Who do you think the Devils will draft?

Jerzey

Devils 2013 draft selection  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think the Devils will select?

• Sean Monahan
    • Elias Lindholm
    • Nikita Zaradov
    • Hunter Shinkaruk
    • Bo Horvat
    • Curtis Lazar
    • Valeri Nichushkin
    • Darnell Nurse

Don't know who any of these guys are. I would just like to see the Devils go for an offensive type player with their first pick,

Mike

nobody likes Lazar? sure hes a year younger but then you realize hes 6' 190 with room to grow, good on the cycle is in his scouting report.

his report reads like devils material. edit: according to the little ive seen, which is why i ask.

I hadn't really looked at Lazar so I just looked at him after you posted this and I gotta say I like what I see. If Monahan and Nichushkin are both gone I'd like to see the Devils go after Lazar.

nobody likes Lazar? sure hes a year younger but then you realize hes 6' 190 with room to grow, good on the cycle is in his scouting report.

his report reads like devils material. edit: according to the little ive seen, which is why i ask.

I love what I've seen in him. he has skills like and he's physical. Nichuskin is also signed for 2 more

years in the khl?

Realistically, what do you guys think the chances of one (or both?) of Lindholm and Nichushkin dropping to 9? Monahan and Shinkaruk would both be good picks (Monahan more than Shinkaruk, in my opinion), but Lindholm and Nichushkin seem to have superstar potential that I can't see Monahan or Shinkaruk having as easily.

Seems as if most folks here want a forward, knowing Conte/Lou will pick best player "available".

I feel like others that there is a need for forward. But shouldn't be totally shocked even if they went

for Fucale (G)(although I really doubt that'll happen)

I also wonder if scouting thinks any of the lower picks could be NHL ready or not that far off.

I want to attend draft as well, but with the entire floor being taken up with all 30 teams, could make

for a boring night.

I wonder if the Devils couldn't put together a pick & player package and get another (20s-range) first.

even an early 2nd would be great. Mtl has 3... maybe they'd be willing to give up one for a package, their D is pretty shaky at time

even an early 2nd would be great. Mtl has 3... maybe they'd be willing to give up one for a package, their D is pretty shaky at time

I'd think the most plausible scenario for trading down is trading our 2 rd pick+another pick or a d prospect to move up like 20 spots from 39 to somewhere around 20 and try to get Lazar there.

yeah thats not horrible either. 

I'd really like to get Lazar, since he seems like our kind of pick, good two way player, all that jazz, but at the same time, we can't trade down from 9 to around 20 and give up the level of talent we could get at 9. Though I can't imagine we've had two 1st rd picks in the same draft in a long time, if ever.

I'd really like to get Lazar, since he seems like our kind of pick, good two way player, all that jazz, but at the same time, we can't trade down from 9 to around 20 and give up the level of talent we could get at 9. Though I can't imagine we've had two 1st rd picks in the same draft in a long time, if ever.

well we have enough "devils kind of player" who will play the system well and put up average points. We need a bomb

well we have enough "devils kind of player" who will play the system well and put up average points. We need a bomb

When you typically draft in the bottom third of the first round you usually end up with "devils kind of players", which has worked out pretty well.

When you typically draft in the bottom third of the first round you usually end up with "devils kind of players", which has worked out pretty well.

Well exactly when you have a chance to get something extra who can bring another dimension you go for it

Kinda like Adrian Foster?

Kinda like Adrian Foster?

Considering who was available it wasn't the end of the world.

When compared to the drafting of other teams, Devils fans don't have all that much to complain about.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Well exactly when you have a chance to get something extra who can bring another dimension you go for it

The last time they had a lottery level pick they got who was considered the best defenseman in the draft and thought of by everyone as a steal.

In 1996 they ended up with a bad player at ten in what could possibly the worst draft in NHL history,

And once upon a time they traded up to get the steal of the 2003 draft.

This whole idea about Lou and Conte having a narrow vision of Devils type players is a myth. They would not have drafted Jon Merrill if that were the case.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Considering who was available it wasn't the end of the world. When compared to the drafting of other teams, Devils fans don't have all that much to complain about. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

That's entirely your own opinion.

1,2,3 Jones/MacKinnon/Barkov

4,5,6 Drouin, Defensemen, Nichuskin

7,8,9,10 Lindholm, Monahan, Defensemen/Shinkaruk/Domi

I don't see picking BPA, we needs forwards. Our pipeline of actual potiental top 6 forwards are Boucher, Matteau, Josefson, and Tedenby.

As long as Shinkaruk/Lindholm/Nichuskin/Monahan is on the board I have no doubt we take one of them over a defensemen.

Yes, kinda outta of the box, <NPI>. A scoring threat, ! And a leader thank you with the 9th pick Your New Jersey Devils select Mr Sean Monahan...... :yay: Ok, back to you Chico..........