Brodeur's television debut tonight

SterioDesign

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2013/05/21/devs-brodeur-thrilled-to-join-cbc-as-guest-analyst-will-debut-wednesday/

On Tuesday, the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation announced New Jersey netminder Martin Brodeur would be joining the HNIC intermission panel as a guest analyst.

Brodeur, 41, will make his television debut on Wednesday for Game 4 of the Pittsburgh-Ottawa series, and will join a pair of ex-NHL goalies — Glenn Healy and Kevin Weekes — on the panel, along with Ron MacLean, PJ Stock and Elliotte Friedman.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The man is a walking encyclopedia of hockey by all accounts and he's always been genial and good with the press. I'd think this is a fairly natural transition for him and something he'll probably look into doing after he retires. Assuming he doesn't get put into the Devils org somewhere else right away.

Let's start a "Replace Chico with Marty 2015" campaign.

Not that I don't love Chico and his "chicoisms", but I mean..it's almost time to call it, I'd say.  Couple years more, tops.

He's more annoying without Doc to shut him up when he's going off the wall with a retarded comment. Doc and him had this perfect chemistry of knowing when to speak, when the other was about to stop speaking. It could have been all Doc just interrupting Chico at the right moments, but I'll give Chico the benefit of the doubt.

He's more annoying without Doc to shut him up when he's going off the wall with a retarded comment. Doc and him had this perfect chemistry of knowing when to speak, when the other was about to stop speaking. It could have been all Doc just interrupting Chico at the right moments, but I'll give Chico the benefit of the doubt.

I feel like they installed a special kill switch so Doc could turn off Chico's mic without Chico knowing.

Any 90's kids remember when he was on Rocket Power with Jeremy Roenick and Luc Robitaille

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xxzi4k_rocket-power-power-play_fun

2000s kid...      the show was Aug1999-July2004.   

I only looked it up because I had no idea what the hell that show was, and I was born in 84.

edit: I guess you could say 90s...  but I pretty much claim the 90s as my childhood...   I don't consider the 80s to be mine at all.

Edited by aylbert

Not at all.  I think she does a great job.

She doesn't know what she is describing half the time other than to point out the obvious.  Her comments lack any value, insight or depth and often she sounds very unsure of herself.  If it was not for Sherry then Chico might be the worst color commentator in the entire league.

Matt L. is no better either and has to be the worst radio play-by-play announcer I have ever heard.  For hockey the PBP person has to literally describe everything that is going on so the listener can paint an accurate picture of the action unlike slower-paced sports like baseball.  Matt calls the plays at a snails pace and god help me if he can't announce the fvcking score more than 2 times a period.

2000s kid...      the show was Aug1999-July2004.   

I only looked it up because I had no idea what the hell that show was, and I was born in 84.

edit: I guess you could say 90s...  but I pretty much claim the 90s as my childhood...   I don't consider the 80s to be mine at all.

He meant born in the 90s, not growing up in the 90s. I was born in 91 and I grew up watching shows like Rocket Power, Rugrats, Angry Beavers, Rocko's Modern Life, etc. 

I can't wait for Marty's intermission analysis:

Friedman: Fellas, can you offer some insight on why Ottawa struggled so much in the 2nd period?

Weekes: "Ottawa failed to get their big guys to the front of the net. They need to power through the physical Penguins' defense."

Healy: "The Sens couldn't find a way to spark their powerplay. They're just not communicating with each other out there and they lack discipline in the offensive zone."

Brodeur: "It's that God damn trapezoid!"

He meant born in the 90s, not growing up in the 90s. I was born in 91 and I grew up watching shows like Rocket Power, Rugrats, Angry Beavers, Rocko's Modern Life, etc. 

Kinda figured.  I go by production year...   not birth; since you already lose half a decade pooping yourself.  lol