Devils acquire Steve Sullivan

jagknife

Loktionov is not a 3rd line player.

The Brodeur hate is sickening. He outplayed Lundqvist, Bryz, and even Quick for large stretches. Remember the Devils are a Fayne bounce and a Kovy crossbar away from leaving New Jersey up 2 - 0.

Marty will be Marty when our hundred million man gets back lets see if he can score at even strength.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Brodeur hate is sickening. He outplayed Lundqvist, Bryz, and even Quick for large stretches. Remember the Devils are a Fayne bounce and a Kovy crossbar away from leaving New Jersey up 2 - 0.

Marty will be Marty when our hundred million man gets back lets see if he can score at even strength.

No one is hating Brodeur, but he didn't have to steal games like he used to 10 years ago.  Were were also a goal away two games in a row in Round 1 from being sent home packing.

Brodeur had a very good playoff - almost gave it away against the Panthers, rallied against the Flyers and Rangers, and made some great saves in the Final.  However, that save percentage just can't seem to stay above .910 during the regular season.  It's been 2+ years since John MacLean, so that can't be blamed anymore.

Loktionov isn't a third line player? Do you mean he's better or worse than that? Cause on this team is isnt better than Zajac and Elias/Henrique and he is definitely better than carter. That's his ideal role on this team. I don't see any othe way around that if he needs to play center

Brodeur had a very good playoff - almost gave it away against the Panthers, rallied against the Flyers and Rangers, and made some great saves in the Final.  However, that save percentage just can't seem to stay above .910 during the regular season.  It's been 2+ years since John MacLean, so that can't be blamed anymore.

Marty does get hurt in save percentage because that doesn't count playing with a low shot counter and doesn't include shots he prevents with his stick handling.  Nor will save percentage include the offense he may help create through his stick handling, although I have no way to know if or how much this might add, but I feel it likely does help.

Not saying Marty is awesome and amazing anymore, but save percentage for Marty isn't the same indicator of overall play as for most goalies.

Marty does get hurt in save percentage because that doesn't count playing with a low shot counter and doesn't include shots he prevents with his stick handling.  Nor will save percentage include the offense he may help create through his stick handling, although I have no way to know if or how much this might add, but I feel it likely does help.

Not saying Marty is awesome and amazing anymore, but save percentage for Marty isn't the same indicator of overall play as for most goalies.

Bingo look at the Flyer game from earlier in the year.

I could agree with this assessment

I think d'agostini ends up on the 4th line by the end of the season.

Lines end up being something like:

Zubrus-Zajac-Kovalchuk

Elias-Henrique-Clarkson

Sullivan-Loktionov-Poni

D'agostini-Carter-Bernier

That lineup has some players playing on their off-wings but its still a really solid lineup

that looks real good

For all the shots Brodeur prevents with his stickhandling - which Brodeur Is A Fraud judged at around 1 per game - there's an empty net goal waiting for him that he gives up because of his over-stickhandling.  Playing for a shot undercounter hurts but his road SV% over the last 3 years isn't over .910 either.

Marty didn;t have to be spectacular like in 2003 but he was good enough to get a win.  He made some highlight reel saves last year in Rounds 2 and 3 but was not the major reason why we won those.  We man-handled the Flyers and handled the Rangers with our aggressive forecheck that they had no answer for. 

Also only game 1 and 2 of the second round was somewhat close while game 5 and 6 of the 3rd round were somewhat close.  None of these were real nail-biters and the rest of the games were not even close.

They very easily could have lost to the Rangers in 6.   Both games 5 and 6 they were hanging on by a thread after blowing leads and got goals at very opportune times.    Those games were not "somewhat close" and we were not handling the Rangers with our aggressive forecheck.   THEY were being way too aggressive early in the games and getting burned.

Actually he is playing better than zajac... I love travis with all my heart but if lokti play the way i see him all is carreer he'll be our number 1 center for years

Not unless he learns to win a faceoff.   Being better than Gionta isn't an accomplishment.

For all the shots Brodeur prevents with his stickhandling - which Brodeur Is A Fraud judged at around 1 per game - there's an empty net goal waiting for him that he gives up because of his over-stickhandling.  Playing for a shot undercounter hurts but his road SV% over the last 3 years isn't over .910 either.

I think 1 per game is a low number, but I haven't seen the methodology or have my own so I can't dispute it.

But if .910 is the magic number then Marty last year jumps to a:

.911 save percentage if 1 shot per game is added to his saves.

.914 save percentage if 2 shots per game is added to his saves.

Those aren't too bad and it doesn't include extra offense generated from easier breakouts.

Really guys? Listen, I'm not thrilled about Steve Sullivan but we traded a 7th round pick for him and a lot of ya'll are like, "We should have gotten more for a 7th rounder...." We got an NHL player for a potential non-NHL player. And that NHL player we got possesses some valuable offensive skills. Sometimes I think people would complain if we traded a non-existent 9th round pick for a decent, albeit non-superstar forward.

Was waiting for someone to post this.......

Really guys? Listen, I'm not thrilled about Steve Sullivan but we traded a 7th round pick for him and a lot of ya'll are like, "We should have gotten more for a 7th rounder...." We got an NHL player for a potential non-NHL player. And that NHL player we got possesses some valuable offensive skills. Sometimes I think people would complain if we traded a non-existent 9th round pick for a decent, albeit non-superstar forward.

Was waiting for someone to post this.......

Pretty funny!

I love Loki but people are kidding themselves if they think he's better than Zajac or patty

Have you watched Zajac in the offensive zone this year? He's still a great defensive forward but offensively he is just not getting it done (been a bit better lately but overall stats are still way below where they should be). Loktionov has definitely been the better offensive center this season.

Have you watched Zajac in the offensive zone this year? He's still a great defensive forward but offensively he is just not getting it done (been a bit better lately but overall stats are still way below where they should be). Loktionov has definitely been the better offensive center this season.

I have watched Zajac and I agree he hasn't been that good but he's been getting his game back and we all know when Zajac is playing his game he's an excellent center. Loktionov has played like 18 games with us and has gotten crazy puck luck so far. I think Loki is a good center but if someone is saying you can have loktionov or Zajac on your team it should be obvious who you take, and it isn't loktionov.

Sullivan looked good on the Pens powerplay last year. Hopefully he can help ours.

he has a good shot good spped & is smart with the puck

he will be good on the powerplay.

im happy with this trade, will help us a little