Brodeur on the cover of NHL14 !!!

roomtemp

I have to admit when I first read the title of this thread I rolled my eyes....boy was I wrong! I really hope he wins now!

I still find it a little hard to believe that Marty beat a Maple Leaf and Datsyuk (during his teams stint in the playoffs).. I think the voting is a bit fixed, and that they wanted Marty on the cover for what could be his final season

Also can't see them letting a bunch of fans choose a 1 year starting goalie over the goaltending legend of our generation for their cover. It's the face of their brand. I think voting is just for marketing and to be honest it's working very well

But I ain't complaining.. This will be awesome.. I hope they have posters at GameStop so I can buy one from the store manager

I hope with all the campaigning Marty has been doing, that he holds a Game signing somewhere in appreciation to his fans getting him on the cover.  I wouldn't even care if it costed like $25.  I would definitely get 2 games.  One to play, one signed.

I hope with all the campaigning Marty has been doing, that he holds a Game signing somewhere in appreciation to his fans getting him on the cover.  I wouldn't even care if it costed like $25.  I would definitely get 2 games.  One to play, one signed.

I wouldn't bother with buying 2 games. The game isn't going to be valuable at any point, there's too many of them. It's the signature that's important. I'd just have him sign the paper cover, then just have it framed. I have a feeling that cover being signed is worth more than the game or anything else. Unless of course value is added by having a still wrapped in plastic game, but then the sig is on the outside and can be rubbed off.

I still find it a little hard to believe that Marty beat a Maple Leaf and Datsyuk (during his teams stint in the playoffs).. I think the voting is a bit fixed, and that they wanted Marty on the cover for what could be his final season

Also can't see them letting a bunch of fans choose a 1 year starting goalie over the goaltending legend of our generation for their cover. It's the face of their brand. I think voting is just for marketing and to be honest it's working very well

But I ain't complaining.. This will be awesome.. I hope they have posters at GameStop so I can buy one from the store manager

People love Marty. He didn't get the respect he deserved during his prime, but he is definitely getting it now. I don't think the voting is rigged at all...I just think Devils fans and Marty supporters pulled together really well to force some upsets. Wings fans were too busy with the playoffs to waste their time running "Vote Datsyuk" campaigns.

• Like 1

I hope with all the campaigning Marty has been doing, that he holds a Game signing somewhere in appreciation to his fans getting him on the cover. I wouldn't even care if it costed like $25. I would definitely get 2 games. One to play, one signed.

At the very least, I'm waiting as long as it takes to have him sign my copy at a Meet and Greet this year

Is

Isn't Gamestop giving away stickers for the preorder bonus along with the free Hockey Ultimate Team cards that every other place has. So who knows there might be a Devil on one

I wouldn't bother with buying 2 games. The game isn't going to be valuable at any point, there's too many of them. It's the signature that's important. I'd just have him sign the paper cover, then just have it framed. I have a feeling that cover being signed is worth more than the game or anything else. Unless of course value is added by having a still wrapped in plastic game, but then the sig is on the outside and can be rubbed off.

Yeah the value of sports games drop like a rock in the years after. If you feel the need to get another cover you can wait and pick one up cheap down the line.

I'm pretty sure Canada is helping get Marty on the cover also.

That's what I'm thinking, too. Remember Habs fans have a soft spot for Marty. That kind of explains how he managed to beat a Maple Leaf in one of the previous rounds. Then it was Canada vs. Russia... Wings fans were watching games, Russians don't care and Devils / Canadian teams were golfing already, meaning their fans could focus on something else, say, NHL 14 cover vote.

I can see that happening without the poll being fixed.

If a store manager makes you pay to get a poster, beat his a$$. They're "supposed" to be thrown away.  Usually, they grow feet and find their way into friendly customer's hands. If a jerk makes you pay, flip out. [former, bitter employee of that atrocious company]

ANYWAY...

I stand by my buying 2 copies when Marty wins this thing.

Sick 'em JPaul

as you requested, i sicked em.

count so far is 18,000! i have 3 laptops and im using them all at once!

my dad is letting me use his tablet to vote, so that means i have 4 ways of voting at once!