Arlette?

NJDEVS1730

I never got the obsession with arlette. She is good, but nothing special nor is she some long standing institution with the team.

I like that Matt guy too though

I don't think I saw her since she got laryngitis during the Ranger game.

The opera guy's definitely my second favorite, he should have been there instead of some of the other clowns they had doing it, like the guy that did it the game before Dano's kids lol.

There was also this other woman who fumbled the lyrics a little bit at a game about a month ago

Max Defrancesco is fantastic. He can sing the anthem at every single game and I'd never get tired of it. Best of the bunch by far.

Remember that awkward moment where the anthem was sung in some sort of rock version with that creepy guitarist....

Those tools from 'Rock of Ages' always find a way to screw up the Anthem. Earlier that day, they did the same thing at the Red Bulls opener and the singer botched the lyrics, repeated the opening verse twice

Now I forgot the old anthem singer. Roy? Ray? Anyhow. I met him after the fact and dude just raved RAVED about Marty & his respect for fellow artists. I of course wanted to blather on about how hockey is art and he pretty much looked at me funny and went on about Marty more.

I think there was Ron Raines and Raymond Foose. Foose was our good luck charm for the 95 run.

Ray Foose!  He's quite the curmudgeon now.  He's still a fine singer but I think he thinks he sucks - or that he's lost his charisma or something.  There was no talking to him about his singing I guess was just the bottom line.  Nice guy though.

Ron sang for the Devils?  That's hysterical!  Back in the day I could never decide what his deal was.  I love his wife so I was very - you know - just protective I guess.  He's sort of too nice, effusive even - but, you know- he's just an actor I guess. and they're still together!!  That's what counts.

Wow I just could never sing the national anthem.  I almost tried to sing for the Mets... but I knew I just couldn't.  I HATE singing like that.  I HATE HATEHATE it  It's a gift I'm goin' to hell for wasting but I can't take it - as myself I have horrible stage fright.  I can be anyone else in the context of a play or musical -- I even got down being a spokes person - that's some kind of bullsh!t -- and it's talking - and it paid the rent.  But being me like especially as a Devils fan... I'd vomit - and not as some weird ritual.  I'd have an adrenalin blackout. I'm in a panic just thinking of it.

Edited by Pepperkorn