GDT New Jersey Devils at Leafs 7PM MSG+

ZeroGravityFat

Kovy is a crucial piece of the pie.. But he wouldn't have helped much during this pathetic run. He needs a partner in crime.. And until that happens this team is doomed.. Depth equals offense and without depth this team will be forever plagued.. Batman would had been nothing without his gay sidekick Robin. Baam!!

Nice reference.  But, he's already been doing it this year.  Elias played Robin early on.  Then, he became the other teams focal point and... what's the reverse of Baam? 

The silver lining, if you want to call it that, is that the team is playing hard, and hasn't quit on DeBoer. It's been a dreadful run, but not the sort of thing that would set the team back in the long term.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Great post Daniel. It has to be without a doubt the most frustrating, unluckiest run in franchise history, but that's what it is- a horrible run. We'll be back to pissing in the rest of the league's Cheerios next year. Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 1

At this point I hope we lose the rest of them foe the draft pick.  Time for some revamping next year.

They 'have' to get out of this before the end of the season.  If they end losing sixteen in a row or even fifteen of sixteen, they'll be sulking about it all summer.  And it will lead to consequences we might not want to see next year (Lou getting an itchy trigger finger with PDB for one).

Most frustrating loss of the season for me. I literally want to break every single thing I can in my house right now. Toronto had no business winning this game tonight. Unreal.

This game was just the icing on the cake for me. At least for me the more frustrating losses were back to back chokes against the Lightning and Panthers.

Good luck with that, the only thing that might save the attendance for Saturday is a lot of pre-sold tickets for a weekend afternoon game.  Tuesday's going to be a nightmare either way (an empty house or a Habs fan invasion if they're playing for a division).

I'm just glad I sold my regular pair of seats for the next two games (at slightly above sth face) before the last week - I got the free pair for Saturday after paying my playoff invoice, so at least I got something out of that lol...and I had no intention of going Tuesday anyway.  I'd be getting 50 cents on the dollar if I tried to sell them now.

I'll still be at Saturday in a different section, then Fan Appreciation Day on Thursday.  Might as well since we're not getting any other games for five months plus.

Edited by NJDevs4978

This isnt really on topic but they just replayed the 552 game, and i have to say that Parise was a MUCH better player 4 years ago or so. That season long injury really killed him. He lost alot of his speed and finesse. He's still a good player, but he really was a WAY better player prior to that injury. Also, wish Langenbrunner's play never tailed off. He was a great Devil. Its unfortunate that his attitude and play went to sh!t. 

This isnt really on topic but they just replayed the 552 game, and i have to say that Parise was a MUCH better player 4 years ago or so. That season long injury really killed him. He lost alot of his speed and finesse. He's still a good player, but he really was a WAY better player prior to that injury. Also, wish Langenbrunner's play never tailed off. He was a great Devil. Its unfortunate that his attitude and play went to sh!t. 

Parise will likely never score 40 again. But he's got at least 2 more 30 goal season left in him. After that he'll be 31 with a lot of wear and tear...if his hands start to go a little bit he's going to be a very expensive 25 goal 50 point guy

I wouldn't be suprised if a lot of bandwagon fans are jumping ship.....especially the one's that joined during our run last year.

I'll be there Saturday and for the final two home games after cheering for a win.....I just hope others will be too.......

definitely not going anywhere. Though just started following the team seriously this season partly because of the run last season but also I wanted a new sport to follow while football is done and I pretty much fell in love with hockey during the playoff run.  Basketball has gone soft and baseball is a solid sport, but kinda boring at times. But I've always been I guess a "casual fan" because they were one of the two teams in New Jersey before the Nets left. I love this team despite such a sh!tty season we've had this year, but I hope we can pull it together next season.  I'm used adversity since I'm also a Jets fan. xD

Edited by gsnts725

Not leaving but perhaps I should have watched Defiance at 9P.  Seems they win when I don't watch.  I will stop watching and see if that breaks the hex on ice.

ETA: forgot something.  "Batman would had been nothing without his gay sidekick Robin. Baam!!"  That really wasn't necessary 1guy3cups.  Nobody tell me I have to chill.  Seems like there is no such thing as respect. :rolleyes:

Edited by StarDew

Not leaving but perhaps I should have watched Defiance at 9P.  Seems they win when I don't watch.  I will stop watching and see if that breaks the hex on ice.

ETA: forgot something.  "Batman would had been nothing without his gay sidekick Robin. Baam!!"  That really wasn't necessary 1guy3cups.  Nobody tell me I have to chill.  Seems like there is no such thing as respect. :rolleyes:

you sure u wanna miss the one game they win?!! :o

Respect has gone the way of the dodo. It took rationality with it, too. 

Devils are the oldest team in the NHL.   They've played the most games in the NHL last year and now had to play a condensed schedule.   Is it so surprising that they got off to a great start (where all those games helped since they had the least time off) and then hurt later on (most games played)?   They look gassed.   They're slower than every team they play and they're late to almost every puck and every rebound.   The checking style they play is exhausting and if tired, is simply not effective.    This reminds me of 2002 after playing the most games in the NHL the previous 2 years.   They just looked gassed.   Not saying there aren't other factors, but they are not the same team they were 6 weeks ago (even with Kovy and Brodeur) and after watching every other team in the league the past few weeks nobody looks as old and slow as NJ, nobody.

They must get younger and faster to compete.   The Islanders drafted and brought in speed.  Same with the NYR.  Chicago.  Etc..  NJ hasn't done that and the speed/age delta is just too wide at this point.   Marty and the D haven't been able to cover for them this year as they did last year, so time to face the facts.   Even in 2003 NJ went for speed and swaped Sykora for Friesen.   Think of that last goal that beat Ottawa.    Does any team in hockey have a slower top 6?

Get younger.  Get faster.   Or get beat.   Shake up time is here....