Summer 2013 UFA/RFA Thread

Derlique

Jim Nill's first signing as an NHL GM is very Joe Nieuwendyk-ish. Gonchar gets 2 years and $10 million.

That's brutal. Funny how the KHL can't even get an over the hill Russian

Edit- John Fischer from ILWT trust brings up a good point. Figure Zidlicky and Gonchar are roughly equal at this point. Zidlicky is gonna get paid and I hope not by us

Edited by SMantzas

Clarksonnnn .... Elias? Zubie.... Where are you's ... Growing impatient by the day if i dont hear some good news soon i swear im going to call Lou and bitch a fit

come on its only been 2 months and the draft and free agency is in 3 weeks and the only risk is losing 2 guys of our top 6 and possibly 3 depending on how you look at it, on top of the hole left after zach who was never replaced other than by cheap waivers pickups. No biggie.

of course im sarcastic but whats the point of blaming Lou here? he could have twitter and instagram posting pictures of himself on the beach everyday drunk and travelling around the world not doing anything hockey related and folks here would still defend him thats its the way to go cause of his track record and success. And if we do lose all those guys to free agency well its 100% not his fault either its all on the players of course.

That's brutal. Funny how the KHL can't even get an over the hill Russian

Edit- John Fischer from ILWT trust brings up a good point. Figure Zidlicky and Gonchar are roughly equal at this point. Zidlicky is gonna get paid and I hope not by us

That's a terrible point.  Comparables don't exist on the UFA market.  It's all about what one team is willing to pay you - would Gonchar have gotten that contract from another team?  Probably not.

I don't think the Gonchar contract is that bad in light of the free agent market.  He's still okay in top 4 minutes.  With any luck, he'll stay healthy and they can deal him at the deadline in 2 years.  This frees them up to deal Goligoski or Daley at the draft.

come on its only been 2 months and the draft and free agency is in 3 weeks and the only risk is losing 2 guys of our top 6 and possibly 3 depending on how you look at it, on top of the hole left after zach who was never replaced other than by cheap waivers pickups. No biggie.

of course im sarcastic but whats the point of blaming Lou here? he could have twitter and instagram posting pictures of himself on the beach everyday drunk and travelling around the world not doing anything hockey related and folks here would still defend him thats its the way to go cause of his track record and success. And if we do lose all those guys to free agency well its 100% not his fault either its all on the players of course.

All Lou can do, at any point, is offer a player a contract to stay.  If he doesn't offer a contract at all, then yeah, it's his fault.

Why would they want to deal Goligoski? He's a solid top 4 dman. I don't think Gonchar has made him redundant

They need forwards badly, and the free agent market is going to be awful.  Would you rather deal Goligoski to say, Detroit, for a good forwards or throw big money at people like Pascal Dupuis and David Clarkson?

They need forwards badly, and the free agent market is going to be awful. Would you rather deal Goligoski to say, Detroit, for a good forwards or throw big money at people like Pascal Dupuis and David Clarkson?

Fair enough, but save Dillon and Robidas, their D is pretty bad too. Goligoski scored at a 50 pt pace this season

I am looking at one thing: Bruins have 22 players signed for next year with a cap hit of 59 million. The two key players not signed are Horton (UFA) and Rask (RFA). I expect Rask to demand upwards of a 5 million cap hit, especially after his phenomenal playoff run so far. Horton, I could see asking for the same amount, thus putting them at around 70 million. They cant buyout Marc Savard cuz he is injured, likewise, Philly is stuck with Prongers massive contract. There are other teams in this league with similar problems. I think the free Agent Market is going to be a frenzy as teams try to get under the cap this summer. Should be a fun summer.

I am looking at one thing: Bruins have 22 players signed for next year with a cap hit of 59 million. The two key players not signed are Horton (UFA) and Rask (RFA). I expect Rask to demand upwards of a 5 million cap hit, especially after his phenomenal playoff run so far. Horton, I could see asking for the same amount, thus putting them at around 70 million. They cant buyout Marc Savard cuz he is injured, likewise, Philly is stuck with Prongers massive contract. There are other teams in this league with similar problems. I think the free Agent Market is going to be a frenzy as teams try to get under the cap this summer. Should be a fun summer.

they'll just kiss Horton goodbye there before they go over the cap. They may have to deal Lucic too though they'd probably prefer not to (too big a cap hit) so they can re-sign Bergeron in a year

Marc Savard does not count towards their cap if he's on IR.

Edited by Daniel

Marc Savard does not count towards their cap if he's on IR.

That's not quite true - the Bruins can replace his salary with someone else's.  But he still counts towards their cap, meaning they will have serious trouble making deadline moves, even if they can fit Horton in there (which they simply may not be able to)

Larry Brooks reporting Marek Zidlicky would be on the Rangers' radar if he goes UFA.

That would be such a dumb move. The Rangers can't take on any big multiyear contracts. From what I heard the queen is looking to become the highest paid goalie in the NHL. You figure after they sign their RFAs and let clowe walk They would have around 5 million in Cap. Then the next Year all the big guys need new contracts. They would have to blow up their team.