GDT New Jersey Devils vs. The Isles 7pm MSG+

ZeroGravityFat

Dean Lombardi isn't half the GM Lou is.  Let's not forget the Kings were an 8th seed last year. Luckily for them, they happened to get hot at the right time.

They were 8 cause they had a bad start and only became a team later in the season and went on a roll...were where weare cause weve been constantly bad and luckily in a terrible conference this year

David Clarkson was double shifted, played 23:27 [lead all forwards] and was a minus 1 with 6 shots, only 1 being a legit scoring chance

Double shifting a guy with a whole 4 points in his last 22 games cannot be explained.

What the freaking hell happened to our coaching staff? Our PP is atrocious. Its literally Oates' system. Our worst forward is getting the most ice time.

Yes, Gionta has been awful lately too, but at least he has freaking hockey IQ. Clarkson has literally lost every ounce of any hockey intelligence he's ever had. He doesn't belong in the top-6, let alone getting the most ice time, including damn near the last 2 full minutes [save for 15 seconds] when we're down 2. I'm sick of him going to his freaking face all the time with that stupid look on his face of bewilderment that the refs didn't give him a call. I'm sick of his stupid chirping, sick of the passes to literally no one. :argh:

Clueless Clarkson is killing our team and the fact the coaches keep calling his number is a freaking disgrace.

Lou doesn't need to make any drastic moves. The same pieces that nearly won the Cup last year, for the most part, are still there. We've just been plagued by injuries all year and it's affected the team in ways we couldn't anticipate. I'd prefer Lou be prudent like he usually is and not make moves for the sake of making them. There are teams that do that every year like the Rags and Phailures and look where it gets them. Let those loser teams win the headlines on ESPN. The Devils are still plenty in it. No need to panic. :thumbsup: On to Boston...

my. How insipid. Just what this team needs :)

Lou doesn't need to make any drastic moves. The same pieces that nearly won the Cup last year, for the most part, are still there. We've just been plagued by injuries all year and it's affected the team in ways we couldn't anticipate. I'd prefer Lou be prudent like he usually is and not make moves for the sake of making them. There are teams that do that every year like the Rags and Phailures and look where it gets them. Let those loser teams win the headlines on ESPN. The Devils are still plenty in it. No need to panic.  :thumbsup:  On to Boston...

They don't have many good options.  They should put Elias with Clarkson though, or Loktionov - someone who can get him the puck.  He's no longer able to get the puck in space.

In my opinion, Tim Sestito or Krys Barch are better options than Clarkson right now. At least if they screw up and turn the puck over, it's expected. Plus DeBoer wouldn't dare give them the most ice time out of all forwards and second to only Greene.

I know we've been over this before and Clarkson won't be scratched, but something NEEDS to be done to get him to wake the hell up and rewarding him for disastrous play with more ice time is baffling and so many other bad adjectives I wont use here.

Edited by jagknife

They don't have many good options.  They should put Elias with Clarkson though, or Loktionov - someone who can get him the puck.  He's no longer able to get the puck in space.

Elias has been with Clarkson more than enough this year, Clarkson was sucking Elias down his black hole.

In my opinion, Tim Sestito or Krys Barch are better options than Clarkson right now. At least if they screw up and turn the puck over, it's expected. Plus DeBoer wouldn't dare give them the most ice time out of all forwards and second to only Greene.

I know we've been over this before and Clarkson won't be scratched, but something NEEDS to be done to get him to wake the hell up and rewarding him for disastrous play with more ice time is baffling and so many other bad adjectives I wont use here.

He wasn't being rewarded for bad play tonight, at least not in the first period.  He actually played well when nobody else did.  Then of course he reverted back to form in the last two periods but they still had to run him out with Zajac puking and Kostopolous doing his best Michael Spinks against Mike Tyson impression.

I've seen alot of talk about what the devils will do at the deadline and I still think this team should be buyers. If they can find a good player that wouldnt be a rental using draft picks and prospects then I think Lou should do it. Reasoning being that I think next year is the devs chance to make an impact in the playoffs again. I don't see this team doing much this season, too many banged up guys and too many players underachieving. That being said we still have a real good core of players, when their playing their game that is. Kovy, Elias, Zidlicky, Broduer, Henrique, Zajac and I think next year the pieces can be put into place to make a special team. Devils might have over 30m free in cap space if they buyout either volchenkov or tallinder, so they can definitely find talent in free agency and the possibility of adding a younger dman like Merill could be a big addition for us. I think Lou might be targeting next year, I could be wrong but I think the "devils should be sellers" mentality isn't the way to go.

Elias has been with Clarkson more than enough this year, Clarkson was sucking Elias down his black hole.

He wasn't being rewarded for bad play tonight, at least not in the first period.  He actually played well when nobody else did.  Then of course he reverted back to form in the last two periods but they still had to run him out with Zajac puking and Kostopolous doing his best Michael Spinks against Mike Tyson impression.

See, I don't see him playing well at all, even in the first. I see him being very VERY lazy, especially on the back check. I see blind as hell passes to no one in particular. I see crappy gamesmanship where he feels he's entitled to calls.

I'm also looking at it from my seats at the Rock and not on TV so I could be missing things.

They couldn't fill Kostopoulos's role by committee? They had to stick with Clarkson and Clarkson alone? He struggled enough on his 2nd line shifts, let alone being a massive liability to an already suspect 4th line.

That time in the AHL probably put him into some bad habits.  Maybe it did the same for Larsson too, but I don't think we'll ever really know since he was scratched off the bat.  The merry-go-round defensive rotation's hurt the younger guys (Larsson, Fayne) to no end.

Lou doesn't need to make any drastic moves. The same pieces that nearly won the Cup last year, for the most part, are still there. We've just been plagued by injuries all year and it's affected the team in ways we couldn't anticipate. I'd prefer Lou be prudent like he usually is and not make moves for the sake of making them. There are teams that do that every year like the Rags and Phailures and look where it gets them. Let those loser teams win the headlines on ESPN. The Devils are still plenty in it. No need to panic.  :thumbsup:  On to Boston...

Am I going to be one to say it?

They're missing one pretty big piece, one pretty big player.  He-who-shall-remain-nameless, who set up seemingly half of Kovy's goals last year

They're missing one pretty big piece, one pretty big player.  He-who-shall-remain-nameless, who set up seemingly half of Kovy's goals last year

I know. We should have never moved Palmieri.

It had something to do with it. Defenders had to respect Parise's scoring prowess.

Scoring prowess and Parise are two things that shouldn't be said in the same sentence. All of Parise's goals are garbage goals from 5 feet out. Yeah there is a skill to get those goals but defenders aren't "respecting" a player that jams his way to the front of the net to get a tap in goal.

That time in the AHL probably put him into some bad habits.  Maybe it did the same for Larsson too, but I don't think we'll ever really know since he was scratched off the bat.  The merry-go-round defensive rotation's hurt the younger guys (Larsson, Fayne) to no end.

GImme a break.  He played 15 games there months ago