Vanek wants out of Buffalo.

TheMazz

hard to say about Henrique, he played majority of his time with Zach and no one work harder and gives trouble to the other team with or without the puck than Zach. But Henrique did well and scored his biggest goals with Zach on the bench too. He can handle himself he just need time.

Edited by SterioDesign

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hard to say about Henrique, he played majority of his time with Zach and no one work harder and gives trouble to the other team with or without the puck than Zach. But Henrique did well and scored his biggest goals with Zach on the bench too. He can handle himself he just need time.

I remember for a good portion of last year, a lot of people though Zach was the third man on that line. Henrique wasn't being carried last year by Parise (except maybe in driving possession). That's revisionist history. Being on that line probably upped his assists but to say he was being carried by Zach (you're not but I'm sure some think it) is revisionist history

At the start of the Season henrique was on fire... he scores a lot of goals and then it disapears... at the same time our team didnt score...

Anyway dont trade him for vanek.... Lou wouldnt move it anyway...

The only thing i can see is a deal around tendenby, Urbom or josefson if buffalo are interest (not sure it a good idea about josefson... he still young and i believe he play really well at the end of the season....) maybe in couple of year he could pulls of 20 goals per season...) I still belive in jacob!

For tedenby.... i just dont knpow what to think about him... Tough to predict if he could become a top 6 forward... size is the matter... and the way he handle... he is a small guy playing like a small guy wich is not a good sign. 

For Urbom, i dont see him enough in the NHL to evaluate him correctly.

At the start of the Season henrique was on fire... he scores a lot of goals and then it disapears... at the same time our team didnt score...

Anyway dont trade him for vanek.... Lou wouldnt move it anyway...

The only thing i can see is a deal around tendenby, Urbom or josefson if buffalo are interest (not sure it a good idea about josefson... he still young and i believe he play really well at the end of the season....) maybe in couple of year he could pulls of 20 goals per season...) I still belive in jacob!

For tedenby.... i just dont knpow what to think about him... Tough to predict if he could become a top 6 forward... size is the matter... and the way he handle... he is a small guy playing like a small guy wich is not a good sign. 

For Urbom, i dont see him enough in the NHL to evaluate him correctly.

I put Tedenby in any potential deal without hesitation.  He will never be an NHL caliber play IMO.  He is too small, and lacks overall hockey IQ.  I would not trade Henrique unless we were making a blockbuster move

They're going to want a forward who has a good chance to help them right away...one who's young and inexpensive.  Gotta give something up to get something back. 

Giving up Henrique would not be wise in that deal

I put Tedenby in any potential deal without hesitation.  He will never be an NHL caliber play IMO.  He is too small, and lacks overall hockey IQ.  I would not trade Henrique unless we were making a blockbuster move

Re:  Tedenby & Josefson...Devils fans need to stop thinking other teams would want those guys in a trade that brings back a good player for the Devils.  Tedenby has no trade value.  Josefson may have some, but not much...he can't score and is a bit delicate to boot.  Buffalo isn't interested in getting fleeced, and that's all Devils fans who want to build a trade package around those players are trying to do.  Crap quantity for quality.   

Henrique is a bit of an "if" at this point, especially offensively.  Vanek has at least shown he can be solid offensively over a number of seasons in the NHL.  It's up in the air, as to whether or not Henrique can do the same.  At any rate, I don't think he's some kind of untouchable.  Sure, it would be a risk (especially if Vanek were to be a rental only), but I'm not convinced Henrique is some sure-fire NHL can't miss.   

This isn't going to happen anyway, so it's pretty much a moot point. 

I considered that maybe this year was the real Henrique, but everyone had a down year this year.  I don't think that we have the assets for Vanek.  Bad idea.  He's injury prone too.

Injury prone? What are you basing that on? Since he debuted in 05: 81, 82, 82, 73, 71, 80, 78, 38 (this season as its shortened) games played each year. He's missed double digit games once. That's pretty damn good for a forward who plays like Vanek. If thats injury prone, than Kovalchuk is made of glass.

I think some in this thread are overrating Henrique incredibly right now. I don't disagree that he has the potential to be a very good, maybe even a great player, but if a deal came up right now where it would take Henrique to get a player of Vanek's calibur now, it has to be considered. IMO the only player off the table in terms of trade is Larsson and Kovy to a lesser extent. Anyone else I'd be willing to listen on if it got us an all-star level player.

Id consider moving both the #9 pick and Henrique if it got us a player like a Vanek or Patrick Kane.

Edited by ghdi

Injury prone? What are you basing that on? Since he debuted in 05: 81, 82, 82, 73, 71, 80, 78, 38 (this season as its shortened) games played each year. He's missed double digit games once. That's pretty damn good for a forward who plays like Vanek. If thats injury prone, than Kovalchuk is made of glass.

I think some in this thread are overrating Henrique incredibly right now. I don't disagree that he has the potential to be a very good, maybe even a great player, but if a deal came up right now where it would take Henrique to get a player of Vanek's calibur now, it has to be considered. IMO the only player off the table in terms of trade is Larsson and Kovy to a lesser extent. Anyone else I'd be willing to listen on if it got us an all-star level player.

Id consider moving both the #9 pick and Henrique if it got us a player like a Vanek or Patrick Kane.

I withdraw my statement, I have a buddy who is a huge sabres fan, and whenever we talk hockey, it seems like Vanek was always hurt.  Didn't back up my statement with actual facts.

Everything you've said is evidence of why no team would give us anything valuable for Tedenby in a trade.

Edited by DJ Eco

Everything you've said is evidence of why no team would give us anything valuable for Tedenby in a trade.

Always cracks me up when a fan says "This guy can't do this, can't do that, will never be any good, so let's include him in a trade that nets us a good-to-great player in return."

Pretty simple:  if a fan can see that a guy isn't very good, then guess what?  GMs will see that too. 

re: Henrique, at the very least, it's inconclusive what his future holds.  He looks like he'll definitely stick in the NHL, but it's hard to say how good he will be.  In 585 GP, Vanek has averaged 35 goals per 82 game block.  Not saying goals are everything, but does anyone think Henrique ever touches that kind of production over the long term? 

re: Henrique, at the very least, it's inconclusive what his future holds.  He looks like he'll definitely stick in the NHL, but it's hard to say how good he will be.  In 585 GP, Vanek has averaged 35 goals per 82 game block.  Not saying goals are everything, but does anyone think Henrique ever touches that kind of production over the long term? 

I don't think Henrique is the type of player that will have Vanek's consistency, but I think Henrique will be a long term player in the NHL at the very least. Its just what his projection is. I don't think he's going to be an elite player though.The one area I hesitate on is Vanek's contract situation, but if Buffalo comes at me with the #9 and Henrique for Vanek and we can somehow get the contract sorted just prior to or just after the deal being done, I do it. Vanek is a comparable player to Zach. If I can somehow pull an extra draft pick or dump a Volchenkov in the process, it's an even better move. The only way I move this pick is with a deal for a player of this caliber.

Edited by ghdi

Ugh, no.  The 9th overall pick should only be moved for other picks or for very, very young players.  Henrique, yeah, as I think his value is near peak and if he comes back with a 35 point/82 game season next year, everyone knows what he is and there's not much room for deception.  I'd be willing to move him a lot of places - if NJ could sign an LW, deal Henrique for an RW (or vice versa), I'd feel just fine about Clarkson getting the boot.

No, but Vanek won't touch Henrique's PK ability either.  I'm wary about players like Vanek - the last one we got like that isn't lighting up the league offensively either.  And of course he doesn't drive play - something which, given how good the rest of the team was at that skill, I'm willing to overlook, but not if the guy's going to get paid a ton of money.

I agree with you on Henrique. I think the #9 should/could be in play, but thats more me thinking "win right now". I see where you're coming from on not trading it and its beginning to dawn on me that we're probably not going to be winning another Cup with Brodeur.

Lokti has big upside in my opinion, and annoying bast@rds like Clarkson are always good to have. I don't think we can realistically afford Vanek. Now Miller, if we could get a 3 year extension for maybe 11-12 tops, I'd be up for the one year 6.5MIL hit he gets next year if he is around to play until one of the kid goalies either proves himself or we get someone long term if they don't.

Vanek & Miller for our #1 this year, Loktionov, Matteau, Clarkson & Harold, but the deal is contingent on Vanek & miller signing new deals...

Put down the hookah and slowly back away red. Clarkson and Harrold are UFAs this summer, Loktionov is an RFA, and there is no way to put in a contingency based on contract signings. Now if you were to say trade Harris Pesonen for Tony Amonte straight up, I'd say that the Flames might be willing to make that deal.....

Vanek & Miller for our #1 this year, Loktionov, Matteau, Clarkson & Harold, but the deal is contingent on Vanek & miller signing new deals...

Red - you have to know better than this. Clarkson and Harrold are UFA.

Furthermore, I dont deal #9, loktionov and matteau for miller and vanek. Minimum those two are making $11/ year in 14/15

Red - you have to know better than this. Clarkson and Harrold are UFA.

Furthermore, I dont deal #9, loktionov and matteau for miller and vanek. Minimum those two are making $11/ year in 14/15

thought Clarkson was an RFA, but honestly I was just throwing names out there...

do we want miller that badly?? A little inconsistent for me

He is certainly better than any options we have after Marty leaves, plus the team in front of him is terrible, he would be a stud in NJ...