2012-2013 NHL Playoffs

MDPucks

http://www.nhl.com/ice/blogpost.htm?id=18248&navid=nhl:topheads

The video above is a save in Game 3 by Quick.  This was an elite save.  He pokes with his stick, but still has time to get his blocker up to make the save and as a goalie myself, I just saw this and was kind of in awe.  I think the NHL writers are making a big deal of it I think, calling it a series-changing save, but it's hard to deny that this is an elite save.  Crawford has been just as good in the series.  Phenominal save late in the 3rd and can't help but admire the talent put on display.

Edited by RizzMB30

I really like the Dallas ones. I'm glad there's bright green in the NHL again. One thing I really enjoyed about watching games in the 80's and early 90's was that the teams all looked so different. Then it seemed like everyone was wearing black, red, or blue for a long time in the late 90's to mid 2000's. The Carolina ones... eh, they made them seem more bland. 

Isn't MAF under contract at like 6m for multiple years?

Pretty expensive for a backup

Right, but the hypothetical we're discussing here is MAF has been bought out by PITT, giving us the opportunity to sign him at what could be a reasonable price. That's obviously unlikely, but it's the off-season and good threads are hard to come by right now, so what the hell.

Right, but the hypothetical we're discussing here is MAF has been bought out by PITT, giving us the opportunity to sign him at what could be a reasonable price. That's obviously unlikely, but it's the off-season and good threads are hard to come by right now, so what the hell.

I'd be in favor of it, but unfortunately the Devils have a legacy goaltender who needs to be a starter at all costs.  Fleury has been bad in the playoffs, but a new start somewhere would do him some good.  I think Pittsburgh sticks with him for at least another year, though - Vokoun's not the 'goalie of the future' there.

I'd be in favor of it, but unfortunately the Devils have a legacy goaltender who needs to be a starter at all costs.  Fleury has been bad in the playoffs, but a new start somewhere would do him some good.  I think Pittsburgh sticks with him for at least another year, though - Vokoun's not the 'goalie of the future' there.

I don't see PITT really having another option. They got MAF on a deal for a years still, Vokoun is old, but obviously still a decent tender, so I can't see them making changes yet. Plus, with all the trades they made and lack of cap space, where are they going to find the money or assets to acquire another goalie? Unless, of course, PITT buys out MAF. Then things change.

You can't put the blame all on Fleury. Pittsburgh is obviously an offense first team. I don't think Bylsma really knows what he's doing defensively.

You can put a lot of blame on Fleury. Some of the goals he's given up in the playoffs have been pretty terrible. With the way this place blows up about 'softies', Fleury's head would be on a stick outside the arena next summer.

You can put a lot of blame on Fleury. Some of the goals he's given up in the playoffs have been pretty terrible. With the way this place blows up about 'softies', Fleury's head would be on a stick outside the arena next summer.

that made laugh..

Yeah it's almost like the fans have seen well below average goaltending for the first half of every season over the last 3 years

And look at some of the goals he's given up in the playoffs the last few years.  Just horrible softies that absolutely kill their momentum. 

I actually think the guy is extremely talented that could do well with a change of scenery.  However, nobody (except maybe the Flyers) is trading for him with 2 years left on his deal at $5-6 million per. 

I'm sure if he can get with a team that knows how to run a defense and a mentor who can help then MAF can get back to his better ways. Pittsburgh is always picked as winning the cup and there's such a spotlight on them with Crosby and others. Plus I've talked with Pitt fans and he's always the first to be scapegoated.