Tickets to Draft - Newark, NJ

lucifer91

anyone know which rounds we actually draft in? I know we have one "conditional" pick (D'agostini)

and I think another pick from Zidlicky? And we lost our 7th for something? Can someone clarify this? Thanks!

anyone know which rounds we actually draft in? I know we have one "conditional" pick (D'agostini)

and I think another pick from Zidlicky? And we lost our 7th for something? Can someone clarify this? Thanks!

D'Agostini's conditional picks affect next year's draft not this one. According to Tom Gulitti they've got picks in the 1st, 2nd, 4th and 6th rounds.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been to a draft, so I feel I can give a good opinion on it: It isn't the most exciting thing in the world. I was ready to call it an evening after 17-18 picks, but it isn't the worst thing in the world. If I lived in NJ, I'd want to rep my team. With a fun crowd, you can make it a good event. The Devils have a top 10 pick, so you don't have to wait very long. The whole league is watching so a good time to cheer the Devils and Lou when they go to pick. When the Rangers come up, boo them as loud as possible and chant "over-rated" *clap-clap-clap* when Sather speaks. Stuff like that can make the event a lot better.

Edited by devilsrule33

I've been to a draft, so I feel I can give a good representation of it: It isn't the most exciting thing in the world. I was ready to call it an evening after 17-18 picks, but it isn't the worst thing in the world. If I lived in NJ, I'd want to rep my team. With a fun crowd, you can make it a good event. The Devils have a top 10 pick, so you don't have to wait very long. The whole league is watching so a good time to cheer the Devils and Lou when they go to pick. When the Rangers come up, boo them as loud as possible and chant "over-rated" *clap-clap-clap* when Sather speaks. Stuff like that can make the event a lot better.

Noted. Totally getting hammered at Loft 47 beforehand and will be starting the "over-rated" chant.

The date of the draft is already set. You can make plans because releasing tickets won't change the date.

I know the date but there is no information about tickets being released and how many.  What if they only release a couple thousand to the public and I can't get my hands on them?  I am not going to go there just to hang out at the bars around there.

I know the date but there is no information about tickets being released and how many.  What if they only release a couple thousand to the public and I can't get my hands on them?  I am not going to go there just to hang out at the bars around there.

You planning on being super busy on a Sunday afternoon?

Also, from the Pru Center website: "Ticket Prices: There is no cost for this event." http://www.prucenter.com/default.asp?prucenter=87&objId=1210

My guess, they guarantee tix to STH and anyone who wins the contest things, the rest are first come, first serve, general admission seats. For free.

You planning on being super busy on a Sunday afternoon?

Also, from the Pru Center website: "Ticket Prices: There is no cost for this event." http://www.prucenter.com/default.asp?prucenter=87&objId=1210

My guess, they guarantee tix to STH and anyone who wins the contest things, the rest are first come, first serve, general admission seats. For free.

I never mentioned prices.  I am talking about availability.  You have the players, their families, the teams and their people and then the STH's.  Not sure how much is left for general admission after that.

I am usually very busy on my weekends too and with summer just about here if I cannot get in the doors to the event I would rather do something else other than huddling in the bars around the arena.

Edited by DevsMan84

I never mentioned prices.  I am talking about availability.  You have the players, their families, the teams and their people and then the STH's.  Not sure how much is left for general admission after that.

I am usually very busy on my weekends too and with summer just about here if I cannot get in the doors to the event I would rather do something else other than huddling in the bars around the arena.

Has you tried calling the box office? I know they suck, but someone might at least be able to tell you how many tix they reserved for the day of. It's possible they're still waiting to get an idea of how many tickets they'll have.

Maybe someone can answer this:

Did they make STH claim the 2 tix that they gave each acct holder? Or is it just like a print them and bring them kind of thing?

It could be that they're not anticipating a large demand for them and feel the general admission they have will be enough for anyone who might want to go.

Has you tried calling the box office? I know they suck, but someone might at least be able to tell you how many tix they reserved for the day of. It's possible they're still waiting to get an idea of how many tickets they'll have.

Maybe someone can answer this:

Did they make STH claim the 2 tix that they gave each acct holder? Or is it just like a print them and bring them kind of thing?

It could be that they're not anticipating a large demand for them and feel the general admission they have will be enough for anyone who might want to go.

I actually did call them a couple weeks back and they had no clue.  After my past experiences with them I was not surprised.

Might as well just plan on going and buy tickets if you can't get freebees, the draft is a once or maybe twice in a lifetime thing.

That's kinda what I am thinking, but if the prices are stupid for what the event really is I will pass on them.

I would just like to know now as soon as possible in advance.

I am going winning or paying. Always wanted to go to a draft, its even on my bucket list.

I'm going as well(drive up from Va) I was going to bring the wife but I think she'll be bored as hell. i don't want her to keep looking at me "can we go now?

I'm going as well(drive up from Va) I was going to bring the wife but I think she'll be bored as hell. i don't want her to keep looking at me "can we go now?

Pony up for a show or something that night in NYC... take the train from Newark to Penn...    Both are happy.  :)

In addition - I know i have sold tix or given tix to different people during the course of my years here. This is 1st yr I am not a season ticket holder. If I do not get a "free tix" I hope a STH here would do me the pleasure in selling me a ticket or two for the draft!

Thanks!

CMON!