A Haven for Positivity

Zubie#8

Although the Devils just endured two crushing defeats they still managed to get 2 points, and a total of 3 points in 3 games after losing Kovalchuk. All easily could have been wins. They have a small cushion on 9th place which can turn into a bigger cushion with a win on Monday. This team is playing ok hockey right now. Its expected, they are a bubble team especially with guys like Kovalchuk and Zubrus injured. The constant rotation of the defensemen does not help either. BUT if this team gets into the playoffs with a healthy roster then anything can happen. I still believe they have another level to their game where they can easily roll 4 strong lines. I look forward to that day, but as of now keep collecting those points.

Edited by Zubie#8

Although the Devils just endured two crushing defeats they still managed to get 2 points, and a total of 3 points in 3 games after losing Kovalchuk. All easily could have been wins. They have a small cushion on 9th place which can turn into a bigger cushion with a win on Monday. This team is playing ok hockey right now. Its expected, they are a bubble team especially with guys like Kovalchuk and Zubrus injured. The constant rotation of the defensemen does not help either. BUT if this team gets into the playoffs with a healthy roster then anything can happen. I still believe they have another level to their game where they can easily roll 4 strong lines. I look forward to that day, but as of now keep collecting those points.

Yeah I'm with you. You can't blame people for being aggrivated that we were seconds away from securing two additional points in a heated race. Eventually, teams behind us are gonna start winning or we may even see new challengers like Washington or Buffalo emerge. The injury bug has hurt us a lot and I think Lou's unwillingness to trade an extra dman is catching up. Too often, players like Fayne or Tallinder are sitting out too long and I'm sure being benched is in the back of Larsson's mind if he makes a mistake. 

It's a lousy conference, and we're a mediocre team. The good news is I think we have a higher upside than other mediocre teams, especially if we ever get healthy.

Luckily missed the last 3 games, so I couldn't be calmer. I was following all games on my phone and last night saw it was 2-1 with three minutes left. I waited ten minutes and said to my friends I have no doubt it is 2-2 now...and there it was.  

Things could be a lot worse, but I still have been a fan of this team for some reason. If the Devils miss the playoffs, there are a ton of points that were blown that anyone can look back on, which will really suck. But right now, they are in 7th, and I feel quite happy about that. 

Not buying it. Losing to the Lightning in the shootout is one thing, and those breakdowns happen from time to time. But being out shot by the worst team in the league? How about no. Awful. These are points we can't afford to let slip away and yet it keeps on happening.

Florida is doing fine shots-wise (51.6% FenClose, 52% Fenwick Tied), their problem all year has been their goaltending.  Which, if Markstrom is decent, becomes a non-problem.

As to the original point, of course.  It could've been way worse had the Devils actually gotten 0 points out of both games, but they managed 2.  Easy to say it could have been 4.  

Edited by Triumph

Just concerned that if we couldnt manage to get two points from either of the florida teams.. Whats going to happen when we play the better teams now this month.. It wouldve just given us a little more security for a loss to a better team later in the month if we couldve gotten the other two points that we shouldve had.. Not a good sign