Brodeur on the cover of NHL14 !!!

roomtemp

I have never watched E3 before but this year just had alot of excitement along with it. Being a somewhat enthusiastic gamer it was very exciting see the capabilities of the consoles (mainly the Xbox). It doesn't matter if you prefer Xbox or Playstation there are going to be some really amazing next gen games.

With that said im happy 14 won't be a next gen game. It's going to give me a full extra year to enjoy my 360.

Edited by njd3b1ink

I have never watched E3 before but this year just had alot of excitement along with it. Being a somewhat enthusiastic gamer it was very exciting see the capabilities of the consoles (mainly the Xbox). It doesn't matter if you prefer Xbox or Playstation there are going to be some really amazing next gen games.

With that said im happy 14 won't be a next gen game. It's going to give me a full extra year to enjoy my 360.

I don't know how I feel about buying a next gen system. It's getting harder for me to spend time playing video games and the cost is quite high to buy the games, which is my biggest complaint about games. Plus, I prefer to play video games with friends anyways, so personally, the need for me to buy one isn't great, though I may convince a buddy to split the cost on one and go in on my plan, described here:

I plan on cashing in by selling them to idiots who will pay too much money for them. I did it with the Wii's last time and I don't think I've ever made such easy money. Sold 2 and made about $500 in profit. All for about 8 hours of napping outside of Wally World. Fool proof investment. It was the only way I was going to afford a PS3, lol.

Same here I pre order 1 of each and will wait to see what Rich kids parents want to dish out! Me I will wait until they smoothe the bugs out then decide! I like the Xbox controller ( big hands) and playing on line with the geezer group of friends is always a blast and MS seems to do that better! But happy I was able to preorder just got lucky they announced they were starting to take preorders while I was on line.. Lol never get this lucky but will see, go Marty and Xbox360 live on for at least another year! Lol

Edited by Devs1965

Any chance the ps4 will sell out? I pre ordered both. Keeping the xbox for myself, and I wanted to try selling the ps4. Anyone else ever, I guess scalp a console?

They will be sold out for sure. The Xbox is sold out almost everywhere already. I got a pre order for one thankfully. I saw that the second shipment of Xbox ones on amazon doesn't come till New Years. So it looks like if u don't get one at launch then it will be hard to get one for Christmas.

The PS4 is the more popular console right now so I'm sure it will be sold out as well.

Any chance the ps4 will sell out? I pre ordered both. Keeping the xbox for myself, and I wanted to try selling the ps4. Anyone else ever, I guess scalp a console?

For the 360 I waited 23 hours on line and while waiting with me, my dad decided he would get one for scalping purposes.. It was only a week to Christmas and my dumb ass figured I had to sell it before then so I set a Buy It Now at $650 and it sold in about 90 seconds.. Ultimate facepalm

Edited by Colin226

For the 360 I waited 23 hours on line and while waiting with me, my dad decided he would get one for scalping purposes.. It was only a week to Christmas and my dumb ass figured I had to sell it before then so I set a Buy It Now at $650 and it sold in about 90 seconds.. Ultimate facepalm

I regretted not getting more than one back then. The wii took like 6 months to get.. I just don't know about this new gen. It's not the same I guess. Graphics aren't much better, not much more innovation. (hence why the current gen lasted 7 years) I'll give it a shot but I doubt it will be like 2006/7.. one can hope right? Which one you getting?

ive heard about both systems coming out.. but havent really heard what new improvements/changes there were going to be that makes each system worth buying?

Both consoles have alot of "all in one entertainment" features in them but the main thing about them (I feel this applies more to the Xbox) is the potential of the technology for future games. I won't go into detail but the look and overall gameplay is going to be unreal

My big issue in general is that, as technology has gotten better, games have gotten longer and I just don't have the time to play them out.. Zelda Ocarina of Time was like the perfect length

So for me, a system that incorporates more of the other stuff I do on my TV (FiOS, movies, music) while also tying in the Internet is a good choice and the XBox One seems to do that better.. PS4 seems way more about gaming

But I'm not buying anything for a year because I want to live out my special 360 that will soon be just another Devils item on my shelf

se5uja4a.jpg

My big issue in general is that, as technology has gotten better, games have gotten longer and I just don't have the time to play them out.. Zelda Ocarina of Time was like the perfect length

So for me, a system that incorporates more of the other stuff I do on my TV (FiOS, movies, music) while also tying in the Internet is a good choice and the XBox One seems to do that better.. PS4 seems way more about gaming

But I'm not buying anything for a year because I want to live out my special 360 that will soon be just another Devils item on my shelf

se5uja4a.jpg

Niiiice that's pretty sick

But I'm not buying anything for a year because I want to live out my special 360 that will soon be just another Devils item on my shelfse5uja4a.jpg

thats bad ass.. how did you fab that up

On the contrary. Games are generally shorter nowadays. It takes less than 10 hours to finish some of the big-name shooters. Also, not a lot of RPG games hit 100 hours, like did back in the day.

I think I'll be getting a PS4 (if I buy a console, I buy a console - I already have a Blu-ray/DLNA player and all that stuff, no need for putting that inside a gaming system), but I'll wait a few months (maybe even a year) for the prices to settle down and some good titles to come out. They usually lower the prices many, many times during the lifecycle of the console, so buying on day 1 is going to be expensive compared to what it's going to cost just a bit later.

On the contrary. Games are generally shorter nowadays. It takes less than 10 hours to finish some of the big-name shooters. Also, not a lot of RPG games hit 100 hours, like did back in the day.

I think I'll be getting a PS4 (if I buy a console, I buy a console - I already have a Blu-ray/DLNA player and all that stuff, no need for putting that inside a gaming system), but I'll wait a few months (maybe even a year) for the prices to settle down and some good titles to come out. They usually lower the prices many, many times during the lifecycle of the console, so buying on day 1 is going to be expensive compared to what it's going to cost just a bit later.

I feel the same. I still get plenty of play out of my 360, so I can ride that out another year or so, especially with NHL 14 and GTA 5 coming out.

se5uja4a.jpg

i want. so very much want

thats bad ass.. how did you fab that up

I wish I could uploaded a video.. The red inside pulses, it's pretty cool

I actually sent it out to a guy in Kansas City.. I looked into what it would take for me to do it myself but getting the tools would have been tough and I'm not sure I would have done as nice a job.. I'm hoping to have players sign it with like a window pen (on the glass) and silver sharpie (on the body)

I wish I could uploaded a video.. The red inside pulses, it's pretty cool

I actually sent it out to a guy in Kansas City.. I looked into what it would take for me to do it myself but getting the tools would have been tough and I'm not sure I would have done as nice a job.. I'm hoping to have players sign it with like a window pen (on the glass) and silver sharpie (on the body)

Is the acrylic piece flush with the rest of the box? Or was it placed over top? Is that a metal frame or plastic?

This had the gears in my head turning and I was thinking you could do this with a piece of acrylic, a fake chrome film(like a window tint, but reflective), epoxy and some free time. Probably can just wire an LED straight to the motherboard for the red light. Hardest thing is probably cutting the plastic without cracking it.

were all going to be in for a real kick in the balls surprise if he didnt end up winning... although with that big ass nhl14 cover ive seen i dont know why they're waiting to announce it when they do something like that.

Edited by Sik02gt