2012-2013 NHL Playoffs

MDPucks

Pretty fascinating how Oates was our PP coach last year and half the forum wanted his head, while this year the Caps have the nr 1 ranked PP in the league. :o

I'd argue the caps have a much more offensively gifted roster than the Devils do (did). That probably helps.

And re: being hypocritical about Parise...hell fvcking yeah, of course I am. There's no room for logic in some aspects of fanhood.

Its official:  Verizon Center is the official House of Horrors for the Blue Shirts.

And watching the playoffs in general its amazing seeing the speed of teams against the Rangers (and even against the Devils for that matter).  Outside of Hagland and maybe Nash the Caps are skating circles around the Rangers.  Even in the other series of all teams Boston is now skating free.  What do these teams have in common?  Offensively gifted D-men who can skate and know how and when to pick their spots to jump into the play.

Another thing I'm sensing out of the Capitals is Oates has really gotten his guys to mature.  Green isn't a head-case, Ovie is leading and has turned around his defensive game.

Yeah watching other games and especially playoffs makes it pretty obvious why the devils were not that great. Teams execute so fast, our d really killed us offensively. They always wait an extra second to make a play. They are not a big threat at all from the blueline and they dont rush the puck with speed. Cant wait to get some new guys in.

I know people misspell players names every once in a while but 'Hagland' = Hagelin? :ninja:

do I sense a convincing reason why you edited this post?? .. As in maybe you spelt his name wrong in the first place?!?

Tsk tsk...

St Louis vs La is can't miss TV.  I'm dragging today because I staid up to watch the end of that one last night.  Much like the Philly vs Pitt series was an awesome 1st round matchup to watch last year as someone who isn't a fan of either team, this is the one I'm working my schedule around to make sure i can watch.  

Regardless of the Game 1 gaffee, Jon Quick is unbelievable.  With his athleticism, he's one of the few goalies I don't think would miss a beat if they ever got the height of the goalie pads back to where they were in the 90's.  Hopefully we can ride him to a gold next winter.   (Side note:) Canada has to be worried that they're going to be lining up whoever their flavor of the week goalie is against the three best goalies in the world who could all single handedly knock them out of the tournament in Quick (USA), Lundqvist (Sweden) and Rinne (Finland).  

Its official:  Verizon Center is the official House of Horrors for the Blue Shirts.

And watching the playoffs in general its amazing seeing the speed of teams against the Rangers (and even against the Devils for that matter).  Outside of Hagland and maybe Nash the Caps are skating circles around the Rangers.  Even in the other series of all teams Boston is now skating free.  What do these teams have in common?  Offensively gifted D-men who can skate and know how and when to pick their spots to jump into the play.

Another thing I'm sensing out of the Capitals is Oates has really gotten his guys to mature.  Green isn't a head-case, Ovie is leading and has turned around his defensive game.

That's always been their weak point since they started playing the way they do now, fast teams. They play a structured d, but if you're fast enough, you make it hard to stick to the plan, people will come out of position.

The Coliseum looks absolutely electric! Reminds me of being at game 3 versus the Panthers last year before we blew that lead.

doesn't help that MAF is trying to singlehandedly recreate the PHI series from last year

I am semi watching the Isles game and doing laundry it was 4-2 Pittsburgh and now I am back and it is 4-4

The Isles have offered exciting hockey this season, good management.

I want Boston to win but will add the Isles to the list.

Who would have thought the Isles over the the Devils? Good job Lou?

I am semi watching the Isles game and doing laundry it was 4-2 Pittsburgh and now I am back and it is 4-4

A decade of high first round picks can do that for you. Or you can harp on the devils some more. Whichever. Edited by Devil Dan 56

Always adding your cheap shots....would love see your posts for the...YEARS...we won the cup....Wondering if your big mouth was all over Lou's A$$

Such garbage. Penguins got owned in the 3rd and OT, and manage to somehow draw a penalty (Off Crosby's back of course) and then steal one on the PP.

Although they did hit the post twice in the 3rd, so who knows. Damn Penguins.

Edited by Devilsfan118

That's a bad job by the refs. You want to take Strait off for a hold, that's fine. Good call. But it was pretty clear to me that Crosby more than embellished. He dove. And the Isles got hosed

Good Lord is Grabner fast.

I can second this.

That's a bad job by the refs. You want to take Strait off for a hold, that's fine. Good call. But it was pretty clear to me that Crosby more than embellished. He dove. And the Isles got hosed

Agreed, that was definitely a softee.  That Crosby just never ceasing to amaze 

Crosby went down awfully easy.

I hate that penalty though. Any time the inside guy gets position, all he has to do is lean into the defending player, and then fall down. Guaranteed PP for your team. It's just stupid.

The call and the dive should be called in most scenarios.

Islander fans will say they got jobbed, but that was a legit penalty. Can't do that in overtime.

But they've exposed Pittsburgh. If the isles don't take them out, whoever they play next round will.

Yea you cant hold, you're right.  But you cant look at that and say Crosby didn't go down pretty easily