Well at least we don't have the worst game 7 collapse now

roomtemp

lol devils-hurricanes 2009

That's what I was referring to in my post.  The op said we didn't have the worst collapse.  I said no, just the quickest and that no other team (meaning besides us) had gone from winning a series to losing a series in a minute.  But no other team has lost a three-goal lead in the third period of Game 7 (besides Toronto) either.  It just depends how you define worst.  

I do think last night was worse than ours, it just was a little slower because of the OT.  But losing a two-goal lead in the final ninety seconds is beyond bad, OT or no OT.

That was a tough loss to swallow for the Leafs.   I chalk it up to inexperience and playing on the road for game 7.  Granted, it could happen to anyone, but when a team has not been to the playoffs in over 5 years, and they're all of a sudden playing a game 7 on the road and have a considerable lead, the bench must have been thinking "Well, this is not really happening is it...we're not supposed to be winning that big..."

And so you have it...the self fulfilling prophecy lives another day...the Leafs "willed" to lose the lead and so they did, and with it, the game as well...

crazy. I actually feel pretty bad for Toronto/Canada. On the bright side, the Rangers have a tougher opponent in the Bruins than the Leafs.

Hard to watch Washington squander Ovechkins talent year after year.

I don't think it was hard to watch, they did far better than people expected at the start of the season when things looked so bad. Give them the offseason, see if they can pick up a couple of pieces. I think Oates is a good fit there and will help the team prosper to a degree.

Oh I did it -- I sent the emails out to all my Toronto friends heh heh heh...  classic snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.  so all the "Dude - I love you man. Life is worth living" notes are posted.  Everyone is taking it really well too.

My friend here's brother is relishing the sports radio today in Toronto.  They're both Vancouver fans so ...   He was funny in that getting matched with the Sharks 1st round - he just -- well it was worse than if they had just missed the playoffs altogether - which he was indeed routing for at the end there.

I'm rather having fun being designated troll -- and WHY does everyone feel compelled to post about hockey when I know they dont even like it -- I mean these guys are RANGERS fans, so they CAN'T like hockey actually.

My relatives are flippin' BOSTON fans  :puke:   My dad's brother didn't get into Michigan and had to go to Brown instead so... :rolleyes:Boston... gad...  :puke:

I am glad the Wangs won.  But I'm not a fan.  :evil:

Historic comeback for the Bruins. Shame I missed it live after turning the channel when the lead was 4-1 in the third. It sucks for the Leafs, but I think the Bruins/Rangers will be a better series. Will not be expecting many goals, though. Haha