Oh hi playoffs

ZeroGravityFat

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm at the point where if we win and get into the playoffs, that's good. If we don't win and we wind up with a decent draft pick for our draft party, that's good. Once hockey season is gone I'll mourn its passing as I always do so I'll enjoy it while it's here regardless of the result.

Pretty much exactly how I feel

Its really a win-win situation. If they get in, great. I love my team being in the playoffs and enjoy the atmosphere. But if they don't, they get a good pick and most likely in this draft a top 10 pick will be an absolute stud. Plus it was a half season, stuff like this was going to happen. Still hope they get in, but if not the likelihood of getting a nasty player will make me happy. I think this team will be pretty good next year. 

I'm at the point where if we win and get into the playoffs, that's good. If we don't win and we wind up with a decent draft pick for our draft party, that's good. Once hockey season is gone I'll mourn its passing as I always do so I'll enjoy it while it's here regardless of the result.

While a high pick is nice and all, I highly value our feat of missing the playoffs just once since 1996. We need to keep that going

I sometimes hear people saying "I'd rather my team doesn't make the playoffs than lose in the 1st round". I never understood it. It's sort of a "Cup or bust" attitude, but it just doesn't work in this league - not in this age, anyway.

Do I regret we made the finals last year because we lost them? Hell no.

There are few things that make me as excited as the Stanley Cup Playoffs in the sports world and I want to live those emotions even if we end up getting eliminated less than two weeks since the start.

That being said, last night changed my attitude about this season. Up until yesterday, I somehow still couldn't envision us missing the playoffs - when I thought about the end of April, I would automatically see the Devils playing in the 1st round in my head. But with those 8 losses, with the gap between us and 8th/7th being four points wide... I'm facing reality and this time it will be us making the cut that will surprise me if it happens.

even though bunch of our game is struggling at time we have the elements to win... but like i said somewhere else.. if the team scores 4 goals... goalies will let 5+ goals... and if the goalie only let 1 goal in the guys wont be able to score at all.

its almost comical at this point.

I sometimes hear people saying "I'd rather my team doesn't make the playoffs than lose in the 1st round". I never understood it. It's sort of a "Cup or bust" attitude, but it just doesn't work in this league - not in this age, anyway.

Do I regret we made the finals last year because we lost them? Hell no.

There are few things that make me as excited as the Stanley Cup Playoffs in the sports world and I want to live those emotions even if we end up getting eliminated less than two weeks since the start.

That being said, last night changed my attitude about this season. Up until yesterday, I somehow still couldn't envision us missing the playoffs - when I thought about the end of April, I would automatically see the Devils playing in the 1st round in my head. But with those 8 losses, with the gap between us and 8th/7th being four points wide... I'm facing reality and this time it will be us making the cut that will surprise me if it happens.

With this much talent in the upcoming draft and with a 8, 9, or 10 spot, not making the playoffs would be a welcome alternative.

i'm on the fence here but only time will tell obviously, i value a lot that we only missed the playoffs twice since 1990 but obviously a top pick would be welcome but that's up in the air... a top 10 could be a bust or simply not bring enough to the team to justify a top pick but on the flip side Ottawa and Philly didnt have to miss the playoffs to snag Karlsson and Giroux. And thats only 2 examples out of a hundred

Alright show of hands - Would you rather us draft top 10 or lose in 5 to the Penguins in the first round?

Hard to choose a losing first round. But I'd choose a first round against the Pens any day of the week over a Top 10 draft pick. Not one person in the hockey world would choose us as beating the Pens, and we thrive under that lack of expectation...

Really, just the thought of missing the playoffs this year, after such an amazing couple months last year, is really upsetting..