Devils vs Rags 1/26/14 - Yankee Stadium - Official!

ghdi

not sure how excited i really am about all of this, dont get me wrong its pretty awsome and all but i feel like to put a rink in the middle of yankee stadium is there going to be a good seat in the place? Already assuming that it will be extremely over priced. I dont know maybe i just really like prudential center even though i will probably go any way.

Only bad seats in yankees stadium are the 2 sections in center feild on the sides of the mohegan sun sports bar becAuse if you sit on 1 side of it you cant see the other side of the feild

I sat on the send tier of Citizens Bank Park for the Penn State game there after the Winter Classic and was pleasantly surprised I was able to see everything just fine. Downstairs would have been a different story though.

Same type of experience here...sat upstairs at CBP for the AHL Outdoor Classic that year (Hershey vs. Adirondack) and, despite being far from the rink, I thought the view was marvelous.

Sat downstairs for this year's AHL Outdoor Classic in Hershey (Hershey vs. Wilkes-Barre), at a stadium built for football, so I expected it'd be a much better experience.

It WASN'T.  The CBP experience was far more enjoyable.

Take it for what it's worth...

That wasn't my point. We are basically giving a home game away to the rangers. Besides I'm sure they would make more $$ if the game were in NJ (Metlife Stadium)

they really can't have the game at metlife stadium...first off it is not as sexy a venue as the New Yankee Stadium. Second...super bowl

I don't care that we're "giving a home game away" to the Rags. We'll pull in a ton more $$$ for this game than if it was at the pru center

So now I'll get to hear 30,000 people chant "Mar-ty", awesome. I'll put the over under at 8 seconds for the first one. But ya, Ill still go.

Actually, do you think they'll be more marty chants or rangers sucks whistles?

hopefully they'll be chanting "Beeerrrrnierr" (as in Jonathan)

That wasn't my point. We are basically giving a home game away to the rangers. Besides I'm sure they would make more $$ if the game were in NJ (Metlife Stadium)

Agreed, but an outdoor game during football season and Super Bowl month would be logistically impossible.

Not sure why you guys assume we'll be outnumbered by Rangers fans. I think even the most casual Devils fan would love to go to this game. Devils would have to keep their 50% to STH/partial-STH only/exclusive, and we know from last year's playoff run that they're capable of that. Every "general sports" fan I know in Jersey texted me last night excited about this announcement. Can't see how our team couldn't pull the 50% slack of having our fanbase there.

I am SO excited.  I'm really surprised that the Devils are doing this AND that they are the home team.  This is awesome.  Thought MetLife would be more suitable, but people are saying with the SUperbowl, yes, but there's a span of two, three weeks inbetween.  Makes sense at Yankee Stadium since the Rags are playing there twice.  Even though the seats will not be the greatest, just being there outside watching your team is good enough.  Plus, the money I get back for the lockout and since the Devils will most likely not make it to the playoffs (oh my aching heart), there's the money for one ticket!  Woohoo!!!!!

Edited by enjoythesilence

I am SO excited.  I'm really surprised that the Devils are doing this AND that they are the home team.  This is awesome.  Thought MetLife would be more suitable, but people are saying with the SUperbowl, yes, but there's a span of two, three weeks inbetween.  Makes sense at Yankee Stadium since the Rags are playing there twice.  Even though the seats will not be the greatest, just being there outside watching your team is good enough.  Plus, the money I get back for the lockout and since the Devils will most likely not make it to the playoffs (oh my aching heart), there's the money for one ticket!  Woohoo!!!!!

What are you talking about?  The SuperBowl next year is on Feb 2nd, which is exactly 1 week after the outdoor game on the 26th.  They also need time to prep Metlife for the Superbowl as well as rehearsals for the pre-game and halftime shows.

Not sure why you guys assume we'll be outnumbered by Rangers fans. I think even the most casual Devils fan would love to go to this game. Devils would have to keep their 50% to STH/partial-STH only/exclusive, and we know from last year's playoff run that they're capable of that. Every "general sports" fan I know in Jersey texted me last night excited about this announcement. Can't see how our team couldn't pull the 50% slack of having our fanbase there.

Rags fans will still have more than 50% of the stadium.  Even at their worst last year during the playoffs, there were more Rags fans coming to the Rock last year than Devils fans going to MSG.

For me, this whole game does nothing. I won't be able to afford tickets and the game will likely look worse on TV because it's outside. I guess if it raises revenue and the brand of the team, it's good, but personally, I could not care less about this game.

Casual fans would love to go until they hear/see the prices for this...

http://flyers.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=73656

Maybe it does work the same way for home sth's too...apparently Flyer fans only got to purchase the # of seats they had on their sth account last year and they were the home team.

Just called my season ticket rep. Apparently those WITH seasons are guaranteed tix for this event. No need to buy them if you are a holder.

Just called my season ticket rep. Apparently those WITH seasons are guaranteed tix for this event. No need to buy them if you are a holder.

Really? I was probably going to get season tix next year, but that's good to know. I assumed it would be like the winter classic and be separate, a la the Flyers and their lawsuit, lol.

Guaranteed the opportunity to purchase I believe.  I highly doubt a ticket for this will be sent with our normal STH packages....

Guaranteed the opportunity to purchase I believe.  I highly doubt a ticket for this will be sent with our normal STH packages....

I don't know why my rep would say otherwise then. Then again he said that the event was yet to be confirmed by the NHL and seemed shocked when I said that it was. I must have gotten a first year ticket rep.

But wouldn't this count as a regular season game and not an exhibition. Given that a season ticket package is (of course) a package of all the regular season games wouldn't it logically make sense to believe that this game would be included?

Edited by TheMazz

I don't know why my rep would say otherwise then. Then again he said that the event was yet to be confirmed by the NHL and seemed shocked when I said that it was. I must have gotten a first year ticket rep.

But wouldn't this count as a regular season game and not an exhibition. Given that a season ticket package is (of course) a package of all the regular season games wouldn't it logically make sense to believe that this game would be included?

Go look up the lawsuit against Comcast over the winter classic tickets. They'll make it clear that this is not included in the package, if that's the case.

Edit: Here's a Puck Daddy article on it: http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/why-philadelphia-fans-suing-flyers-over-winter-classic-180733015.html

Edited by ATLL765

Pretty sure winter classic tickets haven't been sent out to season ticket holders before unless pricing and seat location is done super early. Keep in mind whatever you're paying now expect a hefty hike for this game. They will probably credit you then charge you whatever is left over. At least that is what would make sense since we already paid for 44 games. I know there is no chance in hell that they will let me pay $18 for this game. Probably times that by a lot.

Pretty sure winter classic tickets haven't been sent out to season ticket holders before unless pricing and seat location is done super early. Keep in mind whatever you're paying now expect a hefty hike for this game. They will probably credit you then charge you whatever is left over. At least that is what would make sense since we already paid for 44 games. I know there is no chance in hell that they will let me pay $18 for this game. Probably times that by a lot.

The flyer's fans argument was that they charged him for all home games, then took back the ticket for winter classic and tried to sell it back to him at a price increase. This violated his contract with the team where he had paid for 41 reg season home games+pre-season. He only got like $1400, but hey, that's more than I got right now, lol.

So if they charged you for the ticket at reg price, then take it away from you and charge you more, that would be breach of contract. Unless of course, it is specifically stated that the Devils have the right to change the price at anytime or it specifically mentions the 1/26 game next year.

The Devils can probably get around that with tiered pricing, say that's a super premier game lol.

I was thinking that too, but still. If they release a pricing schedule and claim it as one thing, then charge you more, that's still breach of contract. You signed a contract to buy X tickets at $X/ticket, even if you never signed anything, just by buying it, you've entered a contract. If they don't give you that amount of tickets for that price, it's violating your contract with them. Again, unless there's a provision in there covering this.

Edited by ATLL765