Summer 2013 UFA/RFA Thread

Derlique

Lmfao, found this on a Vancouver board. Hopefully Vigneault rolls like Torts, although I doubt his system is as offensively restrictive. JMbJBge.jpg

I'm kinda sad I was hoping for the Gretzky-esque crash and burn from Messier as the coach 

I'm not sure if Lou has ever done this (pretty sure he never has) would trade Clarkson's rights if they can't hammer out an agreement? I'm sure there will a couple teams that would overpay him in the 5 mil range? Lou won't, and can't pay that much.  

Better to get something instead of nada. 

I'm not sure if Lou has ever done this (pretty sure he never has) would trade Clarkson's rights if they can't hammer out an agreement? I'm sure there will a couple teams that would overpay him in the 5 mil range? Lou won't, and can't pay that much.  

why are you typing in that font.... head ache.

A bit under the radar but I wonder if Lou would have any interest in 22 year old, right handed, C Corban Knight. The Edmonton Journal reports that he will be a free agent after August 15 as he has confirmed he will not be signing with the Panthers who drafted him 5/135 in 2009. He's 6'2, 201 lbs, and just spent the last 4 years at North Dakota. He entered college as a true freshman at 18 and has been at least a point-per-game player since his sophomore year. He was a finalist for the Hobey Baker Award this past season.

NCAA: 161 GP 52-94-146 0.91 PPG 145 PIM +65

The Edmonton Journal link above has a lot of quotes from Knight and speaks about how a few NHL teams have looked to acquire his rights. Hockey Prospectus recently ranked him just outside their top 50 drafted prospects and here is their write up on him.

Year in Review: Knight finished off his college career with an exclamation mark, as he was one of the best two-way players in the country and was named a Hobey Baker finalist for best college player.

The Good: Knight is a great puck possessor who displays puck skills to go along with very good hockey sense at both ends. He may not be the flashiest player in the world, but the talent is unquestionably there and he can consistently show top-end playmaking skill as a passer. Knight is also a hard working, aware defensive player and a face off ace who drew hard assignments for North Dakota and was still one of the best offensive players in the country.

The Bad: Knight doesn’t have a glaring issue in his game other than his skating is roughly average. While he moves fine he won’t blaze past anyone.

Projection: He could be a good #2 center who logs tough minutes.

Its not that simple. Clarkson could be set on going to July 5 no matter what and if that's the case, his rights aren't going to be worth much to a particular team. Its not like the Islanders who just traded Streit's rights b/c Snow knew he wasn't going to re-sign the guy. Rights aren't going to get much more than a mid-round draft pick anyway and if the rights are traded, we cannot sign him at all. Lou may value the chance to sign him more than this.

And its not necessary to post in different fonts or bolded. 

Edited by ghdi

A bit under the radar but I wonder if Lou would have any interest in 22 year old, right handed, C Corban Knight. The Edmonton Journal reports that he will be a free agent after August 15 as he has confirmed he will not be signing with the Panthers who drafted him 5/135 in 2009. He's 6'2, 201 lbs, and just spent the last 4 years at North Dakota. He entered college as a true freshman at 18 and has been at least a point-per-game player since his sophomore year. He was a finalist for the Hobey Baker Award this past season.

The Edmonton Journal link above has a lot of quotes from Knight and speaks about how a few NHL teams have looked to acquire his rights. Hockey Prospectus recently ranked him just outside their top 50 drafted prospects and here is their write up on him.

I don't think so - if he was a winger, I do think they'd have interest, but it looks like he's most adept at center.  Looks like a nice player to have, though.

certainly an upgrade over anything they threw out there last year on defense.

Though 4 years is a bit for a player his age and cannot wait to see the overpayment numbers.

Especially with the new cap rules I can't see this working out well for the Flyers.

I'm guessing 4 years @ 22 or 24 mil.

Edited by GoArmySports

It'll be several days before we get the numbers but 4 years with Streit is an awfully long time.

5.25 million per. LOL

Dreger again:

Told Streit deal with Flyers is 4 years, $5.25 mil per.

Edited by ghdi

Looks really interesting, hopefully Lou gives him a look. We're so thin on righty's.  Wonder why Panthers didn't persue?

Knight probably opted out himself - Florida has a bunch of young forwards and if they weren't willing to give him 1st round money he could easily walk.  It's rare, but Knight's had a good enough college career where there will be plenty of teams interested.

Again, have to wait on the actual numbers of Streit's deal since he won't sign for at least another week.  That's an awful lot of money, though - hard to imagine him being offered more on the open market.

Edited by Triumph

4 years $21 mil for Streit? BAHAHAHAHAHA, that's just beautiful. What a terrible contract.

I know it's insane to sign an old defenseman to contract, well unless it's New Jersey

We have some lousy deals, but nothing THAT lousy, thankfully. I want to resign Zidlicky, but if we gave him anything like what Streit got I'd pretty much break sh!t.