Explosions in Boston

Derlique

My sister said she was right by the finish line where it happened and luckily left not even ten minutes before the bombs went off.  I feel like this wasn't done by an organized terrorist group though because I feel like they probably would have taken credit for it by now, and they probably would have set the bombs off earlier when there were more people around.

Could you imagine being the first responders runnin towards the injured people, not knowing if the bombs were don yet? Unreal.

That's what we get paid for............I have NEVER had to do that BTW.  Kudos to all of them, citizens too, that helped out in the immediate aftermath.

Most of us here would have done the same.

Edited by Jimmy Leeds

Proof that stupid people exist and should keep their mouth shut: Westboro Baptists plan to picket 3 Boston Bombing victims

I've heard plenty of stupid in the wake of all of this (including people who want to claim it didn't exist...really?) but this tops them I think.

EDIT: Article contains graphic images: screenshots of WBC's Twitter feed with offensive sh!t. Maybe NSFW

Edited by Hi, I'm VALUE!

Proof that stupid people exist and should keep their mouth shut: Westboro Baptists plan to picket 3 Boston Bombing victims

I've heard plenty of stupid in the wake of all of this (including people who want to claim it didn't exist...really?) but this tops them I think.

EDIT: Article contains graphic images: screenshots of WBC's Twitter feed with offensive sh!t. Maybe NSFW

"So when you spot violence, or bigotry, or intolerance or fear or just garden-variety misogyny, hatred or ignorance, just look it in the eye and think, "The good outnumber you, and we always will." - Patton Oswalt

It's sad the WB "church" continues their hatred. But they are but a fringe group and it just shows the world what kind of monsters they are. They won't be anywhere near the funerals, best to just ignore their pathetic grabs for attention.

Honestly, I think what WB does is so bizarre it's something other than bigotry. I think they're more like any cult ( albeit perhaps te smallest in the world) and the underlying ideology, whatever it is, is besides the point. It's really about the founder trying to control the few followers that he has. Maybe if they're viewed as such, their "message" will be seen the same way as that crazy guy on the corner ranting about the end of the world.

Check out how silent Boston is.

I can't imagine. I tried - I tried to imagine how I'd have felt if I was still going to school up there.  I thought I'd have been glad to have no classes and time to cram --- but then I thought - we'd be trapped in our dorm - a brownstone.  We wouldn't even be able to go to the local pizza place?  I just can't imagine - it's not a snow day, some weather emergency -- it's lockdown.    Yeesh I can't even imagine.  Oy - and my parents giving me tips advice news.. my sisters calling - I think they'd be driving me bazoo (I was far more self-centered then).  It would be far from restful that's for sure.   Glad I'm not going through it. I'm so sorry for all those that are.

http://www.businessinsider.com/eerie-photos-of-boston-looking-like-a-ghost-town-2013-4

(I used to walk over Mass ave bridge to MIT -- the Citgo sign in kenmore - glad it's still there. Boston and no traffic - I mean it's UNTHINKABLE)

Who all else went to school in Boston?  How creepy is it all even?

Edited by Pepperkorn

There is something strange about this whole thing, but to me this isn't terrorism related.

I still think they coul have been in contact with some sort of "terrorist organization", but  i also think they did the bombing on their on, with no approval of the "terrorist organization"

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.