Sean Avery's Recent Tweet

grcenter47

i wonder if there is any truth to his tweet though... i wonder if players really do not like playing for him

Would you? Lol

You fvck up or youre a dynamic scorer who played wide open all ur life and then a guy is asking you to block shots all game and grind the boards and if you dont it well enough hes benching your and throwing you under the bus and calling you names in his post game interview.

How great does that sound

Would you? Lol

You fvck up or youre a dynamic scorer who played wide open all ur life and then a guy is asking you to block shots all game and grind the boards and if you dont it well enough hes benching your and throwing you under the bus and calling you names in his post game interview.

How great does that sound

i don't remember but did he have problems like this when he was coaching in tampa?

There is probably truth in the tweet, but this is a bitter, hollow man crying for attention and wanting "revenge" on the "guy who ended his career"....the difference in Avery and Torts is if Torts is fired he'll be coaching again within a year....Avery's just an afterthought in the NHL now

It kind of makes me wonder why Avery is still defending the Rangers. Does he still see himself as a relevant part of the team? Why is he taking an interest in the Rangers?

Like someone else said, he just has it out for the guy he sees as ending his career, never mind his career was already nothing before Sather salvaged him and he 'found success' in 2008, getting a ridiculous contract out of it.  And he still has a lot of guys he knows and played with on the team, so he probably wants to see them do well on some level.

I don't know if it's as simple as Torts' shelf life expiring.  It's more like they lost a lot of the guys who would run through walls for him (Dubinsky, Anisimov, Prust, Mitchell, Fedotenko) and replaced them with older, jaded vets who could care less for laying out to block shots on a 5-on-3 down 3-0 in the final minute of a game.  The locker room turnover's hurt them this year.  

Not to mention Torts is trying to run Gaborik out of town because he doesn't buy into the system either.  When you're a top-heavy team and one of your top guys ain't doing squat cause he doesn't 'fit' the program, that's a problem.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Avery is just diverting all his anger after it became official a little over a week ago that hes gay. https://twitter.com/BravoAndy/status/315171272814362625/photo/1

Everyone on here hates torts. I love the guy, he speaks his mind, he plays a tough breed of hockey, hes hysterical, he treats scum like larry brooks how they deserve to be treated. Yeah i dont agree with everything he says, but as a coach and a man, i think hes great. Plus the guy does charity work for the spca or something along those lines

Avery is just diverting all his anger after it became official a little over a week ago that hes gay. https://twitter.com/BravoAndy/status/315171272814362625/photo/1

Everyone on here hates torts. I love the guy, he speaks his mind, he plays a tough breed of hockey, hes hysterical, he treats scum like larry brooks how they deserve to be treated. Yeah i dont agree with everything he says, but as a coach and a man, i think hes great. Plus the guy does charity work for the spca or something along those lines

He doesn't play a tough breed of hockey. He makes his players play a so-called tough breed of hockey, when the time calls for it or doesn't call for it, whether the player is suited for it or isn't suitable at all. That's not a good coach, at any level of the game. All accountability goes out the window with this guy, when sh!t hits the fan, and for that I have no respect for him.