2012-2013 NHL Playoffs

MDPucks

My first memories of watching hockey was catching the tail-end of the Islanders glory years so I rooted for the Islanders before I became a Devils fan in 87-88.  I have no problems rooting for this Islanders team as an underdog against arguably the most universally hated team in the NHL right now.

If the Isles do end up pulling the upset heads will roll in Pittsburgh.  I believe Sherro is safe but everybody else not named Crosby will be on the block especially with the cap going down.

75% of the post on my fb feed is habs fans whinning about the refs. Litteraly 75%

And you continuing to talk about them...is also pretty annoying. It's always funny to laugh at other teams but every fan base would be complaining and whining after that spot. If that was the Devils, we'd have 50 threads and continue the narrative that the league continues to screw the Devils in every review possible.

Edited by devilsrule33

IMO, the coach is already as good as fired.   Unless they pull it together after this series, should they win.   Two years in a row they get dragged into streethockey games and you're powerless to stop this?   I remember last season thinking the Flyers must have been worldbeaters going into our series.

Yeah, so much for that.

Also, the most bizarre thing about their last two playoffs, is that the Tampa series in 2011, where they had NO ONE left, they played a gritty defensive game.   They just had no one to finish off Tampa with, I mean when Asham is getting big shifts in Game 7 you know you're screwed.   So I don't understand why he couldn't translate the style they played in that series, with a far superior roster.

There is no excuse for just being sucked into the Isles clusterfvck game.

Edited by maxpower

And you continuing to talk about them...is also pretty annoying. It's always funny to laugh at other teams but every fan base would be complaining and whining after that spot. If that was the Devils, we'd have 50 threads and continue the narrative that the league continues to screw the Devils in every review possible.

The Canadiens got jobbed on that call. I can't stand their fans either, but they have a reason to complain there. 

The Canadiens got jobbed on that call. I can't stand their fans either, but they have a reason to complain there. 

Oh let the kid have his day.  Is it any more odd than us laughing at Ranger fans after they were so cocky at the end of the season? He has to live there.  Even Devil fans 'here' know how nutty Hab fans can get just from their yearly weekend invasion.

Oh let the kid have his day.  Is it any more odd than us laughing at Ranger fans after they were so cocky at the end of the season? He has to live there.  Even Devil fans 'here' know how nutty Hab fans can get just from their yearly weekend invasion.

I saw a Devs-Habs game up there 5 years ago too, those people bring wacko to another level lol. I mean, these are the same people who called the cops on Zdeno Chara for the Pacioretty hit. Think about that for a minute.

I love going to Montreal because they love Brodeur and don't mind the Devils. Every time I walk through the city some French Canadian is like "Hey hey Martin Brodeur eh!'. I love it! Never had a problem going there and it was always a blast.

I love going to Montreal because they love Brodeur and don't mind the Devils. Every time I walk through the city some French Canadian is like "Hey hey Martin Brodeur eh!'. I love it! Never had a problem going there and it was always a blast.

The Habs won the game I went to, so the fans were flexing the beer muscles afterwards lol. Walking back to my hotel, I had no less than 3 people tell me that the Devils 'sucked' and that the Habs were in 'first place' (this was March of 08, and we happened to somehow be battling them for first in the conference at that time). Most of them were cool, but there were definitely a few dipsh!ts that gave me no choice but to laugh at how lame they were. Edited by MadDog2020

My first memories of watching hockey was catching the tail-end of the Islanders glory years so I rooted for the Islanders before I became a Devils fan in 87-88. I have no problems rooting for this Islanders team as an underdog against arguably the most universally hated team in the NHL right now.

If the Isles do end up pulling the upset heads will roll in Pittsburgh. I believe Sherro is safe but everybody else not named Crosby will be on the block especially with the cap going down.

Wow, I'm going to start sounding like Triumph, but it's a mistake to make decisions based on playoff performance. When it comes down to it, it's a small sample size, and it's almost no different than going on a three game losing streak in December. We saw it in reverse with Salvador getting a ridiculous contract based on playoff performance.

You have to judge a coach and player by the whole body of work. You make personnel decisions based on "clutchness", you end up overpaying for otherwise marginal players, selling low in good players, and firing a good coach.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Wow, I'm going to start sounding like Triumph, but it's a mistake to make decisions based on playoff performance. When it comes down to it, it's a small sample size, and it's almost no different than going on a three game losing streak in December. We saw it in reverse with Salvador getting a ridiculous contract based on playoff performance. You have to judge a coach and player by the whole body of work. You make personnel decisions based on "clutchness", you end up overpaying for otherwise marginal players, selling low in good players, and firing a good coach. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

This. Of course there'll be change but I don't think it'll be in the core (unless they can swap Fleury for someone who can play goal) nor the coach/GM. Unless Shero refuses to fire Bylsma or something.

Did our building sound that loud last year on tv at least?

I was lucky to make all 11 playoff home games last year and the Coliseum seems like it may have a small edge on us.

Just finished watching the 3rd. That place sounded like a madhouse. Good for the Isles and their fans. For the fans that have stuck around, they so badly deserve it. For the fans that didn't...good (they are sane), they deserve it as well. This is a team that hasn't won a playoff series in 20 years. Meanwhile, as Devils fan, we have enjoyed 3 Cups and 2 more Finals. So of course, everything that led to tonight...definitely made it as loud as a building can be.

I'm rooting for the Isles and not because they are playing Pittsburgh. It's a good story, and the Isles are geographic rivals to the Devils and nothing more. 

Just finished watching the 3rd. That place sounded like a madhouse. Good for the Isles and their fans. For the fans that have stuck around, they so badly deserve it. For the fans that didn't...good (they are sane), they deserve it as well. This is a team that hasn't won a playoff series in 20 years. Meanwhile, as Devils fan, we have enjoyed 3 Cups and 2 more Finals. So of course, everything that led to tonight...definitely made it as loud as a building can be.

I'm rooting for the Isles and not because they are playing Pittsburgh. It's a good story, and the Isles are geographic rivals to the Devils and nothing more. 

I'll be rooting for the Isles until they get eliminated. Great underdog story, and that team is young with a good future. For all the bitching about playoff mediocrity we have here (especially before last year), the Isles went a decade between home playoff wins, and as DR33 said here, it's been TWENTY YEARS since they won a SERIES. I hope they knock off Pittsburgh. Hell, if Nabokov can figure himself out, they may give the next round opponent a run for their money of they make it that far.

I am so glad the Canucks are out. I hate them.

As a Wild fan, I knew the Blackhawks were going to dominate them. It just sucks not having Heatley, Pominville, or Backstrom. This series would have been good with them. Oh well.
I wouldn't be surprised if the penguins pickup lundqvist in 2 years and buy out fluerys last contract. He is god awful.

Bad calls during the sens game but I don't mind :)

I, for one, can't wait to watch the Canucks absolutely blow up this offseason.

Didn't have to wait long.  Seeing my friend go through this -- it take the edge off of missing the playoffs.  He's a location fan so he just wants them to move, get sold ANYTHING to get in an organization he can be proud of.  You'd think he was a Rangers fan the way he talks.  and it's messing up his work attitude too - like insult to injury.  poor dude. :saddevil: