kovie practicing

ZeroGravityFat

The Devils always practice the PP, so that's nothing new.  The Devils didn't practice the shootout before and it never mattered before.

I'm highly doubting taking 1 penalty shot at practice today will actually make anyone better or worse at the shootout.  I would guess it's more to try and mentally shake the team up, since it's a change.

makes a huge difference actually. deboer finally gets to see each player and how they act for the shot. we have been cycling the same 3 now maybe he will be inclined to try someone who he saw a spark with.

makes a huge difference actually. deboer finally gets to see each player and how they act for the shot. we have been cycling the same 3 now maybe he will be inclined to try someone who he saw a spark with.

The Devils have used 10 different shooters in the shootout this season.  They haven't been shy about mixing things up.  Elias and Kovy are the only 2 that have been consistently out there.  So if the huge difference is the Devils can choose different shooters, well, I imagine Kovy and Elias will still be the mainstays with others mixed in.

well kovie is not available for 2 more games, so i'd like to see someone other than elias and zajac who keep missing.

Elias is good at the shootout, so he's going to keep going out there.  I don't think one practice shot is going to change anyone's mind on that.  Zajac has only taken 4 shots this year, so he hasn't been involved in more shootouts than he's been in.  Zajac is 1 for 4, which is pretty average for 4 shot attempts, most guys will end up at 1 or 2 goals out of 4.

well kovie is not available for 2 more games, so i'd like to see someone other than elias and zajac who keep missing.

I would like to see PDB say fvck it and make a shootout list that confuses the goalie. Volchenkov, Sal, Gio. We'd lose the s/o but it would be fun to watch. Perhaps Volch would channel his inner Marek Malik.

Edited by CarpathianForest

such great news, hoping the team can just keep it together until his return... they said he will be back before he is 100% .. said he didnt have any pain in his shoulder but he has yet to take a slap shot doesnt want to push it. good good good stuff right here kovalchuckless period is almost over phew

I would like to see PDB say fvck it and make a shootout list that confuses the goalie. Volchenkov, Sal, Gio. We'd lose the s/o but it would be fun to watch. Perhaps Volch would channel his inner Marek Malik.

Sometimes I think throwing in a guy who has never taken a shootout attempt or only has taken a couple, can work. Like has been said, the SO is something the goalies train for by watching tape and studying their moves/tendencies. If there was no tape, the goalie is as unprepared as he can be, right?

Volchenkov has a cannon of a shot, if he takes it early when the goalie doesn't setup and it's on target, i bet he scores. Zid could probably do the same. Brodeur stopping all the shots and one out of those two clowns scoring is a game winner. Brodeur hasn't been lights out in the shootout which makes the difference. He's been  the difference maker last year when he took the shot and saved first giving us the edge.