Devils acquire Steve Sullivan

jagknife

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lou could have gotten a better player for a 7th round pick. IMO Redden and Jokinen are both more valuable and they went for a 7th rounder.

Yeah, what we need now is Wade Redden.   We don't have enough of that.    Jokinen was given away for free because he has money due him.

Lou really failed us this deadline...

Here is to hoping we can sneak in the playoffs...

Who did you want, and for what?  I just don't think there was much Lou really should've or could've done here.  I would've been fine with nothing, but this move won't make much difference either way.

Who did you want, and for what?  I just don't think there was much Lou really should've or could've done here.  I would've been fine with nothing, but this move won't make much difference either way.

Anything that made me believe you were trying to help us out for another push before Marty hangs em up...

We may only have a couple more dances with #30 before he is gone forever...we should be trying to win every season, PERIOD.

Does that mean I want huge names every go around?!?  Of course not, but something more impactful than Sullivan....

Yeah, what we need now is Wade Redden.   We don't have enough of that.    Jokinen was given away for free because he has money due him.

I didn't say get Redden, I would have liked to get Jokinen, but I think they are two examples of how much a 7th can return. When I read we got Steve Sullivan I seriously thought he retired. Guy has virtually disappeared in the past few seasons.

Brodeur (and goaltending in general) is the biggest thing keeping this team from winning.  The idea that the Devils should sell out their future so Marty and his .905 SV% can get one last shot at the Cup is ridiculous.  We still haven't seen the final cost for Pominville but it looks awfully expensive. 

Brodeur (and goaltending in general) is the biggest thing keeping this team from winning.  The idea that the Devils should sell out their future so Marty and his .905 SV% can get one last shot at the Cup is ridiculous.  We still haven't seen the final cost for Pominville but it looks awfully expensive. 

Going in on Bishop would have been a decent decision.

Jokinen passed through waivers recebtly so the whole league of GMs, right or wrong, question his value.

Redden is similar.

I don't see any reason to think a 7th should return more than a depth move or taking on a poor salary to play ratio based on those values.

Anything that made me believe you were trying to help us out for another push before Marty hangs em up...

We may only have a couple more dances with #30 before he is gone forever...we should be trying to win every season, PERIOD.

Does that mean I want huge names every go around?!?  Of course not, but something more impactful than Sullivan....

Sorry but we really shouldn't piss the future down the toilet just so Marty can add another cup to his resume.

Marty is a shoe-in for the Hall so no worries about that.