It's a Man's Game (Devils Rangers 4/21/13)

Beetlebum

What in this game was the fault of a mediocre 40 year old goalie?   The defensive play is horrendous.   Yes, they keep shots down, but man do they break down.   Not much you can do when the defenseman decides to do his best goalie impersonation, blocking out the sun in the process.

Like you said, mediocre 40 year old goalie. I don't expect much, but it still gets me mad and I cannot take it anymore. He had a hell of a run last year but I wouldn't be sad if he hangs it up this seasons, but he wont.

I don't know why you guys are letting this one get to you - I hate the Rangers too, but this game is essentially meaningless.

If they win, great, fvck the Rags. If they lose, great, potential for a higher pick.

I can't wait until the offseason. I'm hoping Lou has some big things planned, including cleaning out this D core and bringing in a goalie.

Like you said, mediocre 40 year old goalie. I don't expect much, but it still gets me mad and I cannot take it anymore. He had a hell of a run last year but I wouldn't be sad if he hangs it up this seasons, but he wont.

It is what it is.   One of the bigger mistakes (in the longview, not necessarily this year) this season was not going out and finding an apprentice goalie.   Instead they rolled with the oldest goalie tandem in the history of the universe and got stuck having to roll them both for long stretches because of injuries.

Marty is a catch 22, he almost has to play next season (and I think he will), because then you're left with the awful choices of absorbing his cap hit or amnestying him to get it off the books.   And they can't afford to amnesty Marty.

It is what it is.   One of the bigger mistakes (in the longview, not necessarily this year) this season was not going out and finding an apprentice goalie.   Instead they rolled with the oldest goalie tandem in the history of the universe and got stuck having to roll them both for long stretches because of injuries.

Marty is a catch 22, he almost has to play next season (and I think he will), because then you're left with the awful choices of absorbing his cap hit or amnestying him to get it off the books.   And they can't afford to amnesty Marty.

It sucks, and thats why I get upset. Maybe they can somehow get Bernier from LA.

What in this game was the fault of a mediocre 40 year old goalie?   The defensive play is horrendous.   Yes, they keep shots down, but man do they break down.   Not much you can do when the defenseman decides to do his best goalie impersonation, blocking out the sun in the process.

That's all Volch is good for, blocking shots.  Maybe we should buy out Moose and turn him into a goalie :P

I don't know why you guys are letting this one get to you - I hate the Rangers too, but this game is essentially meaningless.

If they win, great, fvck the Rags. If they lose, great, potential for a higher pick.

I can't wait until the offseason. I'm hoping Lou has some big things planned, including cleaning out this D core and bringing in a goalie.

It's just indiciative of what the entire season's been.  Play great in stretches, then get scored on.  Have questionable lineup decisions, jaw-dropping breakdowns (funny how those didn't happen when the shot-blocking fossil wasn't around) and an obvious lack of talent up front.

I haven't commented much on GDTs all year, and I haven't read all the comments in this thread, so I'm not sure what the consensus is, but all I know is once again the Devils have 0 goals. They can't win a game that way, no matter how good/bad their goalie plays.

I haven't commented much on GDTs all year, and I haven't read all the comments in this thread, so I'm not sure what the consensus is, but all I know is once again the Devils have 0 goals. They can't win a game that way, no matter how good/bad their goalie plays.

Agreed. The lack of scoring is what infuriates me to no end. I don't care what Marty does/doesn't do when the team can't consistently score goals. Hopefully this is addressed in the offseason.

Preposterous!! Brodeur making an extra save would spur the offense to 5 goals. Or something something.

Brodeur is old and he is not the goalie he was, but the issues here are deeper than just blaming him.