GDT New Jersey Devils at Philthy 730PM MSG+

ZeroGravityFat

whoever has dvr, go back to that end scrum and look at Carter. He looks at that guy Clarkson fought and just pushes him down to the ice with one hand. like "who are you? get the f out of here"

I saw that, loved it. Also loved the little elbow Carter threw him

Edited by Devilsfan118

If the Rangers lose to Buffalo, that gives Buffalo 46.    Which means they then play Winnipeg, which means either of those teams can be no worse than 48, and if Winnipeg wins they go to 50.   Winnipeg has us locked out on tiebreaker.    They're pretty close to being locked out.

If Winnipeg holds this lead.

Edited by maxpower

It's a long shot, but if the Rags lose to Buffalo tomorrow and we can beat Fla on Saturday...that Sunday game vs the Rags would be mighty interesting

and the sabres are hot right now

Problem is, that might be the only non-Devil game the Rangers could lose down the stretch.  They'll kill Florida and Carolina (especially since the Staal brothers probably won't want to knock Marc's team out of the playoffs).  And the Rangers aren't even the only team we're chasing anymore, Winnipeg never loses at this point.

I'm just hoping they aren't in position to eliminate us Sunday and get their revenge for last year.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Winnipeg couldn't hold the lead.  lol.    They're still assured at least one unless they totally sh!t the bed, though.

They won in OT.   So both they and the Rangers are at 48.   Lockout is getting closer.

Edited by maxpower

Problem is, that might be the only non-Devil game the Rangers could lose down the stretch.  They'll kill Florida and Carolina (especially since the Staal brothers probably won't want to knock Marc's team out of the playoffs).  And the Rangers aren't even the only team we're chasing anymore, Winnipeg never loses at this point.

I'm just hoping they aren't in position to eliminate us Sunday and get their revenge for last year.

I know (though Carolina can be pesky, look what they did to Winnipeg today...plus Marc Staal isn't even playing now)

But just get me there with a prayer...and even if Winnipeg does lock us out, hey I'd love for them to eliminate the Rags, and for us to contribute to the Rags demise

We're out of the playoffs for sure. They are just making sure they also get a sh!tty draft pick now.

lol with the draft pick nonsense.  Some of you guys act like they're going from 1-16.  The range is more like 8-12, realistically.

Not to mention the pick wouldn't mean diddly-poo if they lost 16 in a row to end the year, or 15 of 16.  Then they'd have bigger problems than any pick would fix.

• Like 2

I prefer an 8th to a 12th. :P  I don't see how winning 2-3 games at the end of this run somehow makes or breaks the team/next season.

When you're on a ten-game losing streak you absolutely need to get out of it and not have it suck the life out of you all summer. It's not like there's going to be some major housecleaning over the summer to where most of these guys aren't going to be around anyway.

Besides, all the 'useless' wins two years ago set up last year.  They needed to get out of the vortex of suck then too and get their confidence back.  There are still good players here, this isn't a rebuilding situation yet.

Ask Oiler fans how having all those #1's are working out for them.

Edited by NJDevs4978

When you're on a ten-game losing streak you absolutely need to get out of it and not have it suck the life out of you all summer.

They needed to get out of the vortex of suck then too and get their confidence back.  

Ask Oiler fans how having all those #1's are working out for them.

I am not buying your collective team psychoanalysis at all. Drafting 7-8th instead of 12-13th could easily have a greater impact on next years success then getting 2-3 extra meaningless wins. I really don't see how those wins will have any impact at all on next season.

I think the jury is still very much out on Edmonton. I think the best is yet to come from RNH, Hall and Yakupov.

I am not buying your collective team psychoanalysis at all. Drafting 7-8th instead of 12-13th could easily have a greater impact on next years success then getting 2-3 extra meaningless wins. I really don't see how those wins will have any impact at all on next season.

I think the jury is still very much out on Edmonton. I think the best is yet to come from RNH, Hall and Yakupov.

Edmonton's been done in by the lack of talent besides RNH/Hall/Eberle/Yakupov/Gagner, not because of them. Who's their best defenseman? Ladislav Smid? And then after that the corpse of Nick Schultz? 

If your whole argument hinges of the psychology of losing meaningless games, when they're showing possession advantages like they have, you're really reaching. Is there a big difference in losing 15 out of 16 versus 12? If there is to them, and something that meaningless affects them so much to submarine the next season, they're probably not worth keeping around anyway 

Edited by DH26

whoever has dvr, go back to that end scrum and look at Carter. He looks at that guy Clarkson fought and just pushes him down to the ice with one hand. like "who are you? get the f out of here"

Anyone got a video of this? NHL.com sanatises all the highlights these days so you dont get to see any of the good stuff.