Elias about Lou's free agents approach

SterioDesign

he'll get overpaid by toronto or whomever else, and we will just part ways and watch him become the next gomez. 

He will be overpaid, but probably not by much because 1) His scoring has dried up the 2nd half of this season and 2) with the cap coming down less teams are willing to gamble that much money on a 3rd line/borderline 2nd line player.

I dont think anyone is in to trashign you this season -- but hey I appreciate your effort in spreading some idiocy.

If you're serious - I put forth that it's Clarkson job to be that guy. He's not a whiner diver a la a Penguin just so we have that clear - he's obnoxious -- And he's got some talent to back it up too. I think you're just confused about his role because he's played so far above it - while at the same time not matching a guy like Pepe.

I'd hate it if the whole team just sat back reciting please sit can I have another. Yet I dont think it's the place of the Captain to whine like Langenbrunner did when things got tough. Diplomacy has it's place - and it's not with the team menace which Clarkson is in all it's glory and lack there of.

Clarkson does play hard and gives his all every night and does provide some talent to this team. I just personally don't like the whining to the refs and diving he does. Id rather not have to watch him and his antics every night, especially for any contract that is 4 million or more.

I hate that "who, me?" look after every time he is called for a penalty that he does. Pisses me off that he rather whine to the refs than continue on with the play.

Bingo. It drives me nuts.

One more thing about Clarkson... if he HAD kept putting up the strong numbers I think I'd be OK with his deciding to move on.  He'd be ready I wouldn't worry about a Gomez thing.  But he's kind of choked in terms of reaching his maximum.  He still has lots to learn here that other organizations just don't let you learn. 

I think Gomez can safely say the Devils are NOT about stagnation as used to be the claim of FAs.   It's about putting the cart before the horse and giving these guys so much room for learning.  Holik had some communication issues the Devils gave him the room to work on -- the TEAM gave him space to get his message out.  The Devils are just a really rare organization that way.  Lou fosters a system of learning I hate to say.  But it's what he does -- he has this love of knowledge and I think he really enjoys seeing guys progress -- he forgives so much if a guy is just reaching and stretching and learning and progressing.  Lou is like a gardener.  Most jackasses would pull a sh!tty flowering plant -- but if Lou sees it developing new shoots - he cant do it.  he has to see how things grow.  That's why Rolston is such a sad case.  Dude hates the Jersey soil - he just can't thrive here.  Weirdness.

I love Lou. Maybe I'm just seeing what I want to see but that above i think is why I love this team so much.  It's in line with my values... or maybe I've just twisted and turned and manipulated it to my own value system  :smilegah:  I dont put it past myself :evil:

do you know him personally?

no not at all -- but some things I just know.  :noclue:  hey -- I have a track record on the "knowing" thing - haven't you been reading my posts this year about how right I am replete with examples?

Edited by Pepperkorn

Bingo. It drives me nuts.

I think that's a fear thing.  You know --- he KNOWS he fvcked up he's prepared to defend himself - but he's fvcked up and he knew it the second he did it and his brain shuts down and he can't keep the play going -- because he fvcked up and he's upset so he yells at a ref because what the hell right?  I mean, that's the reality of that stuff with most of us.  You've been there.  Are you KIDDING  DM84 will fight to the friggin' DEATH when he knows he's wrong as wrong can be.  Lawd knows why - but we all do it.  You're pissed at him because it's familiar.  You've put your own understanding on it.  It's how you'd react and he shoudl be better than you  :uni:  heeheehee Langue31.gif

and THIS is why I got so angry at Jamie - why I lost faith.  because he lost control.  And he couldn't get it back.  and the team didnt' see it - as that other thread said the loyalty to jamie blinded the team.  They turned on Jacque for Jamie -- who WAS fvckING UP!  AND KNEW IT!!!   Clarkson can be a dipsh!t because it's not spreading beyond himself.  Stevens coudl be a selfrighteous dipsh!t because he actually didn't drag the team with him.  he just said STFU and do your own job - I worry abotu my not doing mine OK? Jamie woudl commiserate - made it a team thing.  THAT is where the danger lies...

but I am just SOOOOOOOOO out there now... maybe I etter have a FOURTH CUP OF COFFFEEE !!!!

AHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhH!HH!H!HI HY* R#)Y&({OTU#"JNHTFGP{)*BOU:HRJF

Edited by Pepperkorn

i think everyone should just chill out .. quit pointing blame of whos a whiney bitch.. whos not doing their job.. whos this whos that sh!t.. and we should all be focused on hoping for a win in tonights game to hope this team has one last shot to get a move on to extend our season.. im not ready to accept it being over and if they get their game together starting tonight i think it can still be done? So lets be the die hard fans we all are here and support every player currently playing on this team for what he is and what we all know each of them can contriubute.. we all want this so badly.. keep faith fellow fans even though it looks dark.. we gotta keep faith and support these guys threw their sh!t time! LETS GO NJ!

it went from an elias thread to a clarkson thread to it being a repetitive thread thats getting old 11 pages later... elias's resigning cant be talked about fr 11 straight pages...

It was never an Elias resigning thread - it's a Lou's UFA negotiating style thread - all right there in the title. :evil:

Be damm glad it's not a Marty sucks thread like all the others.  <_<

I think that's a fear thing.  You know --- he KNOWS he fvcked up he's prepared to defend himself - but he's fvcked up and he knew it the second he did it and his brain shuts down and he can't keep the play going -- because he fvcked up and he's upset so he yells at a ref because what the hell right?  I mean, that's the reality of that stuff with most of us.  You've been there.  Are you KIDDING  DM84 will fight to the friggin' DEATH when he knows he's wrong as wrong can be.  Lawd knows why - but we all do it.  You're pissed at him because it's familiar.  You've put your own understanding on it.  It's how you'd react and he shoudl be better than you  :uni:  heeheehee Langue31.gif

and THIS is why I got so angry at Jamie - why I lost faith.  because he lost control.  And he couldn't get it back.  and the team didnt' see it - as that other thread said the loyalty to jamie blinded the team.  They turned on Jacque for Jamie -- who WAS fvckING UP!  AND KNEW IT!!!   Clarkson can be a dipsh&#33;t because it's not spreading beyond himself.  Stevens coudl be a selfrighteous dipsh&#33;t because he actually didn't drag the team with him.  he just said STFU and do your own job - I worry abotu my not doing mine OK? Jamie woudl commiserate - made it a team thing.  THAT is where the danger lies...

but I am just SOOOOOOOOO out there now... maybe I etter have a FOURTH CUP OF COFFFEEE !!!!

AHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhH!HH!H!HI HY* R#)Y&({OTU#"JNHTFGP{)*BOU:HRJF

That escalated quickly. Edited by Aznjsn

Yeah, Elias has one foot out the door, that's why he's answering all the media questions after the Toronto game - I don't know where you people get this stuff.

That's not saying Elias might not leave, but there's absolutely no indication that he 'has one foot out the door'.

Yeah, Elias has one foot out the door, that's why he's answering all the media questions after the Toronto game - I don't know where you people get this stuff.

That's not saying Elias might not leave, but there's absolutely no indication that he 'has one foot out the door'.

I hope I'm wrong, but I think the fact that our future is not exactly bright combined with the fact that other teams will offer him more money....

I hope I'm wrong, but I think the fact that our future is not exactly bright combined with the fact that other teams will offer him more money....

Why would you think the Devils don't have the money?  That's all they have.  Tons of cap room.  The idea that Lamoriello doesn't pay players is 10 years out of date. 

Most of the best teams in the league do not have cap room.  The Devils not only have it, they don't have any irreplacable players going UFA in the next 2 years after this one.

• Like 2

Why would you think the Devils don't have the money?  That's all they have.  Tons of cap room.  The idea that Lamoriello doesn't pay players is 10 years out of date. 

Most of the best teams in the league do not have cap room.  The Devils not only have it, they don't have any irreplacable players going UFA in the next 2 years after this one.

So what do you think the Devils offer him?  Years and $?

hes 37.. i dont think i would want him to get signed for a 4 year contract.. 3 ok i guess, but i dont know about getting locked in with someone climbing up the age ladder.. yes its elias and i want him to retire a njd.. but at the same rate i dont want to see them get locked into anything too long term for an older player.. hes not producing so much now ( take it that no one is).. but you dont know what hes going to be like when hes 40