Summer 2013 UFA/RFA Thread

Derlique

why would clarkson sell his house in nj before hitting the market and even knowing where he would end up going? wouldnt it be a little too soon to sell his house before talking deals with other teams?

Real estate is a tricky business. He's clearly going to get a raise. It could also be that he wants to get a new house when he signs a new deal. It could also be that Lou has already given him a final offer and he knows he isnt taking it. It could also be a rumor that isn't true.

Before anyone tries to use the above as an excuse to trade his rights, trading his rights isn't a one way street. No one is going to trade for rights unless they believe they can sign the player. If Clarkson and his agents are set on going to market (like Parise), then its a moot point. So say Detroit offers a fifth round pick for his rights, but the player says "Im not signing anything until July 5th", then its not a feasible option. 

why would clarkson sell his house in nj before hitting the market and even knowing where he would end up going? wouldnt it be a little too soon to sell his house before talking deals with other teams?

Well he hasn't bought a house anywhere yet. Just getting rid of the one he won't need anymore.

1. He doesn't want to have to pay for two homes while he's trying to sell one of them.

2. He'll be able to afford a new one the second he signs his next deal. I'm sure he can afford an apt until he buys a new place.

The Fourth Period is embarrassing and I wish I could just take back the click I just made on their article.  What an atrocious piece of linkbait horsetwaddle.

Not disagreeing, but its still good to fling sh!t at them.

what the fvck is honestly going on around here? i mean seriously? Is that article accurate and for real?

Its the Fourth Period. I reckon they're worse than even Єklund (2.3% accurate) at this point. People are going mental about that article on Twitter tho so I posted it to get others to comment on its stupidity. Frankly, I like HockeyBuzz for some of the bloggers, not the rumors that Ek pulls out of his ass. TFP doesnt have many redeeming qualities.

Its the Fourth Period. I reckon they're worse than even Єklund (2.3% accurate) at this point. People are going mental about that article on Twitter tho so I posted it to get others to comment on its stupidity. Frankly, I like HockeyBuzz for some of the bloggers, not the rumors that Ek pulls out of his ass. TFP doesnt have many redeeming qualities.

I refuse to click on the article again to deconstruct exactly how it hits all the high points of linkbait garbage, but it uses 'many anonymous sources', pats itself on the back for reporting an 'exclusive' which quite possibly never happened, and doesn't even commit to its premise - I don't think it ever says Clarkson and Elias are definitely leaving, it just says they might, which of course they might, they don't have contracts for next year.  Good lord, that is hockeyinsiderr level trash.

its annoying.. made me aggravated.. the entire situation with this team and the free agency situation just down right annoys me. Are the devils in a financial situation? or is it not known?

Last verified source I read of was before the lockout ended or just after and said that Vanderbeek righted the ship. The only question remains is if we have an internal salary cap (which did not prevent us from offering Parise upwards of 8M per) or if we're back to spending to the cap.

Here's the article I'm speaking of.

The Fourth Period article rehashes a lot of the BS that the NY Post was shoveling around this time last year and tries to use it as a reasoning for us not re-signing UFAs, when there's so many other reasons why we may not retain a guy.

@TSNBobMcKenzie: With Alain Vigneault withdrawing himself from DAL job, expectation is he has an offer to coach NYR tho no one has officially confirmed that.

Yea, its blowing up on Twitter now that he's got the job, nothing official, but I imagine where there's smoke there's fire.

@TSNBobMcKenzie: With Alain Vigneault withdrawing himself from DAL job, expectation is he has an offer to coach NYR tho no one has officially confirmed that.

Yea, its blowing up on Twitter now that he's got the job, nothing official, but I imagine where there's smoke there's fire.

Looks done now. Pat Leonard ‏@NYDNRangers

Alain Vigneault is being signed right now to become the next head coach of the Rangers, per source #NYR