  It's not like they were a player away from anything.  Just stupid.

Quite frankly, I just don't understand why the hell CBJ would make that trade.  Unless they are planning on turning Gaborik into another package later.  It's not like they were a player away from anything.  Just stupid.

A few playoff games would give them some good revenue for a change. Maybe they think Gaborik can help them make the postseason.

CBJ were doing good without this trade, they got their #1 starter with Bob, they are rising and if Gaborik can play with confidence he can make a much better impact for them.

Zubie- There in the race without Gaborik and they have and always had a strong fan base for a lower level team.

Edited by CarterforPresident

A few playoff games would give them some good revenue for a change. Maybe they think Gaborik can help them make the postseason.

Just think its risky on their part... The players they gave were all underachieving but they were all fairly young and could have turned the corner eventually... If gaborik goes down they have lots a lot...

But gaborik is a star player and the organization needed that too since nash is gone, they needed that to sell the game.

When was the last time Columbus had increased revenue from the playoffs, 2008?....it would be nice for the franchise to make the playoffs so thats why they made a big splash. Gaborik might be rejuvenated going to CLB and he has some familiar faces over there. Lets see what happens, I am rooting for them.

Edited by Zubie#8

When was the last time Columbus had increased revenue from the playoffs, 2008?....it would be nice for the franchise to make the playoffs so thats why they made a big splash. Gaborik might be rejuvenated going to CLB and he has some familiar faces over there. Lets see what happens.

Talking a fan base, for at team that isn't so threatening they have a dam good fan base. Like Minnesota, not a real winning team but a huge fan base no matter what . Their a hockey city. Or say the Cleveland Browns of football they suck yet they have one of the BIGGEST fan bases in the nfl ultimately. Winning isn't everything for a fan base, Anaheim seems to struggle yet their a powerhouse, Dallas been one of the worst, they've had a jump this year more then any other teams(Jagr?).

They lost eighteen million in operating income last year, they only broke even two times. Their team value went down every year in the last four seasons. Their debt value is at 70%. Its not all hunky dory their. Making the playoffs would be nice for them.

Edited by Zubie#8

They lost eighteen million in operating income last year, they only broke even two times. Their team value went down every year in the last four seasons. Making the playoffs would be nice for them.

Point is everyone benefits from playoffs, their fans deserve it, they look extremely bright but they have one of the better fan bases in the league. and I just saw something saying the team is for sale? Is true?

Edited by CarterforPresident

Point is everyone benefits from playoffs, their fans deserve it, they look extremely bright but they have one of the better fan bases in the league. and I just saw something saying the team is for sale? Is true?

I dont think they are looking to sell the team but they are in a bad spot. The only thing saving them is a long lease with the city of Columbus. But the Jackets are losing over ten million a season from operating income so a push to the playoffs would be good for them.

Edited by Zubie#8

I dont think they are looking to sell the team but they are in a bad spot. The only thing saving them is a long lease with the city of Columbus. But the Jackets are losing over ten million a season from operating income so a push to the playoffs would be good for them.

Yeah I saw that, the team said theirs 0 merit to that claim. I know their losing money but my point is they have a pretty big fan base as it stands now. They don't really even own their stadium and that hurts them in money, they don't make anything in parking or naming rights, Nationwide owns 90% that building.

Yeah I saw that, the team said theirs 0 merit to that claim. I know their losing money but my point is they have a pretty big fan base as it stands now. They don't really even own their stadium and that hurts them in money, they don't make anything in parking or naming rights, Nationwide owns 90% that building.

They only average 75-80% in attendance for the past 3 seasons :noclue:  add that to cheap tickets. Its not a good situation.

Edited by Zubie#8

They only average 75-80% in attendance for the past 3 seasons :noclue:  add that to cheap tickets. Its not a good situation.

Take that over Dallas or Florida, I believe you and understand you. Im just saying I believe the fact they actually have a pretty good fan base is why they are still their instead of being "relocated" like Atlanta. Their able to stand on their own. And right now Columbus has a pretty great team I hope every thing great for them.